Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does your gaming style reflect your personality?

This is a discussion on Does your gaming style reflect your personality? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Everything is in the video below. I bring this topic to you because I would like to know what you ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Does your gaming style reflect your personality?

Everything is in the video below.

I bring this topic to you because I would like to know what you guys are thinking. Do you think the style of game play someone takes can reflect on the type of person they are in real life? Or is it just a simple playing style and no need to look any further into it.

Interesting thought I had and just would like to get your feedback.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Huge Gaming Backlog

That could possibly be true. I'm a curious type of person so when I play games I like to explore everything in a game. That's why I love games like Oblivion, GTA, Red Dead and Fallout. I like to just roam around finding new places and discovering new things.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

The One and Only

Call of Duty doesn't really fit my style honestly, but I would play it if a friend or cousin brings it over. Maybe snag a couple trophies from it

I'm more of an action/adventure person and racing (arcade street racing) person. That definitely has some reflection in my personal life.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Local Drunk

I just run off in CoD every man for himself style and I am not like that in real life. Like Dare, I'm into action/adventure so there is a connection to what I am like in real life cause I love skirmish and going camping also don't mind a bit of bushwalking (not in Balangalo State Forest lol).

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well... I just shot three cops in the head, snapped a fourth's neck, jumped through the window of their car and stole it in Saints Row: The Third. Can't really say it's something I'd do in real-life.

No Matter What

It's pretty obvious that games reflect your personality. You see hyper people playing fast paced FPS games and not Star Craft.
    Also if you play a certain genre for awhile it can affect your personality.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    It's pretty obvious that games reflect your personality. You see hyper people playing fast paced FPS games and not Star Craft.
    Also if you play a certain genre for awhile it can affect your personality.
    That is not necessarily true. I'm a very laid back person & I play the shit out of CoD MP, which is very fast paced. I also play other game types. When I first got Fallout3 I played it for around 10 hours straight not realizing it. And that's a very slow paced game. FPS & RPG are very different, but both can be fun.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Ghost Assassin

I adapt my gaming style to what's going in the game. In CoD, when people start using the OP weapons, I change my loadout to something else that gives me an edge over my opponent. It may require using the same gun, but with more skill I like to play a large variety of games. From fast paced FPS to long RPG games like Fallout 3. It might reflect my personality, but by just a bit.

No Matter What

This is off topic, but I just watched the video I seriously thought the game was MW2 on Underpass. The only way I could tell the difference was from noticing the point streak counter. I knew it was bad, but damn..

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Death is Awaiting....

I rush in my games and like action/adventure so.. my life is fast paced? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 6 - Silver

hell yeah. im a damn daredevil
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Indeed it is.

I love RPGs, so I must love learning spells, swinging swords and cutting up creatures.

I enjoy Dead Space so I must have a fetish with dismembering limbs off others.

I like Action/Adventure games so I must have an urge to shoot people, punch them, and leap from building to building.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Indeed it is.

I love RPGs, so I must love learning spells, swinging swords and cutting up creatures.

I enjoy Dead Space so I must have a fetish with dismembering limbs off others.

I like Action/Adventure games so I must have an urge to shoot people, punch them, and leap from building to building.
    Umm... I dont think it was ment to be taken so literally

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 7 - Gold

nope doesn't reflect my personality in game i like being the bad guy as it more fun but in real life i wouldn't just do bad things lol
    some example in shooter games i wouldnt recklessly run and gun in real life if i was ever to be in the army or something
    in rpgs i guess it might affect the options i pick when dialogues come up

Lvl 6 - Silver

Games most definitely reflect your personality. I hate guns and can't stand shooter games. I love playing the bad guy in games because I have to play the good girl in real life so I want to try something else for a change of pace. I love puzzle games because I love solving problems in real life using logic. I'm a curious person and love exploring the worlds of RPGs. So yeah, I'm a firm believer in your actions in games revealing your true self.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    That could possibly be true. I'm a curious type of person so when I play games I like to explore everything in a game. That's why I love games like Oblivion, GTA, Red Dead and Fallout. I like to just roam around finding new places and discovering new things.
    same here, like on games when it comes to searching for collectibles alot of people hate it but i love it cos i love to explore and try and find as many as i can without a guide.

but on the other hand i am very sadistic when it comes to games and REALLY enjoy torturing virtual characters in things like GTA, but i'm nothing like that in real life.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    but on the other hand i am very sadistic when it comes to games and REALLY enjoy torturing virtual characters in things like GTA, but i'm nothing like that in real life.
    I'm like thatin real life.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well.. In person I'm serious and I'm always that guy that you'll never think did something wrong. Although in video games, I always like playing aggressively (COD, GTA) but sometimes I do like playing silently (Assassin's Creed, MGS4)
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    I’m the same way! I love open world games! Especially Fallout and Oblivion, they make some extremely unique locations to discover. And just keep it exciting!
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I can't say that i killed over 2000 russians/americans like i did in BF3,but my personality it's like the main character in BF3.I like to fight and shooting,and i wanna go in army.I personaly love FPS games.And for all,COD is not a FPS,is a arcade game.

Awesome Sig Made By BLADIAAAAAAA!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast