View Poll Results: Which of the following Bethesda titles and DLC on PS3 would you consider to have the most bugs?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind DLC

1 4.76%
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

2 9.52%
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion DLC

2 9.52%
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

2 9.52%
  • Fallout 3 DLC

13 61.90%
  • Fallout 3

10 47.62%
  • WET

0 0%
  • Rage

1 4.76%
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

5 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Which of the following Bethesda titles and DLC on PS3 would you consider to have the most problems?

This is a discussion on Which of the following Bethesda titles and DLC on PS3 would you consider to have the most problems? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; After voting on the poll, please put these games in order of which game you think has the most problems ...

Game on....

Which of the following Bethesda titles and DLC on PS3 would you consider to have the most problems?

After voting on the poll, please put these games in order of which game you think has the most problems (frame-rate issues, lag, textures issues, broken quests etc). (1 being the worst for problems)

Here are my choices:

1) Fallout 3 DLC
    2) Fallout 3
    3) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion DLC
    4) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    5) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I haven't played any of the other Bethesda games, so i couldn't choose them. Also Fallout New Vegas would be my first choice but it is a 'Obsidian Entertainment' game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

1) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    2) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Havnt played any other game on the list

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Platinum Dohvakiin

FO3 and it's DLC hands down. By far the buggest game they ever made, well ported to the PS3. Oblivion has 1 game breaking bug. Morrowind and Skyrim have a their share. But FO3 is just atrocious.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I remember playing Morrowind on xbox, and I couldn't even kill the trolls! I kept slashing away, and out of 10 slash attacks, 2 would actually connect.

Haven't played any other game by them since, but I plan to check out Skyrim eventually.

PRO Member

Skyrim has been having crippling lag issues as my save files are at 10mb now but it is still early and hopefully a patch is on the way. I have only played one other game from the list on ps3 and that is FO3 and I had no problems that I recall.

edit: Isn't Rage an id developed game and just published by Bethesda?
    Last edited by Pepticacid; 11-21-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: add question to op

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    FO3 and it's DLC hands down. By far the buggest game they ever made, well ported to the PS3. Oblivion has 1 game breaking bug. Morrowind and Skyrim have a their share. But FO3 is just atrocious.

Completely agree.. Morrowind crashed alot.. and Skyrim seems to be a little buggy... BUT Fallout was definitely the worst of all of them for me.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Morrowind was never released on PS3.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 4 - Silver

The Fallout 3 DLC was appallingly bad. I remember the Mothership Zeta DLC glitched on me and it locked me in the control room with no escape. The Point Lookout DLC also did the same thing several times in the mansion.
    Last edited by AndroidFox; 12-04-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Death is Awaiting....

I really had no problems with FO3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Kiwi Defender

I say Fallout 3 GOTY. I didn't have many problems with Oblivion and Oblivion GOTY, but F3 GOTY.... Damn, that's another story .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Easy!

1) Fallout 3
    2) Oblivion
    3) Skyrim

Skyrim hasn't been nearly as bad as other Bethesda titles, but its still one of the worst on my shelf.

What I find so funny, to be honest, is that we forgive Bethesda for things that other developers would get eviscerated for... Imagine if IW released a CoD where enemies randomly shot through cover? Or if your squad-mates randomly flew into the air and rained down rockets?

Imagine if Valve released Portal 2 with a bug that caused Portals to randomly disappear? Or if Naughty Dog released an Uncharted where occasionally you'd lose your gun during a cutscene?

But if its a Bethesda title... Things like this 'add character.'
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Fallout 3: GOTY, once you broke the level 20 cap the game's stability just fell apart, and alot of the DLC suffered from the same problem, with Point Lookout and Operation Anchorage being the most problematic by far.

amazing game but the constant crashing just made it a pain.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

fallout new vegas would head the list but its not on your list, then would come fallout 3, i never had any problems at all with oblivion, and i havent had many issues with skyrim yet and if some crop up hopefully they will be addressed in a future patch

Huge Gaming Backlog

Oblivion and Fallout had problems. The amount of freezing that went on was ridiculous. Also frame rate. On occasions it would slow down and start to skip and then eventually freeze. Sometimes in Oblivion when you entered or exited a building and it loaded the next area it would freeze.
    Fallout was defiantly the worst for it. You could be traveling to your destination and be out in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden, frozen.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    fallout new vegas would head the list but its not on your list
    That's because Bethesda didn't make Fallout: New Vegas, Obsidian did. Bethesda just published the game.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 5 - Silver

all the hours ive put on these games...
    This is from my experience with these games which ive played , & my order.

Skyrim-130 hours played
    than Fallout 3 -save file said 75 hours thought it was more.(includes all 5 dlc's)

I was lucky on my Oblivion GOTY hardly any problems with either my first save game on 80GB ps3( i think was bout 80-100 hours)but that PS3 yellow lighted,lost the save, or on my 250GB PS3-40 hour save file there.

& Morrowind is on the list even tho its a PC or XBOX original only,but was honestly playing my Morrowind GOTY edition there on the box in prepartion for Skyrim,and its tough to form an opinion there cuz it only tells you how many blocks you have saved,not time frame,mine was at 86 blocks,but i honestly never noticed any major bugs there.(froze a few times if i changed the channel reading a quest guide for 5-10 min)The combat in Morrowind was never that good anyway,a great game tho,coming from someone who played Oblivion first.

Bad part is with how many problems these Betheda games have, i know , damn straight i'll be in a line for TES VI....oh well.
    Last edited by I_Nero_I; 11-21-2011 at 02:20 PM.