PS3 Headset Advice

This is a discussion on PS3 Headset Advice within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As title states, I'm curious about all the hype with headsets for the ps3 but some are pricey so I'm ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PS3 Headset Advice

As title states, I'm curious about all the hype with headsets for the ps3 but some are pricey so I'm seeking advice before I bite the bullet.

I'm interested in:
    What headset are you using and what is your thoughts on it?
    Which headset would you recommend based of personal experience?
    Assuming money is no issue, which set would you pick up, why?

Thanks

Digital Terror

i use a cellphone BT...never have had an issue with it...

Lvl 6 - Silver

ive had the darklite bluetooth for a while, and now i also have the official ps3 stereo headset i believe its called...the bluetooth is about 20 to 30 dollars, and the headset is around 100 (got mine for 35 though). for the price, the bluetooth serves its purpose. most of the time i hear others clearly, and others hear me, though there is static every now and then, but it tends to go away once a match starts or something (referring to cod series). what i love is the really quick recharge time it seems to have, with quite a long battery life too. the stereo headset however is definitely more comfortable, takes a little longer to charge but seems to get around the same battery life. imo, id stick to a wireless headset/bluetooth, whatever it may be.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I bought the ps3 mic, it cost around 49.99 when I buy it but I'm sure it's price is way lower, It's good and everybody will hear you clear, one of the best mic but I failed to know what was really the reason to buy it..... other than cursing in Call Of Duty
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 6 - Silver

i currently use a Sony Ericsson bluetooth headset which is ok but i got sick of the battery running out while playing online so i've ordered a Logitech Vantage wired headset, the customer reviews on amazon say its crystal clear and alot better than the official Sony headset, i'll find out when it arrives.

A plat a month!

I use a pair of Turtle Beach headphones, PX21. Awesome set. They cost about $80 if I'm not mistaken

Platinum Procrastinator

I'm using the official Sony 7.1 PS3 wireless headset but haven't tried the mic yet. However, for $99 I believe, they're really good in my opinion and I also use them at night time to watch shows on my laptop.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

I use Turtlebeach PX21's, they are really good, and they are wireless, so you never need to charge them. They sound quality is really good too, so I would take a good look at them

Sig Made by Ramon/ Avy made by Alison

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm also looking to buy one, I'm planning on getting the Turtle Beach P11s. Cheaper than PX21s, and the difference in sound quality is negligible for my purposes.

The Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I'm using the official Sony 7.1 PS3 wireless headset but haven't tried the mic yet. However, for $99 I believe, they're really good in my opinion and I also use them at night time to watch shows on my laptop.
    I'm pretty happy with mine as well, although it's next to worthless for chat since there's no feedback of your own voice, and you have to turn down the game sound quite a bit to hear other people talking.

When I want to chat, I switch to my Plantronics BT headset.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    I'm pretty happy with mine as well, although it's next to worthless for chat since there's no feedback of your own voice, and you have to turn down the game sound quite a bit to hear other people talking.
    I love mine also but like you said you have to turn down the game volume to hear the other peoples chat. But I mostly play single player games so that doesn't effect me too much.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Ghost Assassin

I use a Sony Ericsson Bluetooth earpiece. It works fine for me. I got it a while ago, because all I really needed was chat. I'm thinking about getting a PX21, but I'm not sure.

PRO Member

I know that there have been a lot of people that have requested the Turtle Beach PX21's, but they are notorious for breaking. Me and three of my friends had ours break after about 3-4 months of using them. It is not like we were abusing them at all either. I would go with the official sony wireless sterio headset. Great quality for only $100.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

I used to own, well I still do own the Turtle Beach PX21's but sadly, the left ear cup broke off of the headstrap where it pivots just after a few months of use, and now its just dangling with the cord running through it. Although it still works, its extremely uncomfortable to wear now that its broken and I have stored it somewhere in my closet xD

I've since replaced them with the Official Playstation Bluetooth 2.0 Headset (the newer one) and they have really good audio quality IMO. I'm also looking into getting another pair of gaming headsets in the future, hopefully the Astro A40's or the Tritton AX Pro's as I am reluctant to purchase another Turtle Beach product again.
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Everyone usually starts off with Turtle Beach PX21s.
    I had them, gave them to a friend that I met off PSN and now I use Tritton AX PROS.

I suggest getting the PX21s or try out the Sony issued ones.

BTW, I had the PX21s for almost 2 years. Never had a problem with them.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Huge Gaming Backlog

This is the one I'm using. Here in Australia it's around $50 to $60. It goes alright. I've had it for over a year now and had no trouble with it.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 4 - Silver

I use the Sony 2.0 bluetooth headset, got it for 49.99 from gamestop. Never had any problems or complaints, its really lightweight and people say they hear me loud and clear.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    As title states, I'm curious about all the hype with headsets for the ps3 but some are pricey so I'm seeking advice before I bite the bullet.

I'm interested in:
    What headset are you using and what is your thoughts on it?
    Which headset would you recommend based of personal experience?
    Assuming money is no issue, which set would you pick up, why?

Thanks
    PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset for PlayStation 3 | GameStop

By far the best headset I've ever owned... the thing I hate about the single ear headset is they really become uncomfortable after wearing for an hour or two... but these completely cup your ears... the thing that might bother some people is they move the sound effects to headset too, no sound from tv.. There's 2 volume switches on the headset, one for sound effects and one for chat volume. They are a little expensive, but I highly recommend them to any online gamer.. Oh, and another thing when playing FPS, you can hear people walking. literally like they are in the room, hard to knife someone when you can hear them coming!!
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18