Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

gamestop preowned return policy

This is a discussion on gamestop preowned return policy within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; so i read this article GameStop: Seven Triple-A Titles For The Price of One i was wondering if trophy whores ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

gamestop preowned return policy

so i read this article
    GameStop: Seven Triple-A Titles For The Price of One

i was wondering if trophy whores have been abusing this lol
    it like perfect way to obtain trophies aswell and play games for free since you return the game before the 7 days is up and get full refund

Huge Gaming Backlog

I know in Australia EB Games had the same thing. I'm not sure if they still do; I haven't been to a EB Games for a while. I don't know how they would make money from that. Do they sell the game you brought back as new or used?

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

DON'T BLINK

Most gamestops can (and will) put the kabosh on this if they catch on. The two I worked at always did. (there is a reason they enter your info in the system...) Plus they do have the right to refuse any return/trade in (its in their small print) and even listed on that link. The manager mentioned in the article is an idiot if he doesn't realize that.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

LOL, that is the first thing I noticed from the article -

We reserve the right to refuse any return and to require that certain items be returned directly to the manufacturer.

The manager in that store is just dumb...

Platinum Dohvakiin

I've been doing this for years at the Gamestop that's close to my house. But then again, the manager and I are good friends. And almost everytime I'm in there I end up helping somebody with a question. Because that store stays busy. There have been many times when he himself has said. That a game was so short or not really worth it. That just play it and bring it back before the 7 days are up, and he'll return it. Now granted I don't do this ALL the time. But I have done this on quite a few occasions in the last 3-4 years.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Most gamestops can (and will) put the kabosh on this if they catch on. The two I worked at always did. (there is a reason they enter your info in the system...) Plus they do have the right to refuse any return/trade in (its in their small print) and even listed on that link. The manager mentioned in the article is an idiot if he doesn't realize that.
    ^^^this^^^

they will for sure put a stop to it and refuse trades and returns if they catch on. i look for them to change their policy soon because of people abusing this

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

[><] No1 IN SCOTLAND [><]

That shits been happening for years ~ But the stores in my area arent so stupid: you could do it once, maybe twice,? but after that you would just be offered an exchange for another copy of the same game or plain & simply refused.!!
    Its not worth the hassle in my opinion.!?
    Just do as i do: Buy your "AAA games" New & use "LoveFilm" or something similar for renting the smaller titles. lol...
    PS3TROPHIES.COM MEMBER SINCE: SEPTEMBER 2009.

Toggle Spoiler

Black Queen Style

When I managed I had a few whores I inherited and I tended to be a bit lenient with them. They were honestly decent customers that did purchase new releases and accessories.
    The entire company of gamestop knows this goes on. But honestly, a small percentage of sales/customers actually take advantage of this (I suppose it would be a store by store case) as far as a company wide epidemic. It keeps the hardcore happier while filling up the store for more reserve/subscription opportunities.

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    I know in Australia EB Games had the same thing. I'm not sure if they still do; I haven't been to a EB Games for a while. I don't know how they would make money from that. Do they sell the game you brought back as new or used?
    they still do it and its legal they just dnt publicise it...and you can only do it three times...on the 3rd time you have to keep your money or the game, 7 days for new games and 14 for pre-owned.....i dnt reccomend doing it all the time at the same store tho or they will kick you out

Quote Originally Posted by ShindaUsagi View Post
    When I managed I had a few whores I inherited and I tended to be a bit lenient with them. They were honestly decent customers that did purchase new releases and accessories.
    The entire company of gamestop knows this goes on. But honestly, a small percentage of sales/customers actually take advantage of this (I suppose it would be a store by store case) as far as a company wide epidemic. It keeps the hardcore happier while filling up the store for more reserve/subscription opportunities.
    also this is true...im friends with my local EB game store and they know i do it but i dnt do it all the time and i buy the games as much as i can

Sig by Apokolypz

Trophy Huntin'

Yeah i've been doing this for years. not as bad as these guys though

Identity Overload

This always happens, they should make a clause about the game being defective for a return of money. Simple as that

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

Lvl 7 - Gold

i didnt even know eb games australia had same policy

when i seen this article i was like wtf haha
    i doubt i will even do something like this no point really as i buy games from uk and steam offers amazing deals for pc games

PRO Member

I did it just one time during a PS3T trophy comp. I refused to actually put forth any of my money for Terminator, but needed a game with easy trophy points. The torture of wasting my time on that pos was payment enough.

... and the above is the worst spambot ever

PRO Member

At my local Gamestop, I asked about that just out of curiosity. I was told that they let you return a game, no questions asked, a very small handful of times within a certain larger time frame. "It's to keep people from using this as a renting program" is what he said. Personally, I think it's cheaper to just rent the games for X amount of time and return it than to shell X amount of money for games only to return them. Well, maybe not cheaper, but up-front cost wise I guess

MY PLATINUM TROPHIES
    Assassin's Creed II | Borderlands | Godfather II | Spare Parts

Sig credit goes to "BLADIA" from Sigs & Beyond

KANSAS CITY METRO AREA GAMERS GROUP

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I can understand gamers on a budget, but I'm big into supporting the developers that make my games. I typically just buy games new.

I feel like abusing this kind of a system even hurts the used market.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I've done it before, and will probably do it again. Its nice to be able to check out a game without having to worry about spending money on some POS. It's probably the reason i've found some good titles i wouldn't have played otherwise. I never got called out on it because i'd say even if they suspected it either A) they didnt care or B) see how much money i spend and figured it's more worthwhile to keep me happy because honestly gamestop sucks to shop at.

Get bent...

I do it all the time.

Have no plans on stopping either.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have a friend that does this just as bad with psp games

Lvl 6 - Silver

i've done this once, the store manager made a "Only Trade in 3 games each week" so i couldn't. I did it when friends were over for a night and i got some sweet used games for the night.
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Bingo. And knowing a store manage, the 7 day return is in case you don't like the game or if there is problems with the game. They don't mind you bring it back for a 1-2 time return, but after that. You are abusing the system. No legal actions can be done to you, but yes it is a problem in some of the stores I've seen. I don't see them changing their policy, but you never know. These managers need to crack down and start refusing service to them like a lot already have. But the problem isn't really the managers, but the employees down the food chain. They don't know, or don't care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast