Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Best / Worst purchases of 2011

This is a discussion on Best / Worst purchases of 2011 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Yep, it's that time again folks! Throughout the year, we gamers have spend money / store credit on numerous games. ...

Plats-O'-War!!

Best / Worst purchases of 2011

Yep, it's that time again folks! Throughout the year, we gamers have spend money / store credit on numerous games. Recommended some to friends, told others to stay away from certain games, etc. So now, in your honest opinions post your Best / Worst purchase of 2011!! I will start:

Best Purchase: , that's kinda hard to say actually. It's a 4 way tie between Resistance 3, Batman Arkham City, MW3, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. All are great games to have this year!!

Worst Purchase: Goldeneye 007 reloaded and (hate to say) Child of Eden.

On Goldeneye: It's kool and all, but I guess I should've waited for a price drop . Online was kinda interesting, but I guess I chose the wrong time to buy it. Will wait for a price drop to pick it up again.

On Child of Eden: Man, as good looking as the game was (graphically speaking), the trophies are hard as hell to earn!! Might as well put that on the "almost impossible" to obtain. In that game, you have to (kinda) be on tune with the music to earn a very high score. I highly suggest trophy hunters to stay away from that one.

How about you?

Resident PHD

Best purchase is too hard to say, so I will go with most surprising purchase. I have not been a fan of Mortal Kombat for awhile but I decided to pick the new one up because all my friends kept telling me how awesome it was. I couldn't believe how great MK was and I was blown away with how much Kontent was jampacked inside.

Worst Purchase would be Tony hawk Ride and Shred that I picked up for 10 bucks at Blockbuster. yeah I know they didn't come out this year but they were very shitty games that deserve to get mentioned again. Really hoping SSX is good.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

best : hard to say played just aboot every major release and most were lack luster ... but out of what i played RAGE was probably the best ... i know it has no story but damn it was fun as hell and pretty to look at

worst: would have to be Madden 12 that game sucked

Lvl 7 - Gold

best purchase was bf3 for me
    dont have anything that i brought that i thought was bad

PRO Member

Best purchase was by far without a doubt, Skyrim. Honorable mentions include Uncharted 3, Deus Ex, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, FF XIII, RAGE and Borderlands GOTY.

Worst purchase has to be NFS: Hot Pursuit. Worst game in the series and easily the worst racer I've played in my life, and that's saying something.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

-i- love myself.

My best purchase of this year would have to be Dead Space 2 .

The worst purchase I've made would have to be Brink.. was expecting a lot more.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Best purchase was a tie between Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm.

I was reluctant to get Dead Space 2 after not really enjoying the first one but i was very pleasantly surprised by the non stop panic based horror, apart from that last bit which tried to out -Aliens Aliens.

Bulletstorm i didn't even play a demo, it just happened to be cheap and it promised old skool fun,run and gun action, it delivered, along with Crysis 2, it was the most fun i've had in an FPS campaign this year, plus the script was comedy gold (well i found it hilarious, you may differ in opinion there).

Worst purchase? hmm probably L.A. Noire, it's not a bad game but certainly a bit of a work in progress idea rather than a full fat game, that and the fact the ending was ruined for me by some sloppy bastard (also happened with Red Dead and Heavy Rain last year grrr). If i'd got it cheaper, i may have regretted it less.

Brink was a bit underwhelming but i got it for 15 new so i can't grumble much.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Dark Souls is my favorite by far. Skyrim would be next.

The worst for me would be Red Faction Armageddon. I wondered why the games shop gave it to me for free when I bought my Ps3. Now I know.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Legalize it...

Best - Uncharted 3 even though I havent got to play it yet.

Worst - Godfather 2, glad it was only $7...

Saw, Sam & Max Episode 1 and Back To The Future Episode 1 were probably the worst games Ive played all year but those were free...

PRO Member

Best: Borderlands GOTY, Batman: Arkham Asylum/City Combo and Red Dead Redemption GOTY. I only rented it, but if I would have bought it, I'd also throw in Shadows of the Damned. To top it off, my second PS3. Original 20 gig with upgraded 320 gig hard drive, only $20 (No, it wasn't previously stolen)

Worst: Alice: Madness Returns, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Prison Break. I know there's more...I just can't think of them

MY PLATINUM TROPHIES
    Assassin's Creed II | Borderlands | Godfather II | Spare Parts

Sig credit goes to "BLADIA" from Sigs & Beyond

KANSAS CITY METRO AREA GAMERS GROUP

Local Drunk

Best - Uncharted 3, it's excellent.
    Worst - Fracture, it's a horrible game with shit graphics feels like a Halo rip off.
    Last edited by Feral; 11-26-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

At this point, I have to say Batman Arkham City has taken the cake. Best game and purchase of the year. I've yet to finish or play much of AC Revelations, Skyrim or UC3 so for all intended purposes any of those three can better.

As for the worst purchase of the year, X-Men Destiny has to be it at this moment. I don't know what I was thinking, I guess I wasn't...

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Prayer Warrior

my best purchase would be madden 12 not because it's the best game i bought but because i've got the most play time out of it. i have spent so much time doing collections with mut and stuff it's crazy. i'm on it every day.

my worst purchase is by far Brink. it was nothing like i expected and i thought the whole game was garbage really

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 9 - Gold

The worst game I've bought this year has to be CSI. Truly shit game - I only bothered to finish it so I could get my money's worth.

Best game I've bought this year (and played) - Enslaved. Outstanding game that really deserves more widespread recognition. I'm really disappointed that the proposed sequel has seemingly been scrapped before it even began.

Best game I've bought this year (and not played yet) - I strongly suspect it will be Uncharted 3. 'Nuff said.

Nope, nothing

Is it bad that I can't even remember what games came out early this year?

Ermmm, Skyrim and Dark Souls are my most please with purchases

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

My first worst purchase of 2011 has to be Dead Island since it corrupted on me twice once before the first patch and again after the patch. It corrupted on me when I was on Act 3 and 73% the first time around and then corrupted on me again when I got to Act 2. Which is why I call it Corrupt Island

My second worst purchase has to be Resistance 3 although I thought the story was ok the online was just boring

These two games are my worst purchases because they make me feel dumb knowing that I could have gotten Dark Souls and Batman Arkham City with the Money I used to purchase them instead of buying them

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Considering that Doom had to wait 10 years, I say Marvel vs Capcom 3, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 are among the best purchases I've made. However I rank them lower than The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Doom be a HUGE Metal Gear fan.

Worst purchase? Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. I regret buying that god awful DLC. Probably because my main got nerfed to a shell of his former glory. El Fuerte!
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Best New Purchases:
    DEAD SPACE 2
    RESISTANCE 3
    BATMAN : Arkham City
    GOD OF WAR : Origins Collection
    inFAMOUS 2

Best Used Purchase:
    BIOSHOCK 2

And I can honestly say, I made no bad purchases this year - I've learned my lesson!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

дурак

Best purchases:
    Dead Space 2, Skyrim, Dark Souls (Just bought the CE on Amazon, if it's anything like Demons Souls it'll be amazing.)

Worst purchases:
    Bulletstorm.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Crocodile Hunter

best purchase? umm considering i have like 6 i havnt even opened yet ima say MW3 for the replay value for MP

worst purchase is tomb raider trilogy.....i fucking hate this game it is making me so maddd..the controls and camera is unresponsive and making it much harder to play then it should be....im finding it difficult to get thru for my 3

Sig by Apokolypz

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast