Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sony And Microsoft Possibly Teaming up for a Kinect TV

This is a discussion on Sony And Microsoft Possibly Teaming up for a Kinect TV within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by dr_mayus I don't know how true this rumor is but that is what is funny about Sony ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I don't know how true this rumor is but that is what is funny about Sony and MS.

I am typing on a Vaio that uses Windows, back in September I go into Futureshop and the Bravias are advertising off Gears of War.

yet Playstation and Xbox are sworn enemies
    Actually they are not sworn enemies, they just compete in business, The only reason people think they are sworn enemies is because of the fans who themselves make them enemies, and If this happens can't wait to see if my friends can call ps3 "gay" when microsoft have partnered with Sony, Let's what they got 2 say 2 DAT!

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

INTJ

I don't know how true this rumor is but that is what is funny about Sony and MS.

I am typing on a Vaio that uses Windows, back in September I go into Futureshop and the Bravias are advertising off Gears of War.

yet Playstation and Xbox are sworn enemies

Microsoft and Sony's gaming divisions are diffrent from The Hardware/Software divisions of Sony/microsoft.

diffrent relationships and stuff

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Microsoft and Sony's gaming divisions are diffrent from The Hardware/Software divisions of Sony/microsoft.

diffrent relationships and stuff
    Yeah I know that, it is just funny that they are competitors in one area and partners elsewhere.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Yeah I know that, it is just funny that they are competitors in one area and partners elsewhere.
    Well, that's what happens when your company offers many different services and products .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Well, that's what happens when your company offers many different services and products .
    I can just imagine in the break room

Sony Pictures guy "We're working on the new Halo movie"
    Sony Hardware guy "We're looking at installing Kinect into our bravias"
    Playstation guy enters "Whatcha guys talking about?"

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hony Abe View Post
    All of those games/features suck, I wish they would hurry and release SKYRIM already, that game is going to own so much.
    Wtf are u talkin' about?

PRO Member

Yes.

then you would never have to use a plastic remote ever again
    This idea has some merit. If they can figure out the kinect "box" issue, which just won't work with TVs people watch over a wide array of distances and angles, this has alot of potential.

Now they will have to solve the gesture issue as well, which is no small task, but my point is the idea of mo-co for TVs works.

Unlike gaming, with TVs you are making a small number of control decisions with large amounts of time between them and those controls don't actually interact with the media (rather they are deciding media delivery).

Its like everything that is wrong with mo-co in gaming is solved by having the static media.

Kinects Voice Recognition is probably one of the best i ever seen ever, you could just say "Change channel to comedy central" and it would change it to that. Not to mention it ignores you when you don't speak commands, even when your talking about them.
    the problem is that the kinect doesn't discriminate between voices, so you and a kid can argue over the channels by screaming commands at each other.
    As I said in the AppleTV thread... VR on TVs = bad idea.

Yeah, Siri is great, but when you break it down there are only 5 or 6 core functions. You have your standard phone (Call, Text, etc) and it googles everything else.

With TVs you have lots of different functions on any given TV and you have to interface with other people's junk (Satellite and Cable have different protocols and your interface is proprietary and different from company to company).

As someone who deals with VR on a regular basis, I can tell you this will be a little used gimmick that nobody will buy the TV for.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12