Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Rumors of a Sony Super Smash bros clone Keeps piling up

This is a discussion on Rumors of a Sony Super Smash bros clone Keeps piling up within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I welcome this. And like everyone else, I'm surprised it's taken over a decade for only speculation to come up ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

I welcome this. And like everyone else, I'm surprised it's taken over a decade for only speculation to come up about them taking on SSB.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Well there is MvC and Final Fantasy Dissidia.
    I don't really count MvC because it's not exclusive to a dev's game characters (it adds Marvel afterall), but I did forget about Dissidia .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Yes it does indeed! I would love to play as Ratchet and beat the crap out of Qwark.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    You and me both buddy
    Qwark won't be in the game because that simply wouldn't be fair. Sony would have to nerf him so much just to make it competitive with the other players.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Now the "Michael" Long Live Play ad makes sense... Well except for Ezio, FFXIII girl (Lightning was it?), Marine Soldiers, etc.

I really do hope Sony creates a game like this. Probably even cross platform Vita/PS3. Nintendo has done an awesome job and to be frank I think even Microsoft should be entitled to make a game like this.
    SSB also has characters that are not exclusive to Nintendo: Snake and Sonic, for example, so Sony (and if Microsoft ever does one) can use 3rd party characters too.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the problem is most of the sony icons either moved to a diffrent platform or arn't that interesting. the few listed in the rumors are good (except the killzone character) but the rest arn't memorable.
    I believe Sony has many more mascots than Nintendo. Remember Nintendo would generally take 3 or 4 characters from each game just to fill the roster and then still have to resort to doubles (dr. mario toon link etc) On top of that they brought characters in like ROB and Game and Watch which no one saw coming.

Sony has a huge collection of unique characters to choose from and if someone doesn't know who they are then that is great they can learn about a weird character from the past (like Okage)

Lvl 7 - Gold

MUGEN is more of a fighter to be honest. Smash Brothers while "fighting" isn't exactly looked upon as a true Fighter. And I believe the most retardedly awesome MUGEN character is Omega Tom Hanks.

He's truly a one touch of death character and WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more broken than Dark Phoenix in vanilla MvC3 and apparently Wesker in UMvC3.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can see them making a "play, create, share," game out of this.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I believe Sony has many more mascots than Nintendo. Remember Nintendo would generally take 3 or 4 characters from each game just to fill the roster and then still have to resort to doubles (dr. mario toon link etc) On top of that they brought characters in like ROB and Game and Watch which no one saw coming.

Sony has a huge collection of unique characters to choose from and if someone doesn't know who they are then that is great they can learn about a weird character from the past (like Okage)
    I agree. Hell, just look at the list of the current, known, Sony exclusive characters: Kratos, Drake, Ratchet, Cole, Sev, Hale, Sackboy and if you wish, your character in 3DDGH/DS.

Add to that any n00b no one remembers from the PS and PS2, and you've got more than enough single characters from a game to fill SSB's original roster.

Now add more dudes from other franchices (Crash, Snake, some FF) and you'll get more than enough to pass SSBB's number.

Toggle Spoiler

Resident PHD

Yes it does indeed! I would love to play as Ratchet and beat the crap out of Qwark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I agree. Hell, just look at the list of the current, known, Sony exclusive characters: Kratos, Drake, Ratchet, Cole, Sev, Hale, Sackboy and if you wish, your character in 3DDGH/DS.

Add to that any n00b no one remembers from the PS and PS2, and you've got more than enough single characters from a game to fill SSB's original roster.

Now add more dudes from other franchices (Crash, Snake, some FF) and you'll get more than enough to pass SSBB's number.
    hey as long as I can use Patapon soldiers then I am cool with it (either as characters or special items)

Lvl 4 - Silver

As long as it played similar to Smash bros. TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY SONY! ALL OF IT!

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

if it turns out to be true i think it could turn out to be a fun game

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm curious at the rating of the game. E? T? M? Cartoony action, kind of like SSB, or stylized action like Street Fighter or Tekken.

PRO Member

Microsoft doesn't really have a lot of major mascots. All I know is Master Chief, L4D guys, and Gears guys..
    What I meant was the Nintendo, Microsoft & Sony should be able to create a 1st party (some 3rd party) characters mash-up fighting type game. Microsoft could pull characters from Call of Duty (Ghost, Soap, Price) if they wanted to. Overall what I mean is that every console should have a game where all the major characters appear in.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Crocodile Hunter

it would be pretty cool to have PS3 characters square off against each other

Sig by Apokolypz

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    What I meant was the Nintendo, Microsoft & Sony should be able to create a 1st party (some 3rd party) characters mash-up fighting type game. Microsoft could pull characters from Call of Duty (Ghost, Soap, Price) if they wanted to. Overall what I mean is that every console should have a game where all the major characters appear in.
    That would be stupid. First off MS can't just take COD guys they would need Activision's approval. MS isn't going to spend the money licensing a bunch of characters just to make a fighting game that may or may not sell well.

Sony and Nintendo have a lot of their own characters to choose from so it makes sense for them to do it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

what about crash and spyro? thatd be wicked fun..

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie-4 View Post
    what about crash and spyro? thatd be wicked fun..
    They are no longer Sony exclusive, but I agree that they should be there, given how they started in the PS.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hony Abe View Post
    Yeah, you get the choice of 2 games from those 5. There is also some games for the PSP, and 100 free PS Home items if you use it.
    O.O?

Retired

So is this why we're getting remasters/sequels on some old franchises? To introduce people to their characters?

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

my daughter has this for her wii and ive played it several times with her and thought it was okay,but it would be very interesting to see what it would be like for ps3

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast