Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rumors of a Sony Super Smash bros clone Keeps piling up

This is a discussion on Rumors of a Sony Super Smash bros clone Keeps piling up within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; More evidence to throw on it Gaming Everything » Blog Archive Picture 7500 « » Sony’s Smash Bros. competitor all ...

INTJ

More evidence to throw on it

Gaming Everything » Blog Archive Picture 7500 « » Sony’s Smash Bros. competitor all but confirmed, test images revealed

Rumors have been swirling as of late that Sony will soon be unveiling a new fighting title that will see some similarities to Nintendo’s Smash Bros. franchise. In particular, it seems that characters from Sony’s various game franchises will be gathering for this upcoming project.

New content has been discovered that all but confirms this speculated title. Chris Molina, a senior level designer at SuperBot Entertainment, has posted the images above to his Twitter account and has left messages that essentially confirm its existence. One image even indicates that Kratos and Sweet Tooth will be making an appearance.

SuperBot has been the studio rumored to be working on the project.

Some of Molina’s more interesting tweets:

1.Our capture station and waiting area – Parappa is a permanent resident Photo could not be found - Twitpic

2.The character artist sitting a row ahead of mine is modeling polygonal female boobies. Carry on…

3.Our studio fighters getting their brawl on Photo could not be found - Twitpic

4.Racing to finish a level design doc for today’s review – map layout is looking spiffy if I do say so myself.

5.Slam! Second level design pitch approved by our studio leads! Now onto Sony Santa Monica for a final green light.

6.In the middle of a skype video interview with a level design candidate from Osaka, Japan.

7.New Sony Playstation commercial vaguely foreshadowing our soon to be announced title – YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

8.Checking out the original art assets from a Sony IP title we’re appropriating for my level – very cool seeing this environment in raw form.

Announcement soon, then?

Kiwi Defender

Well, it seems more possible with every announcement.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sounds great! I would probably buy it... I hope Sora from Kingdom Hearts will be in it.

INTJ

Also this wasn't the first time i heard of this brawl title.

even before the Micheal trailer. this guy was talking about it.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2011...fighting-game/

I thought it was a massive Satire site (who the hell would write about their friends in their own tab on their site? also the fact that he's taking pictures of himself cosplaying as characters and the fact that it keeps redirecting to another version of the article in the article) so i ignored it, guess it was true.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    That would be stupid. First off MS can't just take COD guys they would need Activision's approval. MS isn't going to spend the money licensing a bunch of characters just to make a fighting game that may or may not sell well.

Sony and Nintendo have a lot of their own characters to choose from so it makes sense for them to do it.
    You missed my point. I mean each of the three major gaming consoles should have their own exclusive game like SSB is and about Microsoft not wasting money on "licensing a bunch of characters" you and I both know how greedy Microsoft is. I bet for hell if they do make one they would license the shit out of characters even just for DLC.

Also read what Nagflar posted before you...

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    SSB also has characters that are not exclusive to Nintendo: Snake and Sonic, for example, so Sony (and if Microsoft ever does one) can use 3rd party characters too.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

PRO Member

I hope its true thats one of the funnest games ive ever played

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123