Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Rumors of a Sony Super Smash bros clone Keeps piling up

This is a discussion on Rumors of a Sony Super Smash bros clone Keeps piling up within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Is Sony Working On its Own Smash Bros. Game? It seems Sony could well be working on its own take ...

  1. #1
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Rumors of a Sony Super Smash bros clone Keeps piling up

    Is Sony Working On its Own Smash Bros. Game?



    It seems Sony could well be working on its own take on Smash Bros., Nintendo's beloved first-party fighting game series.

    Called (or at least code-named) Title Fight, the project, supposedly in development at SuperBot Entertainment, features a range of Sony's first-party mascosts squaring off against each other in a fighting game.

    Some of the characters to star in the game which were mentioned in the original report, on Paul Gale Network, include Nathan Drake, Twisted Metal's Sweet Tooth, Killzone's Colonel Radec, Fat Princess, Kratos, Sly Cooper and even Parappa the Rappa.

    Some further digging by NeoGAF members then turned up Twitter images from SuperBot employees, showing arcade sticks (which the company's home page also features) and even what looks like an image of Sweet Tooth's character model from the game.

    Another tweet, from SuperBot's level designer Chris Molina, also mentions that the recently-released Sony commercial "Michael", featuring a range of PlayStation characters, was "vaguely foreshadowing" his studio's "soon to be announced title".


    We're contacting Sony for further information, and will update if we hear back.



    What is SuperBot's "very amazing" PlayStation 3 exclusive? • Eurogamer.net


    Sony has declined to comment on a rumour that it is making a PlayStation 3 exclusive Smash Bros. rival.

    The console manufacturer told Eurogamer "we do not comment on rumour or speculation" when quizzed about the game, reportedly in the works at US developer SuperBot Entertainment.

    Word of the mystery brawler first emerged on The Paul Gale Network, which claimed it featured a number of Sony mascots, including Parappa the Rappa (Parappa the Rapper), Kratos (God of War), Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper), Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal), Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone) and Fat Princess (Fat Princess).

    The report also mentioned a Sandover Village stage (from Jak & Daxter), Hot Shots Golf characters in stage backgrounds, a LittleBigPlanet stage and a Buzz! trivia mini-game. A James Bond character is also mentioned.

    Current speculation points to SuperBot Entertainment, a Culver City, California-based studio confirmed to be working on a "very amazing PS3 game" for Sony Computer Entertainment America, as developer of the game.

    SuperBot's website describes the company as "an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment America" and reveals it is "currently in production of a yet-to-be announced PS3 title".

    According to a job advert, SuperBot is after a senior combat designer with "a strong familiarity with fighting games and fighting game theory".


    Another job advert asks for a lead designer with "a strong familiarity with online mode and matchmaking design as they apply to console gaming".

    On SuperBot's website are pictures of arcade fighting sticks.

    Pics of Fighter sticks on Superbot's Page:

    http://www.superbotentertainment.com/news.html


    Job Adverts:

    http://www.superbotentertainment.com/careers.html


    see, i told you the Micheal trailer would be a super secret smash bros clone refrence.

  2. #2
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Well, if it is, it took them long enough. SSB is such a huge hit, I'm surprised no one ever copied it before lol.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  3. #3
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Well, if it is, it took them long enough. SSB is such a huge hit, I'm surprised no one ever copied it before lol.
    I was expecting someone to do it sooner.

    i mean MUGEN does it, and thats a community based fighter where anyone can make fighter sprites and throw them together with retarded duos.


  4. #4
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    I was expecting someone to do it sooner.

    i mean MUGEN does it, and thats a community based fighter where anyone can make fighter sprites and throw them together with retarded duos.

    That's exactly my point. The game has been around since the N64 and has been a huge hit since then. How come no other developer came up with such an idea?

    And I d know of Mugen. Seems kind of fun.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  5. #5
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    OH GOD I HOPE SO.

    SSB was an awesome game, not played the Wii version and when the 3DS version drops I may finally be tempted to buy it.
    Wishful thinking, but I hope they add Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza and Majima Goro to the roster.

    There is one part of me that thinks this may be false though, when they mentioned the "michael" advert I sort of lost faith in the legitimacy of it all.

  6. #6
    RPG Master
    Shemhazat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    RPG Nexus
    Posts
    648
    Reputation
    35

    There are so many different Sony exclusive characters that there really isn't a deficit of people to fight with. The only problems would probably be balancing issues and whether or not to implement DLC that is just alternate outfits.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

  7. #7
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    OH GOD I HOPE SO.

    SSB was an awesome game, not played the Wii version and when the 3DS version drops I may finally be tempted to buy it.
    The wii version is 10x more chaotic then the last one.


    Also the 3DS version will be cross platform with the Wii U version.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    There are so many different Sony exclusive characters that there really isn't a deficit of people to fight with. The only problems would probably be balancing issues and whether or not to implement DLC that is just alternate outfits.

    the problem is most of the sony icons either moved to a diffrent platform or arn't that interesting. the few listed in the rumors are good (except the killzone character) but the rest arn't memorable.

  8. #8
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's exactly my point. The game has been around since the N64 and has been a huge hit since then. How come no other developer came up with such an idea?

    And I d know of Mugen. Seems kind of fun.
    There have been some games like it, Jump Super/Ultimate Stars for the DS (only released in Japan, but if you have an R4, not a problem). And I think there was a cartoon network one as well.

    I played Sonic and Sega all stars racing, and it made me feel they missed out on a franchise, they could of turned "All Stars" into a franchise and released a fighting game with all your favourite Sega characters -_-

  9. #9
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I played Sonic and Sega all stars racing, and it made me feel they missed out on a franchise, they could of turned "All Stars" into a franchise and released a fighting game with all your favourite Sega characters -_-
    All stars racing was fun.


    no idea why they have banjo and kazooie in the 360 version one though.

  10. #10
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    There have been some games like it, Jump Super/Ultimate Stars for the DS (only released in Japan, but if you have an R4, not a problem). And I think there was a cartoon network one as well.

    I played Sonic and Sega all stars racing, and it made me feel they missed out on a franchise, they could of turned "All Stars" into a franchise and released a fighting game with all your favourite Sega characters -_-
    I do know of Jump Super. It's the one with all kinds of Anime characters, right? But what I meant was a videogame with videogame characters exclusive to a dev .

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    There are so many different Sony exclusive characters that there really isn't a deficit of people to fight with. The only problems would probably be balancing issues and whether or not to implement DLC that is just alternate outfits.
    I certainly hope they don't pull off a Capcom and release outfits after outfits.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  11. #11
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    All stars racing was fun.


    no idea why they have banjo and kazooie in the 360 version one though.
    Yeah does seem a bit weird. The money they spent putting him in on one platform could of been spent convincing the guys who own Toejam and Earl too allow those characters into it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I do know of Jump Super. It's the one with all kinds of Anime characters, right? But what I meant was a videogame with videogame characters exclusive to a dev .



    I certainly hope they don't pull off a Capcom and release outfits after outfits.
    Ohh I see, my bad. I see what you mean now.

  12. #12
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    I hope for a Sony SSB game coming to my PS3 collection soon.


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  13. #13
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Sony has a very diverse collection of characters so this could be quite awesome.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  14. #14
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I do know of Jump Super. It's the one with all kinds of Anime characters, right? But what I meant was a videogame with videogame characters exclusive to a dev .
    Well there is MvC and Final Fantasy Dissidia.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  15. #15
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,299
    Reputation
    32

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Sony has a very diverse collection of characters so this could be quite awesome.
    Yes it does indeed! I would love to play as Ratchet and beat the crap out of Qwark.

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  16. #16
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Yes it does indeed! I would love to play as Ratchet and beat the crap out of Qwark.
    You and me both buddy


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  17. #17
    Up the Irons!
    APriceless's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,772
    Reputation
    43

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Sony has a very diverse collection of characters so this could be quite awesome.
    Exactly. I hope it's true because I want to fight Radec with Kratos!

    Toggle Spoiler


    "Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

    "You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

  18. #18
    PRO Member
    CurseShooter's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    322
    Reputation
    11

    Now the "Michael" Long Live Play ad makes sense... Well except for Ezio, FFXIII girl (Lightning was it?), Marine Soldiers, etc.

    I really do hope Sony creates a game like this. Probably even cross platform Vita/PS3. Nintendo has done an awesome job and to be frank I think even Microsoft should be entitled to make a game like this.


    "PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

  19. #19
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,299
    Reputation
    32

    Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Now the "Michael" Long Live Play ad makes sense... Well except for Ezio, FFXIII girl (Lightning was it?), Marine Soldiers, etc.

    I really do hope Sony creates a game like this. Probably even cross platform Vita/PS3. Nintendo has done an awesome job and to be frank I think even Microsoft should be entitled to make a game like this.
    Microsoft doesn't really have a lot of major mascots. All I know is Master Chief, L4D guys, and Gears guys..

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  20. #20
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    wcamicase's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    484
    Reputation
    9

    So awesome :3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO