Binary Domain - gameplay & Consequence System vids

This is a discussion on Binary Domain - gameplay & Consequence System vids within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; If you haven't heard of Binary Domain, it's a squad based 3rd person shooter with a story remenicent of Ghost ...

PRO Member

Binary Domain - gameplay & Consequence System vids

If you haven't heard of Binary Domain, it's a squad based 3rd person shooter with a story remenicent of Ghost in the Shell and Deus Ex.

The core feature of Binary Domain which separates it from other squad based 3rd person shooters is the Consequence System which not only effects how your squad responds to you, but also how the the game branches out.

Apart from the Consequence System, gameplay looks similar to Gears of War.

Binary Domain is due to release in February 2012.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

PRO Member

I'm pretty pumped for this game... As well as Syndicate and Dishonored.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    the Consequence System which not only effects how your squad responds to you, but also how the the game branches out.

the only game that ever nailed the morality system down is Alpha Protocol (underrated gem with a few rough edges).

"But Sega is making this game too!"

No. Obsidian entertainment made Alpha Protocol (yes, the same guys who did New Vegas, which is 100x Vastly Superior to fallout 3 in almost every way possible). Sega only published it.

if this is the only reason the game is unique i'm not buying it.

Lvl 8 - Gold

This is the first Team Ryu Ga Gotoku game so I'll deffo be getting this.

I am looking forward to it because from what I've seen it's varied which is good enough for me.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the only game that ever nailed the morality system down is Alpha Protocol (underrated gem with a few rough edges).
    Yeah, but AP's combat system was completely broken, their character progression system was beyond stupid, and the story was full of garbage characters. I find it difficult for anyone to tell me a game is an under-rated gem when I'm playing an RPG full of characters that make no sense in their own universe. Thorton is the only reason to play that game from a story stand-point, and its not interesting enough to carry the whole game.

I also wouldn't characterize it as a morality system as much as a "consequence/character" system. Granted there were some really stunning paths the internal workings could take, but the question of morality rarely came into the picture in that game. It was more of you played Thorton as the type of spy you wanted him to be.

(yes, the same guys who did New Vegas, which is 100x Vastly Superior to fallout 3 in almost every way possible).
    Absolutely! Aside from the fact that it still has all the same problems any Bethesda title does, New Vegas fixed all my major complaints I had about F3. Story was deeper and more involved, factions actually felt like they had a purpose and motivation, and they events followed a sensible path that actually went somewhere instead of being Fallout 3's expository filled story that was only slightly longer than a sneeze.

if this is the only reason the game is unique i'm not buying it.
    Considering the writers and producers behind it, I'm expecting the story to be much more centric on the characters than a typical shooter.

I'm thinking something more like a "Band of Brothers"-esque feel as opposed to a Michael Bay shin-dig. That being said I am worried this will be Japanese Gears of War, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt considering the team behind it.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

40oz to freedom

This game looks really good, reminds me of Vanquish.

Glad to see a lot of great looking TPS are on the way with Future Soldier, Binary Domain, The line and Inversion

if this is the only reason the game is unique my dads not buying it.
    Fixed.

Platinum Procrastinator

I was really excited when I watched the first video, but after watching the second one I'm not so sure now. The game looks like it will play great and kinda reminds me of Mass Effect 2 crossed with Gears of War. However, the comments each character makes makes me feel that I would get bored of them after awhile. Hopefully I won't. I'll just have to wait for it to come out and see how it does.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!