Ezio costume to be in FF13-2

This is a discussion on Ezio costume to be in FF13-2 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ezio's costume coming to Final Fantasy XIII-2 as DLC | Joystiq Not content to sequester himself to his own game ...

PRO Member

Ezio costume to be in FF13-2

Ezio's costume coming to Final Fantasy XIII-2 as DLC | Joystiq

Not content to sequester himself to his own game and Soulcalibur V's stage of history, Ezio Auditore is making an appearance in Final Fantasy XIII-2 ... or at least his outfit is.

Ezio's Assassin's Creed Revelations get-up will be offered as a DLC outfit for Noel -- Noel Kreiss. "Release details for this downloadable content will be announced at a later date," the press release notes.

If you're concerned about Ezio's Italian finery looking too incongruous in the world of FFXIII-2 ... you haven't looked at the other characters in FFXIII-2 in a while. Congruity is a limited resource in Final Fantasy.
    Yup, this is pretty odd. Simply because its Square... I understand Soulcalibur, they have done this frequently with the likes of Link, Spawn, Vader, etc. Final Fantasy though?

I guess they could pick worse costumes as DLC, I've always felt AC's costume design is some of the strongest in the industry. We shall see how this ends up turning out, hopefully these are legit items and the DLC is a pretty cheap "mega-pack." This is a farce if they pull what SF4 did.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Banned

I don't like it. Is nothing sacred? It makes the game feel cheap to me.

I like ketchup and I like chocolate cake...but I don't like them mixed together. Same thing here except I don't like A$$a$$in$ Greed.

Nope, nothing

Just seen this myself on the web not sure what I think about it to be honest.

I really don't think a Final Fantasy game needs to have a character from a different series

"oh is that Ezio's costume...this world is no longer unique :stare:"

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I certainly wont go out of my way to buy it.whats the point in downloadable costumes from one game to another.it is just a scam really.no need to spoil the game.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Plats-O'-War!!

This is like fitting a square peg into a circle pegged hole: It just doesn't work. Don't really see the reason why they would do this?

Regional Manager of War

this has to be a joke...right, I love AC and Ezio but in a FF game this just confuses me
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 11-29-2011 at 12:24 PM.

PRO Member

I don't really feel that this needs to be done...as with all DLC, it's just another way to make money.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

A plat a month!

Not sure if this is a joke...

or an attempt for SE to cash in on a popular franchise

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Not sure if this is a joke...

or an attempt for SE to cash in on a popular franchise
    Oh it's definitely no joke

Here's the get up for Noel

RPG Master

Interesting game DLC choice, i wonder if they will actually ask the player-base what costume DLC they would actually like to have incorporated into Final Fantasy XIII-2?
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Oh it's definitely no joke

Here's the get up for Noel
    seems kind of cool i guess. need to know the price point though. if costumes cost more then 50 cents then im not buying them. that and monsters/accessories.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I like the concept, why not bring a kickass outfit like ezio to a badass game FF13-2. I can dig it
    Epic sig and avy by the one and only Auburn!!
    Sweet platbar by Wadefan1!

Platinum Dohvakiin

Ok how does Ezio or his costume for that matter. Has any business in a Final Fantasy game, period. The whole thing just seems idiotic to me, and makes no sense what so ever! The more I hear about FFXIII-2, the less I want to play it. Same thing happened oddly enough with AC:R. I never thought I would see they day that SE had to resort to overtly gimmicky sh*t. To sell a Final Fantasy game.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Platinum Procrastinator

I hope they give us DLC that lets us change the enemies skins to something like the enemies from Resistance or Fallout 3 for example because that makes just as much sense as giving us Assassins Creed outfits in a Final Fantasy game. Square Enix are really starting to piss me off and it seems like every time I read something new related to them, my love for them diminishes even more.

Go back to making good Final Fantasy games instead of trying to make the quick buck by adding DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if instead of working on new games, they just release DLC packs instead...
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

wow really? whats next noel has a helghast outfit too?
    why did FF have to go into the DLC band wagon
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Weird, I didn't see people get their panties all riled up when Final Fantasy VII characters popped up LittleBigPlanet 2, and I certainly don't remember people bitching about the Altair outfit in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Ubisoft has been marketing their number one franchise in other games throughout this entire generation - this isn't new, and Square Enix has really never shied away from having their Final Fantasy characters and icons pop up in numerous titles (albeit, normally to this point, they are the ones that they publish).

Don't fault Square Enix for adding a costume that breeds a little familiarity to the consumer base. It's not a bad idea, and certainly isn't something that particularly screams "OMFG Square Enix is selling out!" - it's a freaking costume, that at most adds some extra stats and maybe an added ability or two. It's not exactly as if assassins have never appeared in the Final Fantasy universe before, this time they're just using a costume that is pre-marketed by a pre-existing franchise beforehand.

But this is the internet, and people need to find some excuse to piss and moan about just about everything.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Stop looking at me swan!

Ha, when I saw this the other day I was thinking "hey, at least now I can get rid of his horrible parachute pants." Honestly, bring in more costume DLC the original designs are terrible in my opinion.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I had no idea Ezio was THIS popular; he is practically everywhere in the games industry now, well, his costume, that is. It still feels weird seeing both Final Fantasy and Ezio in bed together; they are so different.

Well, whatever, if Noel looks cooler in this costume, then, let the fanboys buy the costume. No harm in that, even if it is DLC. At least, Square Enix will have more revenue to focus on FF Versus XIII, and that is what I am talking about! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |