Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

No more trophies

This is a discussion on No more trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I used to struggle with this question. Why do I go for trophies? Who else but me even cares? Then ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I used to struggle with this question. Why do I go for trophies? Who else but me even cares? Then I took a good look at my trophy list and realized I only have Platinum trophies for games that I really liked. Since then, I've viewed trophy hunting as something that lengthens an already enjoyable experience!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I wasn't exactly heavy with Plats before but trophies became a bit tiresome, it felt like grinding so i chose to start again, fresh account and play new games without gunning for fictional chalices.

Well, that's the plan anyway!
    Sign here ...........................................

Lvl 6 - Silver

wanna know the reason i do not have a plat yet? because i dont want it to interfere with the amount of fun im having. yea, i get the easy and medium trophies, but after that, i play multiplayer, or like mw3, i play it again because its... F-U-N. thats the reason why i spend hours ranking up online or playing co-op with friends. its what i do. i do like trophy hunting, but not to the point when it feels like a job. i mean cmon, tell me having friends over on a friday playing COD, NBA2K12, n madden aint fun, right?
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

PRO Member

Do whatever you think you keep you entertained in games just like when i said i woudnt try to get trophies and just have fun with the games i play but then realized it is fun for me to get trophies because it adds more replay value for me especially for singlplayer games

Retired

I still play my favourite games after platting, like LBP (1&2)(of course), Burnout Paradise (online is great!), Sly Collection(My fav. franchise) etc.

PRO Member

I get where you're coming from, and I think you made the right choice if you feel that way.

I always say the game comes 1st before the trophies.... but I also enjoy hunting down trophies as it extends the game for me.
    Sure, there are some games that I have played longer than I wanted to for the trophies but you could say the trophy itself is kind of fun, even if it is frustrating at times

Goodluck mate

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

well i have a problem buying games too because i cant afford them so i decided to do surveys if you want to get free games for surveys head here PrizeRebel.com i was about to buy battle Los angelos the game for $10 and because i really liked it but when i saw that it only had 11 trophies an no plat i decided to get Alien Breed (2&3) because each game had like 30 trophies i am not enjoying game at all it is a very shitty game i rate 4.0 out of 10.00 and i am busting m ass of trying to get plat it is really hard and plus i have NAT 3 so i cant play online to do the required trophies for the game to get plat i dont regret making my decision because i have a shitload of trophies no but i still do have plat and i cant do plat

Platinum Procrastinator

Part of me really wishes they got rid of Trophies and Achievements. I know I would be having more fun without them and really they're pointless. However, I know I'll always be going for 100% completion on my games even though a lot of times I'm not having fun doing so.

Recently I stopped going for platinum trophies and instead only played PSN games. Even though I was still going for the 100% instead of the plat, the games I played I really enjoyed and it never felt like a chore doing so. However, I salute you for giving up the trophy hunt and deciding to only play for fun. I still can't do this, but who knows, one day I might be joining you. Until then, I'll be chasing after those stupid trophies.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

I'm glad im not the only one I mean I've left so many games in the 90's cus they are not fun anymore i dont go too out of my way for plats no more

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What can I say?? The thrill of thetrophy hasn't worn off for me yet...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I see getting trophies as playing for fun it gets me more into games and gets me try games I would never otherwise trophies are so fun to attain so I'll never quit

Plat Card by Wadefan1 Avatar by Chambers35

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've had to cool off on my trophy addiction. For me the game comes first and the trophies are a bonus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123