Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Playstation 4- and its irrelevance

This is a discussion on The Playstation 4- and its irrelevance within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I, for one, am absolutely terrified of the release of the PS4. I've been skimming through my trophy profile and ...

Knowledge is King

The Playstation 4- and its irrelevance

I, for one, am absolutely terrified of the release of the PS4. I've been skimming through my trophy profile and realize that there are so many fantastic games to play that I haven't yet that I don't even need a new system. I kind of wish that time would freeze in videogame land for a year just so that I could play all the great games that are already available. That's not even including the HD collections, which could take me even longer to complete with the rapidity at which they are being released. Sony, just hold off on the PS4 until 2015- I need some time with my precious black box

Indie Game Developer

No one is forcing you to buy it day one. When you're done with your backlog it will still be there. Probably for cheaper too. I feel like gamers these days think they can play every game they want to. They can't. You have to make tough decisions and not get some games, otherwise you'll be backlogged for the rest of your life and become a slave to your game library, instead of making contributions to society.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

PRO Member

I'm pretty confident that we have at least 2 years before the next PS comes out. All this talk that it will be out holiday of next year is BS... Besides, you'll still be able to play your PS3 even when the PS4 comes out so there isn't a problem there.

Nope, nothing

Another PS4 thread?

Games are being announced for PS3 in 2013 so it's not that close

So maybe it will come out 2014/15?

Lvl 9 - Gold

I want a PS4 with ps2 back compatibility, if Sony do that I will burn my Ps3 in the blink of an eye.

STUPID STUPID STUPID PS3 SLIM WITH NO PS2 GAME WORKING -_-
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

even if it was to be released within the next 2-3 years or whatever,i still wouldnt go out of my way to get one straight away as it will probably cost a bomb anyway and im more than happy with the ps3 and i certainly wouldnt be thinking "ps4 will be out soon i must complete every game i own and get one immediately" sod that.i will get one when the time is right and more importantly if i can afford it as there is more to life dare i say it than playstation (please nobody shout at me for saying that )

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Think you will have time to play as many games as you like till ps4 comes out mean it like at least 3 to 4 years till i think it will be released plus the ps2 and ps3 have had backward compatibility so i sure ps4 will have....I just hope they continue with the trophies for games

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I'm pretty confident that we have at least 2 years before the next PS comes out. All this talk that it will be out holiday of next year is BS... Besides, you'll still be able to play your PS3 even when the PS4 comes out so there isn't a problem there.
    And all the games should be really cheap by then. Not only that, but they still make games for the PS2. Who says that trend won't continue next generation?

PRO Member

I have a back log as well, but I'm definitely no slave to gaming. I can also wait for some time as I waited about a year or two for the PS3 to get "most" of it's bugs worked out...I also have the MGS4 model which was fully backwards compatible so I can still play my Xenosaga and Tokyo Extreme Racer games, lol.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Seriously, what is wrong with people.

I got two things to tell you:

1) Nobody is forcing you to buy a PS4.

2) Nobody is going to take away your PS3 when the PS4 comes out.

Can we close this thread now?

Yeah, it sucks that time moves forward and its scary that things change and evolve. Welcome to something you should have come to terms with a long time ago.

I'd understand if this was something about the price or the launch library... or heck I'd even accept a debate about backwards compatibility if we knew these pieces of information.

The problem is you are doing little more than complaining about something coming out that hasn't been officially revealed or confirmed beyond "We are working on it."
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This is natural. It happens with almost all the consoles. Hell, I'm still playing SNES and PS1 games I've never touched before, and I've had each since their release.

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

PRO Member

Even though Sony release it i wont get it till late coz im really ok with the PS3 xD

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Seriously, what is wrong with people.

I got two things to tell you:

Can we close this thread now?"
    You didnīt know that Sony are sending malware to mess up your PS3 so that you will buy a PS4?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I dont think the next system should come out until there are 3D tv's or something in every house hold. Otherwise, whats the point.

The One and Only

I, for one, encourage the release of the PS4. As soon as it comes out, in another 3 years or so a slim and cheaper version of the PS4 will be released. I plan on getting that instead of the original PS4. Not only because I can't afford it, but because I know Sony will release a better version of it and I can catch up on PS3 games while I wait for it. I did the same thing with my PS2.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Regional Manager of War

No one is forcing you to abandon your PS3 when the Ps4 releases, hell I never got a console on launch and I don't intend to with the PS4 because consoles always come out with alot of problems on launch day. I usually wait 6-24 months until I decide to throw money at it. Patience is a virtue
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 11-30-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    As soon as it comes out, in another 3 years or so a slim and cheaper version of the PS4 will be released. I plan on getting that instead of the original PS4. Not only because I can't afford it, but because I know Sony will release a better version of it and I can catch up on PS3 games while I wait for it. I did the same thing with my PS2.
    I completely agree with this. I waited over 2 years before buying a PS2, and a little over 1 year before buying a PS3. I have no intention of buying a PS4 when it is launched since, as you say, Sony will simply release a better and undoubtedly cheaper model a couple of years later.

Let's say the PS4 comes out in 2014 for argument's sake - I very much doubt I'll be getting one until 2016, or whenever the slim-or-equivalent model is released. This'll give me time to keep playing through my PS3 library and completing as much as I can.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Agreed. I am sick of these threads. People must be freaking because there is so much to do, but so little time. I guess.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

I personally don't see the point of the PS4. Why introduce something new when you already have the best thing out there right now. PS3 was only developed as the "Next big thing", and it was! What more could they possibly do that they haven't already?! If/when it does come out in a few years, I still prob won't get it till later on anyways. I never got my PS3 till around the time that Call of Duty: World at War came out. I had a FAILBox360 before that. PS3 obviously stomped it. All in all, we'll just see what happens. I wouldn't worry about it

MY PLATINUM TROPHIES
    Assassin's Creed II | Borderlands | Godfather II | Spare Parts

Sig credit goes to "BLADIA" from Sigs & Beyond

KANSAS CITY METRO AREA GAMERS GROUP

Lvl 7 - Gold

i only see ps4 coming out around same time as xbox 720 as i bet sony would want to release new console around same time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast