Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

(Rumor) Dragon Age 3 To have MP.

This is a discussion on (Rumor) Dragon Age 3 To have MP. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I think it's just plain stupid. Dragon age is definitely not a game that should have multiplayer. Not saying it's ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think it's just plain stupid. Dragon age is definitely not a game that should have multiplayer. Not saying it's a bad game or anything just it's more of a single player game.

Yankees And Packers <3

i still need to play the first 2

Lvl 7 - Gold

Meh, I think if done correctly it could be decent. The slaves might not like Dragon Age but Doom does. There's no law besides Doom's.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

(Rumor) Dragon Age 3 To have MP.

Guys, I just don't know what to say anymore. It is what it is & this will never end. I have no internet. I don't play online games but all my favorite games that are meant to be single player get effected by this let's try online thing when it's clear from the start that it's not meant to be..

Dead Space II.
    Uncharted 2 & 3.
    Metal Gear Solid.
    Mass Effect 3.

& the list goes on..
    Granted though, this game might be possible. Wouldn't it just be like WOW?

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The Temple of the King

Ugh, gotta hand it to them. They promised to make DA 2 better... but it really wasn't. Now they adding MP to DA3? Nah, I think I'm gonna pass than.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post

Guys, I just don't know what to say anymore. It is what it is & this will never end. I have no internet. I don't play online games but all my favorite games that are meant to be single player get effected by this let's try online thing when it's clear from the start that it's not meant to be..

Dead Space II.
    Uncharted 2 & 3.
    Metal Gear Solid.
    Mass Effect 3.

& the list goes on..
    Granted though, this game might be possible. Wouldn't it just be like WOW?
    Actually, MGS never suffered from the online. MGS3, MGS4 and PW are still quality titles. Hell, PW's is even more entertaining than the other two, and the co-op is great.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Aw, damn it. Now there are pain in the ass online trophies (I'm a solo gamer or prefer local co-op for the most part), and I have to make sure I pick it up new because of EA's online pass.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

Could people please stop bitching about both MP games and Online Passes?

I'm not going to talk about Online Passes but I will about MP in originally SP games... So first off what the hell is so bad about it? I see MP as an added feature not the actual game except for some titles which are exclusively online only. Now as a added feature I really don't know why you guys are complaining, I mean heck you're still going to play that awesome campaign and you're going to enjoy it. It's up to you whether or not you play the MP after you beat the game. I personally see it as adding replay value to your game I mean after you beat the DAO story like 5 times what else do you do? beat it again? Same thing with Dead Space you beat it once or twice then what?

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

PRO Member

I hope this game doesnt join the list of singleplayer games that were destroyed by multiplayer

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Could people please stop bitching about both MP games and Online Passes?

I'm not going to talk about Online Passes but I will about MP in originally SP games... So first off what the hell is so bad about it? I see MP as an added feature not the actual game except for some titles which are exclusively online only. Now as a added feature I really don't know why you guys are complaining, I mean heck you're still going to play that awesome campaign and you're going to enjoy it. It's up to you whether or not you play the MP after you beat the game. I personally see it as adding replay value to your game I mean after you beat the DAO story like 5 times what else do you do? beat it again? Same thing with Dead Space you beat it once or twice then what?
    I have beaten Dead Space 6 times, 3 on 360 and 3 on my old PSN account, hell I am going to beat it three more times on this account to add it to 9 total times. Anyways what people are complaining about is not the MP but some games that add MP they take away from the SP content. Now this isn't for every game but some suffer from this games like

Here are a few examples

Dead Space 2
    Bioshock 2
    Saints Row 2
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    MOH

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Seriously, at this point if you're going to be shocked or complain about multi player being added to games, you need a wake-up call - it's not going to stop anytime soon, and is only going to become more prevalent as gaming goes on.

EA stated a long time ago that their intention was to have every retail release from a certain point forward to include multi player, and this is it coming to fruition.

If you don't like it, I got a really easy answer for everybody that works much better than complaining on a forum - don't buy it. Only way that publishers are going to listen to consumers not wanting these elements added at this point is if enough people stop buying the games that include unwanted features.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

WHOA, How about we all calm down here...

Can't we wait to see if the MP is any good?

I'm sorry to break it to people, but just because a game is classically a SP game doesn't mean the MP is gonna suck. Uncharted is a good example of this. UC2 and 3 both still hand an awesome SP campaign, and the MP we fucking awesome in both games.

I also have to say that, personally, I can think of a dozen and a half really good ideas for Dragon Age multiplayer... Two of which are mentioned in this article: Arena based combat and PvE dungeons.

- Arena-based combat, you go to a place in the world and "enroll" in PvP. You get matched and try to best your opponent. They can even have unique rewards for it.

This may actually end up being a good thing because it will force them to balance the classes.

- PvE dungeons. Same idea as above, you go somewhere and "enroll" in a dungeon (I'm thinking something like what LBP does), if people are playing that dungeon and have their flags up, you join their run.

Difficulty could increase with the number of parties in the dungeon.

If the dungeons were done similar to how Phantasy Star Online handled their dungeons, this could be absolutely fucking brilliant. You could do everything you want offline, but by doing the dungeons in groups you increase your chances of getting special items.

BOTH of these ideas, if executed well, could completely redeem the Dragon Age series after the complete and utter snooze-fest that was DA2. I'm not saying this is how they will do it, but giving you examples of how they could turn into something cool.

Personally if they did the PvE like I said up there (like PSO, but with a legit story and SP campaign), I'd be all over that shit. And you know what? It'd make the game better.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12