Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

South Park RPG in 2012

This is a discussion on South Park RPG in 2012 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Curse I don't know, I loved the simpsons game on PS2 (From around 2004 I think, before ...

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    I don't know, I loved the simpsons game on PS2 (From around 2004 I think, before the movie anyway) where you were pretty much free to roam. It was called hit'n'run if I remember correctly and it was a right laugh at the time!
    There was also a similar game like that released for the PS3 back in 2008, it was called.. erm, The Simpsons Game.

Anyway this looks very interesting, just hope that it will be as good as the show.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I am pretty excited for this one!

PLATINUMS: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Batman: AA, Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty: WaW, Call Of Duty: MW2, Darksiders, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Enslaved: OotW, Final Fantasy XIII, God Of War I & II, Madden 10,11 & 12, Resistance 2, Shaun White Snowboarding, Sly 1, Sonic's Genesis Collection, Uncharted 1&2, Walking Dead

Click-Click-Kaboom

I just ain't to sure about a South Park RPG.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Now this is Podracing

Matt and Trey doing the voices is insane. I hope this turns out to be good

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATHF89 View Post
    Oh Gauss, you so crazy.

This is very interesting.
    Well most of the time games like this are given to garbage companies who are more concerned with the timely release of the game rather than its quality.

This is an RPG (awesome), given to a competent company, Obsidian (awesome), and isn't being tied into any specific release so they aren't under any pressure other than their agreed upon release schedule (AWESOME!).

I'm not saying this game will be great, but the cards aren't stacked against it. This game has the same chance at being awesome as any other major release of next year.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    There was also a similar game like that released for the PS3 back in 2008, it was called.. erm, The Simpsons Game.

Anyway this looks very interesting, just hope that it will be as good as the show.
    Which looked shit compared. Hit 'n' run was like GTA but.. yellow..

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    I don't know, I loved the simpsons game on PS2 (From around 2004 I think, before the movie anyway) where you were pretty much free to roam. It was called hit'n'run if I remember correctly and it was a right laugh at the time!
    I enjoyed that game too! I hope this will be a good game. I'm not a big fan of RPGs, but if the game is fun, I'll definitely buy this game.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

Simpson's game was fun, i'll approach this game with optimism. I love South Park, hopefully they don't sell this as a 60 dollar release though, no way in hell i'm paying that. On a side note, I want the Platinum name to be "Respect My Authoritah", because that would be awesome.

The only sane person here

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Everyone who hates this is a terrible person

this is obsidian entertainment (one of the best rpg companies out there, Made New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, and is made up from ex-employees of the introversion team who made fallout 1 and 2 and more.) making a RPG with the Creators of South park doing all the South park writing/voice acting/other south park shit they do.

it's the perfect mix.
    Did you mention they're latest games came out buggy and glitchy as hell?

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

Awesome!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    The Nintendo 64 South Park game was awesome. Based on that alone, I look forward to a new one.
    this^^. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Everyone who hates this is a terrible person

this is obsidian entertainment (one of the best rpg companies out there, Made New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, and is made up from ex-employees of the introversion team who made fallout 1 and 2 and more.) making a RPG with the Creators of South park doing all the South park writing/voice acting/other south park shit they do.
    zzzz.... Obsidian has made a few good RPG games, but NV and AP? Those aren't RPG's.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Seriously you guys........ guys....... I'm, I'm seriously you guys......... this is gonna kick ass.

I just wish they had it for SEGA DREEEEEAMCAAAAAST

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123