Question Regarding Online Passes

This is a discussion on Question Regarding Online Passes within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So let's say I buy a game that requires an Online pass to play the MP. Let's say I trade ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Question Regarding Online Passes

So let's say I buy a game that requires an Online pass to play the MP. Let's say I trade in the game and keep the online pass but don't activate it. Now, let's say I decide to buy the same game again but used. Will the Online Pass I kept work or not? Thanks.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The online pass will work since it is tied to your psn account and not a specific disc that you use.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Oh ok thanks. So even If I redeem it and then later get the game again it will still work right?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yes, because it is associated with your psn account.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yes, the online pass is not bound to any specific disc. If you got the pass for the game it works with every copy of the same game.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Click-Click-Kaboom

What they said and the online pass is bs.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 9 - Gold

mm, alot of hassle for what? keeping used games sales down? ****** move is ******.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It really depends on the game.

Honestly, I think the best argument is that your server usage is included in the retail price of the game. Sure, other people could buy that game used, but then what about th epeople that keep the disc and consistently play these games online? They are using just as many resources.

Also, server maintenance is only getting cheaper what with bandwidth becoming less costly and actual hard disk space being nearly free at that scale.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    mm, alot of hassle for what? keeping used games sales down? ****** move is ******.
    The used gaming market, in reality, is the single most damaging thing to the developer's bottom line.

I always find it funny when people talk about new IPs and such on this site, meanwhile topics like this crop up and everybody starts talking about used games.

Everybody wants their cake and to eat it too.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.