Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Which RPG's should I get?

This is a discussion on Which RPG's should I get? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by YumeOMiru So fixed the list for you, but one huge question WhereTF is DISGAEA 4? Currently on ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    So fixed the list for you, but one huge question WhereTF is DISGAEA 4?
    Currently on my PS3 with 127 hours on my save file
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I've heard bad things about Cross Edge.
    Its a lil childish, but other than that it is damn good. Worth a play for any RPG fan.

If your into trophies, I'd say get Both White Knight Chronicles games. If not, just get WKC2 because it includes a revised version of WKC1(2 games in 1). Other than that, I'd suggest Sacred 2. But to to your list...

Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
    Trinity Universe
    Cross Edge
    Record of Agarest War/Record of Agarest War Zero
    Atelier Rorona/Atelier Totori

Those all seem good for a starter lol. The others on the list aren't exactly RPG's. But other than that, there are quite a few RPG's on PSN store. Like Dungeon Defenders, Dungeon Alliance, Costume Quest, Penny Arcades, and a few others. That was just off the top of my head...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Its a lil childish, but other than that it is damn good. Worth a play for any RPG fan.

If your into trophies, I'd say get Both White Knight Chronicles games. If not, just get WKC2 because it includes a revised version of WKC1(2 games in 1). Other than that, I'd suggest Sacred 2. But to to your list...

Trinity Universe
    Cross Edge

Those all seem good for a starter lol. The others on the list aren't exactly RPG's. But other than that, there are quite a few RPG's on PSN store. Like Dungeon Defenders, Dungeon Alliance, Costume Quest, Penny Arcades, and a few others. That was just off the top of my head...
    Ah right, I don't think it was even released here in England, at least i've never once seen it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    Trinity Universe
    Cross Edge
    Yakuza 4
    Fallout 3/ Fallout: New Vegas
    Dead Island
    Catherine
    Catherine isn't an RPG, but that's been mentioned. Well worth a play, however.

Trinity Universe and Cross Edge aren't bad.... but you have to be willing to put up with all the cross-over craziness, including the necessary (and massive) suspension of disbelief for how/why all these characters from one million and three separate games manage to come together. One problem with Cross Edge is that you need a detailed guide to hit the "true ending", because there are way too many silly requirements in certain boss battles (hurt this guy, don't hurt that guy, win in 'X' number of turns) and a number of time-specific events you have to hit and will never figure out on your own.

Record of Agarest War isn't bad, although it also has a list of requirements for the True Ending that you'll likely need a guide for. Beyond that, it's a pretty good RPG. I can't speak knowledgeably about Agarest Zero, because it's still sitting in my pile of unplayed games.

I've also played Ar Tonelico 3 and Atelier Rorona off your list, but I won't recommend them quite as strongly as any of the others.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I know Catherine isn't an RPG people, that's why I said (mostly) RPGs, that's just a list of games I'm currently thinking of getting, and I'm also asking for more RPGs since I'm on the mood to play them.
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 7 - Gold

You can't go wrong with some Wester RPG's. Fallout 3 and New Vegas are both good games that you'll enjoy and if you enjoy the Fallout games you should check out Fallout 1 and 2 on the PC. Baldur's Gate is another great WRPG found on the PC and one of the best experiences Doom has ever had in a game.

Dead Island while enjoyable might get on your nerves, of that never happened with me.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Try Resonance of Fate for a different kind of RPG?

PRO Member

I would recommend getting a fallout game because it is hours of fun with a lot of replay value

Lvl 6 - Silver

Valkyria Chronicles is a decent RPG with some nice cel shaded graphics, its an older one though so it doesn't have trophies.

i would definitely get both the Fallout games, i couldn't put Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition down its so damn good, you can just lose yourself in the game for hours and hours. as for the bugs they're not that bad and they only happen on the DLC or once you break the level 20 cap, up until then the game runs fine. the glitchiest DLC packs are Point Lookout and Operation Anchorage, just be sure and manually save often so once your PS3 crashes you won't have to go back far.

PRO Member

Yakuza 4 is all i have played out of them so i'd say yakua 4
    however Valkyria chronicles is one of my fav rpgs of all time and is my fav on ps3 i was so annoyed when it moved too psp.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'd go with Catherine but if you don't like puzzle games then it's fallout series

Lvl 6 - Silver

Valkyria Chronicles is an excellent RPG, as a few have said.

Eternal Sonata is also a very good RPG, although it doesn't have any trophies either.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Didn't know Dead Island was a RPG. Looks like a ordinary hack and slash to me. But the again, I have only played it for 4 months now or so...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Oh, forgot to recommend Dead Island too It's a pretty good RPG that any fan of the genre should own.

Ice Cream Firefighter

I would say Yakuza 4 im still with the first character & I love how he just smashes he idiots with his impressive footwork & large array of items that are lying on the streets & if your after a perv the table tennis powers you up by staring at bouncing boobs

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 9 - Gold

From your list, I'd say Ar Tonelico Qoga, and from other suggestions, I second Eternal Sonata and Sacred 2.
    As for my recommendations: Hyperdimension Neptunia and Dungeon Siege 3.

And just as a warning, the Atelier games are just a series of time-restricted quests. I may be the only person alive with this problem, but as soon as I got a clock ticking down days on me while I'm out exploring and killing things in Rorona, my OCD kicked in and I put the game down, never to touch it again. I eventually got rid of it, as just thinking about playing it did bad things to my brain. The worst possible thing you can do in an RPG, imho, is restrict gamers from exploring, and hand them a nice little Game Over screen when they ignore the main quest for too long (and a trophy the first time they do it). Not cool...

Lvl 4 - Silver

I would highly suggest Fallout 3, nothing replaces its place in my heart. A must buy.

This piece of awesomeness above and all of my avys. were created by the almighty Wadefan1, the king of signatures.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

dead island no Doubt

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    Ok so it's almost Christmas, I'm gonna get some money and I want to get a couple of RPGs to play, problem is that there are so many of them that I don't know which ones to get

Here's a list of RPGs (mostly) I want to buy but don't know which ones to get first

Trinity Universe
    Cross Edge
    Yakuza 4
    Fallout 3/ Fallout: New Vegas
    Dead Island
    Catherine

If you could also recommend some other RPGs that'd be awesome

EDIT: Forgot to add Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dead Island and Catherine

I've already played Resonance of Fate, on my way to the , also got the for Demon's Souls and I'm 1 trophy away from getting the for Dark Souls, Didn't like White Knight Chronicles, Done with Dragon Age: Origins and Yakuza 3, playing Skyrim atm.
    I should also point out along side my previous post, my thoughts on Dead Island can be found here;
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/de...ne-thinks.html

I'd personally suggest staying away from Dead Island, but each to their own an all that.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Fallout 3 GOTY mate it's cheap now and awesome plat to get it was my first plat many moons ago, just don't new vegas nowhere near as good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast