Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Which RPG's should I get?

This is a discussion on Which RPG's should I get? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Surprised no one mentioned Demon's Souls? Its honestly a great game. Story wise... not so much, but the game is ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Surprised no one mentioned Demon's Souls? Its honestly a great game. Story wise... not so much, but the game is entirely focused on its intensive combat. Yes its difficult, yes you will get your ass handed, but the excitement outweighs the struggle. It takes some time getting used to it, so i would suggest using the wiki... a lot. For $20, its definitely a bang for your buck.

Also try Valkyria Chronicles. Awesome SRPG, great graphics. Haven't finished it yet but I plan to.

Both games for around $20 each, can't go wrong.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I know it's not on your list, but, if you did happen to play the Fallout games and enjoyed them, maybe try Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim - going to put a ton of hours into, it's brand new (so there are trophies) and the game is just massively fun. SOOOo much crap to do in it's ridic. That's my two sense. I've only played the 2 fallout games, so that's as far as my knowledge goes regarding your list.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Great games.

Lvl 7 - Gold

mass effect 2 shooter plus rpg
    get fallout 3 with all dlc included but not new vegas until ultimate edition is out as all dlc will be included in game will released on feb 7th

get dragon age 2 if you enjoyed origins they might make a version with all dlc included so i guess you can wait on that aswell

Vive La Révelation!

RAGE enough said! it's so awesome just give it a chance!
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_R3V3LAT1ON_xX View Post
    RAGE enough said! it's so awesome just give it a chance!
    rage isnt a RPG though...

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    Wait…rage isn’t an rpg yet fallout is?
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Crocodile Hunter

its a FPS apparently

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    Theres quite a few games people consider an RPG when they really are not. Which is why I find it kinda ironic that people love games like ME2, Borderlands, FO3, DA, when they are the worst adaptation to an RPG as you can possibly get with rarely any RPG elements involved... Yet true RPG's they despise or dislike. It's funny how that works. Just because you can level up, doesn't mean it's an RPG people.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Theres quite a few games people consider an RPG when they really are not. Which is why I find it kinda ironic that people love games like ME2, Borderlands, FO3, DA, when they are the worst adaptation to an RPG as you can possibly get with rarely any RPG elements involved... Yet true RPG's they despise or dislike. It's funny how that works. Just because you can level up, doesn't mean it's an RPG people.
    So what's Fallout & what's a true RPG then?

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by stevencrowson View Post
    So what's Fallout & what's a true RPG then?
    FO3? Mostly a 3rdPS/FPS with the ability to level up and add perks. A True RPG would be any game that has most or all of the requirements to be considered an RPG. Like turn based, damage considered by your stats(str/dex) and the roll of a dice for probability of lowest amount of damage to highest with a chance to miss, customizing and enchanting equipment, etc. Character creation is nice, but it's not needed. Just a bonus for people that want to feel more attached to their avatar. Besides some of the older FF games, the only games I'd consider a real RPG now a days, would be most of the "JRPG" related games. But besides Lineage The Bloodpledge which was a MMORPG that shut down in the US. White Knight Chronicles is the closest thing to a pen and paper/roll of dice RPG you can possibly get to now a days.

There is a huge difference between a hack and slash, action adventure, 3rd/FPS, and a RPG. Which is why DCUO is NOT an RPG but a action or hack and slash game. Now there are some great hack and slash games that implement the standards in very well, like Sacred 2. It just depends on the game, and the gameplay. I don't consider Demon's Souls an RPG. Specially since you control every aspect of the game.

But this is all old news, we've had many discussions prior to the site crashing and being rebooted that explained a lot of things.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123