Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Single most difficult trophy you've earned

This is a discussion on Single most difficult trophy you've earned within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; For me it was The Golden Child (Catherine). Man this trophy was extremely hard. basically you have to do a ...

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Single most difficult trophy you've earned

For me it was The Golden Child (Catherine). Man this trophy was extremely hard. basically you have to do a perfect run up the block tower while getting all the enigma coins and maintaining your step count bonus. screw up even once and you have to do the entire run all over again. the boss's were painful also. this game caused me alot of :rage:

P.S. don't post platinum trophies. the plat comes after you get all the other trophies.
    Last edited by El Jefe; 12-02-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

An old-fashioned cowboy

Conqueror in Brutal Legend
    For more than half a year I've been trying to boost this trophy. Every time I found a boosting partner the game would let us connect for the first few games but then after that the game would stop letting us find each other. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I was finally able to get it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Congratulations on that! Catherine is one of the few games I've yet to plat (out of sheer intimidation), although I have finished the main story.

For me, the first one that comes to mind Meticulous Collector (Shadow of the Colossus). Anyone who attempts this will know what I'm talking about. For those who don't know, the PS3 version is notoriously "slippery" (Wander will lose his grip and flail about at the slightest movement of certain colossi) making the third time attack next to impossible by normal methods. Instead, you have to use methods not intended by the developers, and being such, it requires a LOT of luck, and I mean it.

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Huge Gaming Backlog

Medal of Honor. Fire Controller.

This was one of the toughest trophies that I can remember at the moment. The amount of times I would just about to get it and something would happen. Like get disconnected because to many people left the game or the round would finish with only needing one more kill.
    I ended up having to boost it to keep my sanity. Got it in the end.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

PRO Member

Have many to pick but ill go 4 The KOF XII The Silver Rank SSS, to reach it u must play a total of 1400 matches online even with boosting is very tedious and tired to get it took me 2 years to complete it so yeah this will win for the amount of time taken

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I would have to say beating Uncharted Drake's Fortune on Crushing mode. It wasn't overly hard it's just that the trophy glitched 8 times and then my friend borrowed the game and got the plat in one night and on my ninth go through on crushing I finally got the gold and then the plat.
    Last edited by MAXTHUNDER; 12-07-2011 at 04:22 PM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vorfied View Post
    Congratulations on that! Catherine is one of the few games I've yet to plat (out of sheer intimidation), although I have finished the main story.

For me, the first one that comes to mind Meticulous Collector (Shadow of the Colossus). Anyone who attempts this will know what I'm talking about. For those who don't know, the PS3 version is notoriously "slippery" (Wander will lose his grip and flail about at the slightest movement of certain colossi) making the third time attack next to impossible by normal methods. Instead, you have to use methods not intended by the developers, and being such, it requires a LOT of luck, and I mean it.
    This....lol..I will have it soon enough, but for me, probably:
    Gozer's Most Wanted

Can't really think of any other extremely difficult ones that made me ragequit.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 7 - Gold

So far, of what I've played I'd probably go with:

Tactical Challenger in Vanquish
    At times I would play this game for only a half an hour because of the frustration challenge 6 would cause. Just when I thought I'd finally get it I'd get stuck behind cover for too long, or watch as my cover gets blown into pieces right in front of me, resulting in my death. After a little more than two weeks and with a pretty solid run I finally got this trophy. I think it was my first attempt that day which was awesome.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by njdog102 View Post
    So far, of what I've played I'd probably go with:

Tactical Challenger in Vanquish
    At times I would play this game for only a half an hour because of the frustration challenge 6 would cause. Just when I thought I'd finally get it I'd get stuck behind cover for too long, or watch as my cover gets blown into pieces right in front of me, resulting in my death. After a little more than two weeks and with a pretty solid run I finally got this trophy. I think it was my first attempt that day which was awesome.
    Same for me. That trophy cuased so many fucking headaches.

Resident PHD

Successful Matador in Tony Hawk Ride

You can't fail on any of the Barcelona Challenge sessions, which wouldn't be so hard but the Ride board is completely unresponsive (practically broke my neck going for this one).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Ice Cream Firefighter

Hardboiled - Sonic Unleashed

You have to complete a speed run on this stage in 45min but that wasnt the hard part I done it in 13-14min it was the fact that the stage was so long without checkpoints (they dont work on speed runs) you had to keep swapping between speed sonic & werewolf sonic. S sonic started off in a normal way than a change over to WW sonic also normal S sonic a damn rollercoaster ride where you had almost no control over where it went WW sonic tiptoeing over pipes with lava underneath S sonic going though a section that needed precise movement WW sonic a boss battle than a double boss battle that about sums it up I went though 2 controls 1 while trying to pass it the other was when I finished I threw the control on the ground I needed to replace my controls anyway as they were old but I didnt want to break them

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

Anatomy Lesson - Blitz: The League II
    You have caused every possible injury at least once

There is no in game checklist and a lot of the injuries are completely random. This trophy is the one that causes most people to give up on the plat for this game. Only 12 people on the site have it.

O_o

I've never gotten super overly frustrated at a game, ever, until I came across this horseshit.

The next level was a breeze compared to this.

The grenade spam was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the top, cover was damn near useless, and and your guys were equally irrelevant.

Pure punishment from start to finish.

Stop looking at me swan!

Gold Standard in Gran Turismo 5

This trophy took me weeks and weeks of pain as I would try to dwindle my times down to golds. Most of the gold were easy but there were 3 really hard ones namely the Vettel challenges. I spend weeks on each one practicing over and over to eventually beat the record. I even invested in a driving wheel just to make it easier for me to complete them, but even then you really need a lot of skill to get them. Hands down the hardest trophy in all of the games I've played and it will probably stay that way.

The One and Only

Transcendence ~ WipEout HD

Holy shit that trophy was hard

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Royal Flush X2

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2-All missons successfully completed

Not much I can add to what's been said about this trophy that prevents many from the NGS2 platinum.

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I would have to say beating Uncharted Drake's Fortune on Crushing mode. It wasn't overly hard it's just that the trophy glitched 8 times and then my friend borrowed the game and got the plat in one night and on my ninth go through on crushing I finally got the gold and then the plat.
    I had this problem while getting the plat, I was so sick of Uncharted: drakes fortune when I was done
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

For England, James?
    This trophy took me 3 years of playing for maybe a half hour a couple days a week. I just hated the MP so much that I couldn't bear play it any longer. I borrowed it from a friend and he kept badgering me about giving it back and I told him I wouldn't until I got the Plat. Which I finally did thank god.
    Thanks to In2 for the sweet sig and avatar!
    Feel free to send me a friends request on here or on PSN. Blank requests will NOT be accepted.

PRO Member

I had trouble on killzone 2 elite difficulty. It wasnt even the whole game that was hard, it was just the train level and the radec fight

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I think it's easily the Mega Man 9 and 10 one where you have to beat the game without taking damage.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast