Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bought 2 new games today

This is a discussion on Bought 2 new games today within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The dude at Gamestop described Dead Island to me as "Basically Borderlands with just more melee weapons..." I personally want ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

The dude at Gamestop described Dead Island to me as "Basically Borderlands with just more melee weapons..." I personally want to get it because i've heard only good things about the gameplay (outside of this thread anyways....yikes!) And...to be honest....I have the Hunted plat.....and i actually really enjoyed it. For the price (You can pick it up for around $15 at gamestop) I played the co-op online with my brother through the entire game and it made it that much more fun. It's not an allstar....but I didn't think it was crap. The one thing that did annoy me about it is, we had bought brand new Triton headsets for the online and Hunted does NOT support voice chat. That is the only complaint I had about it.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

PRO Member

I enjoyed Dead Island...from the little bit that I've played of it. I'm not even past act one. Yes, the game glitches a lot from what I hear, but I've never experienced it myself. Only problem (and this was before all the patches) is getting online with friends. Took us about 30 min of trying to get in the same room. Outside of that, I've had fun with it. I just don't have time to play it really.

As far as Hunted, I never played it. I've heard bad things tho. Bottom line, just rent games somewhere. I've come to that point to where I myself am tired of purchasing games, hoping they're gold and finding out that 10% is gold, 50% is decent and the other 40% is pure crap. Hope that helped out at least a little bit!

MY PLATINUM TROPHIES
    Assassin's Creed II | Borderlands | Godfather II | Spare Parts

Sig credit goes to "BLADIA" from Sigs & Beyond

KANSAS CITY METRO AREA GAMERS GROUP

Lvl 9 - Gold

Oh boy, bet those game stop employee are getting salary boost for getting rid of those.

Played them, not for my taste , maybe yours. Corrupt save file, not working multiplayer (dead island).

They got bad reviews if you want pro opinions.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 9 - Gold

i didnt really like dead island couldnt get into it i ended up selling it. you should sell them right away on ebay gamestop is a ripoff you get 20$ for dead island now

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by SuperZino View Post
    But why would you buy even more games if you have so many unplayed ones? If you start playing your unplayed games, you have money for newer and better games. Just saying...
    I make more than I spend so there is no need for me to save

I also bought FFXIII-2 today as well guy behind the counter wanted me to preorder GTA5 as well but I told him I had enough toilet paper unless its something completely different from the others I wont be buying it he didnt have a response for that

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at you for buying games based off it's boxart.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at you for buying games based off it's boxart.
    you can laugh thats all good but I never would have some of the great games I own if I didnt do it like that

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I make more than I spend so there is no need for me to save
    Wow, whatever you do, you do it well!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

havent played hunted but dead island is an enjoyable lengthy adventure, basically a melee version of borderlands, it does have its problems but once you get used to the battle system it is really fun

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I know that I should know what a game is about before I buy but im the type of person that if I like the case I will buy it so can anyone tell me what Dead Island & Hunted The Demon's Forge are about & if they are any good please
    REALLY you should investigate the game you want to buy before hand. If I were you I will return them at once there are ton of good games for a good price.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dead Island is worth playing. Got the DLC, but haven't tried it yet, but that can only make the game better. I mean, killing hoards of zombie coming at ya fast paced is epicly fun.....when you're in a bad mood anyway^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12