Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bought 2 new games today

This is a discussion on Bought 2 new games today within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I know that I should know what a game is about before I buy but im the type of person ...

Ice Cream Firefighter

Bought 2 new games today

I know that I should know what a game is about before I buy but im the type of person that if I like the case I will buy it so can anyone tell me what Dead Island & Hunted The Demon's Forge are about & if they are any good please

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Banned

Dead Island is a glitchfest fail of a game and hunted is a terrible half assed linear RPG.
    Sorry for your loss.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i dont have these games but maybe you can watch trailers and reviews about them if you want to know or if that was me i would just play myself to find out rather then waiting on someone elses opinion

Prayer Warrior

all i can say is you wasted your money big time. neither game is a win as they both fail very hard. sorry bro

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Nope, nothing

I thought Dead Island was a really fun game and not a "glitchfest fail of a game"
    Basically your on an island covered in zombies and you go around helping people out and adventuring further into the Island, it also has great co-op. I liked it enough to get the platinum anyway

Hunted: The Demon's Forge isn't that good imo, pretty boring to be honest. You can switch between a male up-close and personal kinda guy or a female who is better at a distance. I don't think I even completed it

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I thought Dead Island was a really fun game and not a "glitchfest fail of a game"
    Basically your on an island covered in zombies and you go around helping people out and adventuring further into the Island, it also has great co-op. I liked it enough to get the platinum anyway

Hunted: The Demon's Forge isn't that good imo, pretty boring to be honest. You can switch between a male up-close and personal kinda guy or a female who is better at a distance. I don't think I even completed it
    Thanx Chambers at least you answered with a decent response what else could I expect of Mr October lmao dead island sounds like a blast & as for Haunted I like some weird RPG's so who knows I may like this one too but atm both are at the back of a long line of games I own & havent played yet must be up to about 50 I own & havent played yet todays buys just put me at 87 games

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dead Island is worth a gamble, i wasn't overly keen on it but i can see the appeal hidden among the flaws.It has a charm to it.
    Sign here ...........................................

Crocodile Hunter

I own dead island but still in its packaging if that counts

i know how you feel tho i just bought the sims 3 and EA active 2 that i have no plans on playing hahaha

Sig by Apokolypz

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Thanx Chambers at least you answered with a decent response what else could I expect of Mr October lmao dead island sounds like a blast & as for Haunted I like some weird RPG's so who knows I may like this one too but atm both are at the back of a long line of games I own & havent played yet must be up to about 50 I own & havent played yet todays buys just put me at 87 games
    Hey man it's not a problem, the sites here to help after all

Dead Island was kinda screwed when it first came out but they patched it a few times and made it sweet and like I said before, it's great fun co-op and it's probably still active online

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The gameplay in both isn't great so the only advice I can give is to focus on the story as much as you can and it wont seem as bad

Lvl 7 - Gold

Doom had fun with Dead Island and as far as those game ending glitches, I've never experienced them. However it's game that was meant to be enjoyed with others. Playing solo isn't quite as fun as playing with a group of Zombie ass kickers.

As far as the other game goes, Doom hasn't played and can't really have an opinion of it.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Member

i would go do gamefly if anything rental 2 games at a time for $22.95 monthly and u keep them as long as you want no late fees

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Dead Island is fun and you will enjoy it especially now that the patches have taken care of many of the really bad glitches. You should start playing Dead Island first as it's something you should experience with other players and co-op is alive early in a game's life.

Hunted is a game I wanted to get but I was drawn back by the horrid reviews it received and then I realized it wasn't my kind of game anyway. To be honest, it looks boring, but you never know, some games are guilty pleasures and this one could be yours.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Vive La Révelation!

I enjoyed Dead Island quite a bit. it may not perfect, but I really had some fun with it, the Island is really massive. And there’s lots of stuff to keep you busy for hours. Only problem was I thought some of the side missions we’re repetitive. And to be honest it can be very challenging at times. But I thought it to be a very decent game. Did you get a good deal on it?
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Neither are any good in my honest opinion.

Lvl 6 - Silver

bought neither. i heard dead island is good co-op though
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

PRO Member

I only played dead island at my friends house and i enjoyed it quite a bit and experienced no glitches but it really is only fun if you have someone to play with. As for the other game i never heard of it

Lvl 3 - Bronze

But why would you buy even more games if you have so many unplayed ones? If you start playing your unplayed games, you have money for newer and better games. Just saying...

Lvl 5 - Silver

I nearly bought Dead island today it looks pretty fun but zombie games are just getting stale.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Regional Manager of War

Dead Island is fun if you have friends to play online with and Hunted Demons Forge is..... I sent the game back after 10 mins of playing it. We are all different you might enjoy both games so just give them a chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast