Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What if Skyrim, COD or Battlefield Cost $110?For The Standard Version?

This is a discussion on What if Skyrim, COD or Battlefield Cost $110?For The Standard Version? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well if they do this I just won't buy these games, supply and demand, there are tons of video games ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well if they do this I just won't buy these games, supply and demand, there are tons of video games out there and MANY better than COD and Battlefield, won't be hard for me to play something else.
    Trophy Hunter by day, Trophy Hunter by night.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I kind of agree with you we Australians do pay $110 for standard games but we have a higher payrate than America

America's Standard is $16.65ph = $666 on a 40hour week
    Australia's Standard is $23.85ph = $954 on a 40hour week

That is what I pay my workers ph anyway & I put on a BBQ Piss-up once a month for my employees. Auzzies Rock
    I think many Americans would have no problem paying $110 for a standard game if they made nearly $24 per hour. This is where some people, (not really talking about you but more so post #2) need a little bit better of an understanding of economics before they criticize entire countries. When one county's currency is inflated higher than anothers, things will cost more.
    Trophy Hunter by day, Trophy Hunter by night.

Lvl 7 - Gold

lol fail when it already cost that much in aus
    and i think new zealand 10 dollars more then aus

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    people like this are such fucking morons they make me so mad!

Australians DO pay this much for our games!!

and i know other countries do as well, fuck these people are morons, Its clear that an american wrote this...inconsiderate for everything but their own country and people
    Fuck you and your bigotry. Mad at the world because a digo ate your baby, or perhaps you ran out of shrimp to throw on the barbie. Asshole.

Ever think it wasn't written to be applied on a global level? You can't equate just one price of an item in two completely different economies, as there are so many other factors not accounted for.

*I don't mean to offend any of you other Australia citizens. Just turning the fan on his flames to see how he liked the heat.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 6 - Silver

hmmm well it says 50 dollars to play online per year right? so the single player games like skyrim will be remaining at 60 then? if im correct so far, i guess a lot of MP will have to be avoided for myself. personally, even the PC mmo subscriptions are a lot, but paying 50 a year to probably play a sub par game, with sub par MP, id have to pass. on another note, like some1 posted earlier, if this does go through, i can see other developers taking advantage of claiming no subscription fee to play their game to increase sales.

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Fuck you and your bigotry. Mad at the world because a digo ate your baby, or perhaps you ran out of shrimp to throw on the barbie. Asshole.
    see this just proves how stupid some of you can be, you do know that both of the things you said is false and no1 does that, because i said fuck america you jump to its defence so quickly and say whatever you can think of to try and insult that person but you fail to realize you actually know NOTHING about me or my country so it makes you look like an even bigger idiot.

To clarily to every1 else, I get annoyed at certain stupid americans and how they talk/what they say. this article might try and be for 'everone' but its clearly only for americans by how they write it, even the title picture is american money and how he says games are $60

think about it he does not really care about any of the other countries and only america because he dnt live in any other country so its fair i guess but he should be more considerate for other people

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 5 - Silver

Um.. It already does cost that much in AUS
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Ice Cream Firefighter

I think all everyone needs to chill out Americans can be pompous its called patriotism Auzzies can be rude its called being an Australian every country has their good & bad points the person who said about the dingo & the baby they were lying assholes who killed their own kid & Prawns are best served on ice we throw steak & sausages on the BBQ I have lived in both America & Australia so I speak from experience when I say even though things are cheaper in America in Australia $$$$ lasts longer there might not be much of a difference in our dollar but the difference in a weekly pay as I explained in a post^ is a big difference but still dont turn this thread into hate thread we live where we live & have to pay the prices we pay so live with it cause its the companies who are laughing not the consumer

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    see this just proves how stupid some of you can be, you do know that both of the things you said is false and no1 does that, because i said fuck america you jump to its defence so quickly and say whatever you can think of to try and insult that person but you fail to realize you actually know NOTHING about me or my country so it makes you look like an even bigger idiot.

To clarily to every1 else, I get annoyed at certain stupid americans and how they talk/what they say. this article might try and be for 'everone' but its clearly only for americans by how they write it, even the title picture is american money and how he says games are $60

think about it he does not really care about any of the other countries and only america because he dnt live in any other country so its fair i guess but he should be more considerate for other people
    I'm actually fairly well educated on Australia, and I find it to be a beautiful country (at least where I visited). Perhaps you didn't realize I relayed a baseless stereotype as inane as your anti-American views.

Articles are generally always written for people with a common relation to the writer, usually their location. This writer gearing his article for Americans is no different than any of your local news channels reporting stories as they pertain to your community and/or just Australia as a whole.

Judging by your style of typing with the shortcuts and lack of capitalization, I'm going to assume you are probably a kid, so I should just pass it off as you not knowing any better. I hope you realize as you grow up that you shouldn't judge a nation of peoples based on a select few.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 9 - Gold

Ignoring the completely unjustified patriotism on all sides (or lack thereof), the day console games try adding subscription requirements to online is the day I stop buying games with any form of online, period. I don't care about your shitty game mode that took development time away from the campaign/story, which is what I'm paying to enjoy. If I wanted to go online and kill other idiots, I'd buy a game intended for that, like CoD or BF. I would not buy Dragon Age, Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed for that purpose.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Ignoring the completely unjustified patriotism on all sides (or lack thereof), the day console games try adding subscription requirements to online is the day I stop buying games with any form of online, period. I don't care about your shitty game mode that took development time away from the campaign/story, which is what I'm paying to enjoy. If I wanted to go online and kill other idiots, I'd buy a game intended for that, like CoD or BF. I would not buy Dragon Age, Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed for that purpose.
    Then stop buying games with online already, for CoD already did it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Crocodile Hunter

Mihalick I'm not a kid and i wrote that on my phone at the time and i hate typing on my phone, to write grammatically correct would take forever and i couldn't be fucked

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 5 - Silver

I would never pay a yearly fee to play a game. Point blank period. Online passes make sense to me but this seems to take things a step to far. It'll end badly for the companies i imagine and gamers will move onto other games. Perhaps this (if enacted) will kick start the move to the next genre and get away from all the games geared toward FPS.

As far as the AUS/America fighting. Its stupid.

Ok so in AUS there 110 already, imagine them being 160 now. Bam there now everyone get mad at the same thing.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I remember when games were about $40 or $50. I know that other countries pay around 100+ dollars for their games and it really must suck so much, but if I ever have to pay $110 for a standard version of a game in my lifetime, I will seriously flip some MAJOR dick.

Ghost Assassin

Ok,the title is quite misleading. For future readers, this article is about games that require you to pay the price for the game and then a subscription to actually play it. So NA pricing, that's a $60 base and then a $50 subscription fee totaling $110.

Now, I don't think this will work at all. Having to pay a sub fee just to play a game is not cool. I'm sure if the game companies tried to do that, they would report massive losses. It's just common sense.

Yeah, you’re going to miss getting shot in the face by an 8 year old in Modern Warfare 17, “Return to Gettysburg” but you’re also going to be telling these greedy, money mongering publishers which end of the stick they can suck on.
    Can't wait for MW17: Return to Gettysburg!

An old-fashioned cowboy

This is gonna end badly for all games that aren't Call of Duty. I don't think many other game franchises have the support of the consumers to make this subscription fee thing profitable.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I kind of agree with you we Australians do pay $110 for standard games but we have a higher payrate than America

America's Standard is $16.65ph = $666 on a 40hour week
    Australia's Standard is $23.85ph = $954 on a 40hour week

That is what I pay my workers ph anyway & I put on a BBQ Piss-up once a month for my employees. Auzzies Rock
    What sort of job are your workers doing?

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    What sort of job are your workers doing?
    Retail I own a independent clothing store

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12