Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

What if Skyrim, COD or Battlefield Cost $110?For The Standard Version?

This is a discussion on What if Skyrim, COD or Battlefield Cost $110?For The Standard Version? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i saw this coming a mile away http://www.flesheatingzipper.com/gam...ndard-version/...

  1. #1
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    What if Skyrim, COD or Battlefield Cost $110?For The Standard Version?


  2. #2
    Crocodile Hunter
    Ac3stralian's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Straya ****!
    Posts
    2,057
    Reputation
    178

    people like this are such fucking morons they make me so mad!

    Australians DO pay this much for our games!!

    and i know other countries do as well, fuck these people are morons, Its clear that an american wrote this...inconsiderate for everything but their own country and people

    Sig by Apokolypz



  3. #3
    DON'T BLINK
    Koimia's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adams, WI
    Posts
    1,363
    Reputation
    80

    The link reads like a comic site and this thread should be closed before it turns (more) into a country bashing thread.

  4. #4
    Local Drunk
    Feral's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,999
    Reputation
    603

    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    people like this are such fucking morons they make me so mad!

    Australians DO pay this much for our games!!

    and i know other countries do as well, fuck these people are morons, Its clear that an american wrote this...inconsiderate for everything but their own country and people
    Exactly mate.

  5. #5
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    The link reads like a comic site and this thread should be closed before it turns (more) into a country bashing thread.
    how would it turn into a country bashing thread,because of 1 idiot.

  6. #6
    PRO Member
    CurseShooter's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    322
    Reputation
    11

    Well if the gaming Industry really does pull off something as stupid as that I will give up gaming on the spot.

    It really has nothing to do if it was an Australian, Japanese, American, Mexican or whatever who wrote the article. Ac3dUd3- if that's what you're paying now you'd be paying the double if this were to be implemented in gaming so there is no need to bash on any other countries.

    Really greed is going a long way I mean gaming is starting to feel like Youtube (those who ever got their videos down for no reason know what I mean). So I pay $60 for my brand new game but now I have to pay $50 yearly to play online? Sure it would be a good idea if there were only 3 multiplayer games in the whole world.

    The idea of the online pass was a good one because if you bought the game used you had to buy the online pass to be able to access online features so that the developers gained some cash, what they want to do now is just called Greed.


    "PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

  7. #7
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Well if the gaming Industry really does pull off something as stupid as that I will give up gaming on the spot.

    It really has nothing to do if it was an Australian, Japanese, American, Mexican or whatever who wrote the article. Ac3dUd3- if that's what you're paying now you'd be paying the double if this were to be implemented in gaming so there is no need to bash on any other countries.

    Really greed is going a long way I mean gaming is starting to feel like Youtube (those who ever got their videos down for no reason know what I mean). So I pay $60 for my brand new game but now I have to pay $50 yearly to play online? Sure it would be a good idea if there were only 3 multiplayer games in the whole world.

    The idea of the online pass was a good one because if you bought the game used you had to buy the online pass to be able to access online features so that the developers gained some cash, what they want to do now is just called Greed.
    i didnt have a problem with online passes until i saw this article
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/713...g-users-report
    it seems some online passes expire,not only do they not want you to buy used,they dont want you to wait until the price drops to buy either

    and dlc was alright when it was something that added to the game well after its released,then they started adding it before a game was released,it seems every time they do something its a test run to see how they can milk us,what we are willing to put up with.

  8. #8
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Well the title of the thread is kind of misleading, games will cost the same but if you want to play online then it will cost you a lot more.

    Should companies do this? Well it's there game they can do whatever they want, but I predict this will end badly for them. Games like Call of Duty will be fine because there are enough stupid parents out there that will buy this for their kids but games like Bioshock or Saints Row? I cannot see this working very well for them.

    The thing is most games MP is dead after a month of release and that is with a free service, so I can't see any company going through with this. Imagine if Activision decided to go through with this next year and EA said "we're fine with our online pass as is" What do you think that would do to the COD/BF sales ratio?

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  9. #9
    Lvl 3 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your LAN
    Posts
    145
    Reputation
    1

    I do have to admit though that the comments on the original article are entertaining to read. Though if the game industry follows a subscription-based pay model like what is apparently being suggested, then I'll stop.

    But what really gets me is that the article is basing this assumption on a system that is fed by millions of gamers and has two sides: a free side and a paid side. I haven't messed with Elite all that much but after talking to some of my friends who use it, the free functionality is all that is really needed to play the game. And the few that pay the yearly fee, defended that payment by using the map packs.

    But it's not like you need Elite to play the online multiplayer. I think that if any publisher tries to charge a yearly fee to access the multiplayer would very quickly go out of business. Unlike the hysterical BS that this article is trying to push, I think the subscription based model that these publishers are talking about is something like the Season Passes et al that gets all the DLC for the game for one fee.

    TL;DR: I guess what I am saying is that this article (and by extension its author) took some comments out of context, decided that, based on a service that is being used by alot of people on a game that is active for a long time, those comments meant that every game would do the same, and decided that the internet needed another reason to flip out over small shit.
    Just because I'm a lazy person: All gaming info is here -> GrimmLAN13

    The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble
    I like my coffee black
    Just like my metal

    Mindless Self Indulgence


  10. #10
    DON'T BLINK
    Koimia's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adams, WI
    Posts
    1,363
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    how would it turn into a country bashing thread,because of 1 idiot.
    Give it time. Almost all these posts do.

  11. #11
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    Why do they try to make video games so damn expensive? It's ridiculous.


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  12. #12
    Vive La Révelation!
    Xx_R3V3LAT1ON_xX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Colorado!
    Posts
    951
    Reputation
    164

    Ughhh I have a hard enough time spending 60$ on new games as it is.. I guess when it does I'll be done with games.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

  13. #13
    PRO Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    184
    Reputation
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    people like this are such fucking morons they make me so mad!

    Australians DO pay this much for our games!!

    and i know other countries do as well, fuck these people are morons, Its clear that an american wrote this...inconsiderate for everything but their own country and people
    I'm guessing this was a knee jerk response to the the tittle of this thread, I tittle which I think is a little miss leading after reading the linked article which is about subcribtion based gaming.

    But anywy, subcription based gaming has been arround for a while so it's no surprise that publishers are now looking to introduce it to the online FPS genre. Personaly I don't like the idea of paying a subscription to play a game that I paid for so I don't. Paying a subcription to play a game I downloaded for free on the other hand is a different matter.


    Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway


  14. #14
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    people like this are such fucking morons they make me so mad!

    Australians DO pay this much for our games!!

    and i know other countries do as well, fuck these people are morons, Its clear that an american wrote this...inconsiderate for everything but their own country and people
    I kind of agree with you we Australians do pay $110 for standard games but we have a higher payrate than America

    America's Standard is $16.65ph = $666 on a 40hour week
    Australia's Standard is $23.85ph = $954 on a 40hour week

    That is what I pay my workers ph anyway & I put on a BBQ Piss-up once a month for my employees. Auzzies Rock


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  15. #15
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Other countries whine so much about rising costs of games. We pay that exact amount for our games. My copy of Skyrim cost $110 AUD exactly. You guys have it easy, so stop complaning.




  16. #16
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    I am not sure how Take Two or THQ would benefit from such a service when they don't have franchices that get millions of dollars with every release, meaning there aren't as many fanboys for their games, which makes me assume they wouldn't see a real profit from a service as CoD's Elite.

    If anything, the only ones who could use this and get a real profit would be Battlefield and CoD (which is already getting said profit). THQ and TT should just shut up and avoid doing this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Other countries whine so much about rising costs of games. We pay that exact amount for our games. My copy of Skyrim cost $110 AUD exactly. You guys have it easy, so stop complaning.
    Yeah guys, because $110 AUD = $110 USD.

    Joking apart, Kertwat here has a point. Other countries have different prices which are usually higher than yours. You pay $60 for most new games, and in a palce like (example) Chile, that'd mean you'd have to pay around $30823.73~ chilean pesos, but in reality, you have to pay more (let's say, $3500).

    But of course, this has nothing to do with the article, which talks about subsricption-based services, and not the price of the game themselves, proving kerwan didn't actually read it and based his opinion from the thread's title.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  17. #17
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    saumiyan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    302
    Reputation
    0

    iit already costs very much, now they want charge more. greedy fucks!
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK




  18. #18
    Lvl 9 - Gold


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    south california
    Posts
    1,005
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Other countries whine so much about rising costs of games. We pay that exact amount for our games. My copy of Skyrim cost $110 AUD exactly. You guys have it easy, so stop complaning.
    i agree with kerwan but cant you just import the game from america and get the game cheaper

  19. #19
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I am not sure how Take Two or THQ would benefit from such a service when they don't have franchices that get millions of dollars with every release, meaning there aren't as many fanboys for their games, which makes me assume they wouldn't see a real profit from a service as CoD's Elite.

    If anything, the only ones who could use this and get a real profit would be Battlefield and CoD (which is already getting said profit). THQ and TT should just shut up and avoid doing this.



    Yeah guys, because $110 AUD = $110 USD.

    Joking apart, Kertwat here has a point. Other countries have different prices which are usually higher than yours. You pay $60 for most new games, and in a palce like (example) Chile, that'd mean you'd have to pay around $30823.73~ chilean pesos, but in reality, you have to pay more (let's say, $3500).

    But of course, this has nothing to do with the article, which talks about subsricption-based services, and not the price of the game themselves, proving kerwan didn't actually read it and based his opinion from the thread's title.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I actually did read it; I merely decided to comment on the prices of the games instead.




  20. #20
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    i agree with kerwan but cant you just import the game from america and get the game cheaper
    Yes, but that doesn't make a difference to the fact that games here are already bloody expensive. I paid $110 for Skyrim because I wanted it day one. I didn't want to wait a few weeks for it to arrive.




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO