Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Red Cross Wants to Stop people in-game from violating geneva convention

This is a discussion on Red Cross Wants to Stop people in-game from violating geneva convention within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 fuck off Finally something we both agree on...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    fuck off
    Finally something we both agree on

Lvl 8 - Gold

Ghost Assassin

The following pics will most likely sum up everyone's reaction to reading this article, but seriously, WTF Red Cross!?

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by Danko1900; 12-03-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Resident PHD

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike656565 View Post
    geez I'd expect something this dumb from an organization like PETA, not the Red Cross.
    Peta just does it for publicity, but adding laws into video games is just rediculous. But after everything all it really is pixels

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Soon the censorships of all the world and the other bloody companies will stop most games. Bloody hell, soon even old classics like Ice Climber will be sued due to animal cruelty by P.E.T.A. Soon there will only be games like Tetris and Teletubbies.

(Teletubbies scare the living daylights outa me btw. Freaky shit)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Just a waste of time and money imho.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Better they investigate the vidya games and stay out of Doom's plans for global saturation. Yes, Doom bodied Wesker and stole his plans and no, Doom doesn't quite care that Wesker failed in 7 previous Resident Evil games.

Who stole my fucking yogurt?!
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Don't really know why video games are being singled out, unjustly I might add. What's next, going to go for movies (which in my opinion have shown far more scarring and damaging imagery and actions than anything I have experienced in a game) or books (which probably push the boundaries the furthest of all, but rarely get any media attention, since most people don't read them anymore).

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that the Red Cross feels the need to attempt this ridiculous publicity stunt (which is what this is) that really is a slap to the face of what the actions of the world that made the Geneva Convention necessary, and does very little to help human rights in the world.

I wish the Red Cross would stick to trying to help those who are suffering with natural disasters and political upheaval and leave their public statements on what is good for the rest of the world to themselves.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

:headdesk:

Really? REALLY?

Y'know, I don't even think Comic Books were attacked & ridiculed this God damned long. Let alone ever have ANYONE trying to impose unnecessary real world law into them.

I think at most it was "Hey guys, gettin' kinda violent/controversial - tone it down a bit, kthnx?" "Sure thing, boss." And that was pretty much that. Batman stopped cappin' fools, and everyone went on with their lives.

Why, then, are video games getting so much damn flak, ALL the time?! It's like there is no violent crime that doesn't have someone blaming a video game for it.

Now they want to start bitching about imaginary worlds not following real world laws? Are you serious?

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Ice Cream Firefighter

Let them try it will a EPIC FAILURE on their behalf in the end

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 6 - Silver

all i can picture is playing one of the FPS games, killing an innocent, and being arrested. You then have to spend the next 3 hours in a holding cell, and go through 20 hours of gameplay as your character is put on trial.
    Quick! tap triangle-triangle-square-circle-square-X to plead innocent!
    don't forget to use the Konami code to tamper with evidence!

also, in Transformers:War for Cybertron, you get a trophy for killing all but one prisoner on one of the early levels. Does that mean the developers would be brought up on war crimes too, if the Red Cross has their way? does the Geneva Convention apply to Cybertronian wars?

Lvl 5 - Silver

They should shove all their red crosses up their asses, and change their name to brown cross

Server Technician

This is ridiculous. I think everyone here has summed up what I am thinking.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Go ahead Red Cross, the members of all Call of Duty/Medal of Honor/Battlefield games will come after you. Just like those censorship laws they wanted to pass, we are capable of fighting something we care for.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Platinum Dohvakiin

s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Don't really know why video games are being singled out, unjustly I might add. What's next, going to go for movies (which in my opinion have shown far more scarring and damaging imagery and actions than anything I have experienced in a game) or books (which probably push the boundaries the furthest of all, but rarely get any media attention, since most people don't read them anymore).
    Video games are the current "target" much like Rock N Roll was in the 50's, Hippies in the 60's and Rap in the 90's. Whatever is the most popular thing for young people. Usually gets picked on and blamed for being the thing that corrupts and dehumanize the people who partake in it.
    Everything Video Games are blamed for today. Was blamed on something else a generation before. America has a bad habit of blaming and pointing fingers. Than it does actually fixing the damn problems. The problems isn't Video Games. The problem today is blaming video games as the reason for peoples behavior. When most of the time. It's either down to bad parenting. Or just the person psyche itself.
    For every study that gets published that says video games are bad. I can find one that says it improves motor, reasoning and analytical skills. People want to claim that watching violent movies or playing violent video games. Makes people more violent. And as a Criminal Psychologist. I just have to say, those people are so full of shit. Because I have yet to see one patient. Or even hear about someone actually committing a Violent Act, as a result of playing Call of Duty, or anything else for that matter. It sounds good when people say that. But just because it does, doesn't make it anymore true. Just more believable, to the people who do not know any better.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 9 - Gold

since my post got deleted for some reason....

Red Cross should stick to what they do and not bother with commenting on issues like this. It makes them look pretty damn stupid.

PRO Member

Really red cross? If thats the case are there gona be laws against book publishers or horror movies etc. Do us a fav and Try doing your job in the real world first.

Sig by: DaRe_xLw Avy by: Dsluckay

Yankees And Packers <3

they need to stick to helping people in need not video games

PRO Member

everything i could possibly say about this has already been said...so im just gonna give the people who feel like blaming video games for everything thats bad in this world this picture.....

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast