Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad Platnium Form

This is a discussion on Bad Platnium Form within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Anyone else having a bad platnium form, well just recently both Skyrim and Fifa 12 came out. Both are fun ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Bad Platnium Form

Anyone else having a bad platnium form, well just recently both Skyrim and Fifa 12 came out. Both are fun and have timerequiring platniums. and guess what fifa requires a trophy 100% luck, which I probably will never get and Skyrim has bugged itself so I'll have to replay 50 hours. Now I've spent more than 300 hours on both of these games which has put an halt to my platnium claiming for a while now. Before I had 2 plats/month. and I hate it, so annoying that both games just has to come out sucking in the end.
    Dunno really what I want out of this thread, just sharing I guess.

As I said, anyone else having bad luck in the platnium hunting?

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 6 - Silver

It's not about how quick you get the plat mate, games like Skyrim are great because it takes forever to get the plat, I probably plat the game til February but when that lovely little plat pings up I'll know it was one worthwhile yet brutal trophy.

Beast Incarnate

FIFA took me 95 hours to plat, but yeah that Team of the week player trophy is ridiculous. Took me a while but I got lucky, such a bad trophy for EA to add to the game, they just want to make extra money!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can think of two games that fall under this catagory... one of the games is V8 Superstars Racing because almost every trophy is glitched in that game and it just takes a heck of a lot of a lot of luck to get them all. I should have platimumed that game but thanks to anglitched trophy i cant. REALLY HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS. the ohe game that should go in themlistnis NASCAR The Game 2011 for some people they have a glitched game where the game doesmtmgive you the required number of unlocked cars to get the trophy.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I was grinding light seeds in Prince of Persia and they got glitched at 900/1000, had to start all over lol

PRO Member

Time consuming plats can be be really annoying, but if the game is challenging and keeps me motivated to play it then I will enjoy it! I play games for the game itself 1st and try to knock out some trophies along the way, once I have finished I will then go for the

I have played games just for the as I'm sure you can you can tell which ones they are! lol Although I have played some games I didn't think I would be able to complete..... Thexder Neo was fucking brutal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito View Post
    I was grinding light seeds in Prince of Persia and they got glitched at 900/1000, had to start all over lol
    That sucks!! 2 trophies have glitched on me before, I expect everyone has to have at least one glitched trophy

Sig by Smashguy

Resident PHD

The worst one for me was Dark Void where the trophy Grease Monkey glitched. This was after me grinding the 4 million points need to buy everything. I had to restart the game, play the first 10 levels again to get back to the grinding spot and then grind for another 4 million points hoping it would unlock (luckily it did)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 9 - Gold

Look at all First-person shooters, they require A LOT of luck (namely COD5 and KZ2).

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm having the same issues too my plats have stopped coming in mostly because I've platted all the games I'm going to that I have and I'm to poor to buy new ones right now, "waiting for x-mas". So I have the same issue different reason. And I'm the lucky one I guess as I have yet to have a trophy glitch on me *knocks on wood* not even the ones that glitched for everyone else.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Alive26 View Post
    I'm having the same issues too my plats have stopped coming in mostly because I've platted all the games I'm going to that I have and I'm to poor to buy new ones right now, "waiting for x-mas". So I have the same issue different reason. And I'm the lucky one I guess as I have yet to have a trophy glitch on me *knocks on wood* not even the ones that glitched for everyone else.
    I don't know where you're located, so do you have a Gamefly or Blockbuster mail service? For $8 a month, you get unlimited game rentals (one game at a time). It's a great deal, and very affordable even for kids/teens.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Yankees And Packers <3

i havent got one in like 6 months

Lvl 6 - Silver

Only bad luck I'm having with my 'platinum collection', is that I bought VANQUISH on Day 1 before I knew how brutally, insanely, ridiculously, frustratingly, impossibly difficult the platinum would be to get, simply because of one measly f'ing challenge. Otherwise I've platted pretty much every game I own except for one other.....

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

PRO Member

I feel the same way about Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. They seem pretty achievable, but for me, they're just a little too time consuming and a little hard. Call me a pansy if you want, but games played on like "Insane" or "Hardcore" are just too hard for me to get any enjoyment out of. The challenges are cool, but only so much of that I can take. Main pet peive on both are the Perfect Freeflow Combos (the ones where you use ALL of his moves in one perfect combo). That seems like luck...at least for me

MY PLATINUM TROPHIES
    Assassin's Creed II | Borderlands | Godfather II | Spare Parts

Sig credit goes to "BLADIA" from Sigs & Beyond

KANSAS CITY METRO AREA GAMERS GROUP

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    I don't know where you're located, so do you have a Gamefly or Blockbuster mail service? For $8 a month, you get unlimited game rentals (one game at a time). It's a great deal, and very affordable even for kids/teens.
    Im in the middle of nowhere Nevada. I could do gamefly but I don't. I got laid off so haven't had the income to feed my normal gaming habits. Once I get new games for x-mas all will be right with the world again. And then hopefully I can find a new job and feed the addiction again.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

Legend...Nuff Said

I got both of my plats on the same day last month. I just have gamer ADHD and can't finish a game before moving onto the next.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I just have so much on my plate to even attempt. Im doing an Uncharted 3 hard run (first time through) WHILE I'm going through Skyrim. Skyrim has just engrossed me so much that I've lost my Uncharted skills. So I'm scared that I have to go back and play some levels on normal... -.-

PRO Member

Black ops pissed me off because of the glitch veteran trophies that it contained.. i eventually got it.. and the funny part of it is the trophy that requires to beat the game on hard or veteran difficulty was the one i was missing for plat i had to eventually play 2 levels on hard then it unlocked even though i did have the other veteran trophies which made no sense.. but i loaded up the first 2 levels then i got ding plat i almost quitted so many times but i swore i would atleast plat every COD game in the process of doing survival and spec ops on MW3..

Lvl 7 - Gold

i haven't been able to hunt platinums in a while been playing my pc games
    got shit load of games to finish plus been on bf3

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

hmm im hapy to say for the time being i have never gotten a glitched trophy
    tho there have been times i thought i did but turned out i was doing something wrong
    i honestly hope to never go thru what some of you experienced
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

I platted both UC3 and AC:R already, so the only one I'm currently working on is Skyrim, and I'm in no hurry to finish it, as I'm not planning on getting any new games until February.
    And luckily, I've never had a trophy glitch. I thought Blight-Queller had glitched, but later found out that the requirements are based off your PC only, not your group, and not across all save files. Yay, Darkspawn grinding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast