View Poll Results: What should I do with my Trophies?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep going towards perfection

30 61.22%
  • Go for a much higher PSN level

19 38.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Perfectionist or Level Climbing?

This is a discussion on Perfectionist or Level Climbing? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; if you go for perfection the psn level will increase as well. win win!!...

WHO DAT!!!!

if you go for perfection the psn level will increase as well. win win!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Id say go for perfectionist. It would still be an account that has all of the available trophies for your games.
    Even if I cant plat a game, I still aim to get as many trophies in it as I can. I find that much more fun than just leveling up as you dont need to put that much effort into your trophies, you just play as many games as you can to get to a higher level.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

perfectionist. i like seeing the platinum trophy in all my games. they may take a while but ill get them all eventually :determined:

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think its alot of both, but Id rather get plats on alot of games rather than have alot of games with no plats

Lvl 9 - Gold

Lv.........................
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

hey whatever works for you man
    Some people enjoy just playing games without thinking about trophies and some enjoy getting them all
    Now personally i enjoy getting plat for as many of my games as i can because i enjoy most of my games anyways, so it really doesn't turn into a chore for me

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Perfectionist all the way get the most out of your games.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

PRO Member

You currently have 1,186 out of 1,809 possible trophies and a 67.95% average completion of your total possible trophy points.

If you go for "perfection" you will be replaying most of the games on your list (this could be good or bad). I see a few games that have very few trophies so that tells me either you lost interest, didn't like it, or just played it ignoring trophies (i.e. Killzone 2, Time Crisis 4, UFC 2009, Tombraider: Underworld, etc... ). Striving for Perfection can definitely become boring and turn you off to gaming altogether so be careful here. Plus, you will end up ignoring many new releases and recent games unless you squeeze them in here and there.

With your current stats, you may have much more fun just having fun getting trophies and increasing your level through several fresh new games.

This is a hard call for sure. I guess what I would do is work for "perfection" moving forward. When you don't have any new games left or enough money to get a new one, pull out one of the older ones and give it another go to increase your % for it. I'm on a path of "perfectionism" myself but, I know that I will never achieve it (especially with Lost Planet 2 in my list); my goal is to get my overall completion % around 90%.

With all that said, I voted for "Perfection". Good luck to you!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If I were to be a perfectionist, I wouldn't be able to play as many games as I could like now. So long as you have the time, go ahead and try to platinum the games you can. Otherwise, only do those without unreasonable grinding and keep playing for the fun.

my latest anime updates

PRO Member

I would just play games for fun.... going for 100% on all games is just dumb!! Take a look at my trophies, I don't care that I have a lot of unfinished games tbh

Sig by Smashguy

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I would just play games for fun.... going for 100% on all games is just dumb!! Take a look at my trophies, I don't care that I have a lot of unfinished games tbh
    If you're trying to troll, at least hide you PERFECT PLAT STREAK in your sig n00b

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    If you're trying to troll, at least hide you PERFECT PLAT STREAK in your sig n00b
    Lol like anyone pays attention to that ...but thanks for pointing it out n00b >:F

Sig by Smashguy

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

go for what makes you happy
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

traitor

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    You should go for more plats imo

But if that's not fun, then just play games normally. This shouldn't turn into a chore.
    totally agree with the point about it being a chore, if the trophies seem like more work then they are worth then dont do it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    traitor
    Never!!! PPS FTFW

Sig by Smashguy

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Never!!! PPS FTFW
    you make me proud. *wipes tear from face*

Gotham's Reckoning

I'd go for perfection, I always go for the plat and 100%.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1203 View Post
    Head for perfectionist, I personally find plat hunting more fun and satisfying rather than level percentage. Go for it!
    i completely agree on this statement. i dont give a *quack* for my PSN level

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 1 - Bronze

perfectionist, its alot more fun having lots of platinums than lots of bronzes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast