Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sony loses Insomniac Games

This is a discussion on Sony loses Insomniac Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Does anyone know about this? I saw someone post it on a forum... that means sony loses the license to ...

Crocodile Hunter

Sony loses Insomniac Games

Does anyone know about this?

I saw someone post it on a forum...

that means sony loses the license to crash and spyro lol, does any1 have any more news on this?

Sig by Apokolypz

The One and Only

Wait.. what?

Show us proof dammit!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Wait a minute...the fact that Insomniac Games wasn't owned by Sony any longer and would go multiplatform for games such as Overstike was announced years ago. :stare:

Crocodile Hunter

All i have is this

Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth - PS3 News

if you cant see that i will post what he wrote

It's true that Insomniac is no longer part of the PlayStation family, but Sony says it "ain't the end of the world."

In speaking with OPM UK, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe President and CEO Jim Ryan spoke about losing the Resistance developer as an exclusive PlayStation team. Remember, Insomniac did nothing but support the PlayStation brand since 1996, and we all remember the great Ratchet & Clank series as well as the Resistance franchise this generation.

But Insomniac recently struck out on its own and announced their first multiplatform project, Overstrike, which will come to both the PS3 and Xbox 360. And while Ryan admits Sony would still want Insomniac under their umbrella, he still said Sony is doing just fine without them. They're still friends but given the "strength of Sony's internal studios at the moment," Ryan says losing Insomniac "ain't the end of the world by any means." Well, that's understandable.

But we still say, the more exclusive projects, the better. It gives teams a chance to focus on one platform and in general, we get that extra level of polish, refinement, and in some cases, innovation. By the way, where the heck is more info on Overstrike? What happened to that game after it was announced...? What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Wait a minute...the fact that Insomniac Games wasn't owned by Sony any longer and would go multiplatform for games such as Overstike was announced years ago. :stare:
    well this is news to me o.O

Sig by Apokolypz

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    that means sony loses the license to crash and spyro lol, does any1 have any more news on this?
    Sony lost those licenses over a decade ago iirc . What, you've never seen those Spyro/Crash games for the GameBoy or the GameCube ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Platinum Procrastinator

First I've heard of it but after using Google I found out its true:

Insomniac Games Goes Multiplatform Nerd Reactor

Oh well good for Insomniac then. Resistance 3 didn't sell very well on the PS3 and I'm sure if it was mullti-platform they would of did a lot better.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Plats-O'-War!!

Maybe this will help clear some things up:

The Official PlayStation Magazine over in the UK recently sat down to speak with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's President and CEO Jim Ryan, and he spoke briefly about developer Insomniac's relationship with Sony moving forward.

After making nothing but PlayStation exclusives starting with Disruptor in 1996 and working its way all the way through 14 other titles in the Spyro, Ratchet & Clank and Resistance franchises, Insomniac revealed Overstrike, its very first multi-platform game coming to both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Obviously, this marked a huge shift for the once PlayStation-loyal studio.

Jim Ryan admits that he wished Insomniac was still in the exclusivity fold, telling OPMUK that "in an ideal world would we prefer them still to be working exclusively on our platforms? Yes, probably." More interestingly, while Ryan told the magazine that Sony is "still friends" with Insomniac, he took what appeared to be a little stab, noting that "the strength of [Sony's] internal studios at the moment means" that not having Insomniac anymore "ain't the end of the world by any means."

Insomniac has been completely mum about Overstrike since revealing it at this year's past E3. Insomniac's other two PS3-exclusive titles this year, Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, have both already hit store shelves, and it's unclear if Insomniac has future plans to develop PlayStation exclusives.
    Source: Sony Losing Insomniac 'Ain't the End of the World' - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

The One and Only

All i have is this

Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth - PS3 News

if you cant see that i will post what he wrote
    Aww dammit!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Sony lost those licenses over a decade ago iirc . What, you've never seen those Spyro/Crash games for the GameBoy or the GameCube ?
    Crash wasn't even made by Insomniac. Naught Dog made them.

Not to mention that Ratchet and Resistance franchises are Sony owned...meaning that they'll always be exclusive unless bought out.

This is seriously old news...

Crocodile Hunter

no i havnt, i only play playstation lol

and yeah i know crash wasnt made by them but idk im seriously confused

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 7 - Gold

The thing that sucks about formerly PS3 exclusives going multiplatform is that quality will suffer for us PS3 guys since it's easier to port from 360 to PS3 than the other way around, which means it's not made to utilize the awesomeness of the ps3.

Here's a recent article.
    Insomniac Games Goes Multiplatform Nerd Reactor

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Kiwi Defender

Crash wasn't even made by Insomniac. Naught Dog made them.

Not to mention that Ratchet and Resistance franchises are Sony owned...meaning that they'll always be exclusive unless bought out.

This is seriously old news...
    Even a bigger fail for the OP then.

I believe they can't buy the publishing rights from Sony anyway, and even if they could, they wouldn't sell them (like Microsoft with ME1).

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Crocodile Hunter

Even a bigger fail for the OP then.

stop being so negative, I wasnt thinking clearly and read people comments and am confused over the whole situation -.-

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

stop being so negative, I wasnt thinking clearly and read people comments and am confused over the whole situation -.-
    Well dude spreading rumors like this online is serious business. Give people the wrong idea and then it'll be a shit-storm.

Crocodile Hunter

Well dude spreading rumors like this online is serious business. Give people the wrong idea and then it'll be a shit-storm.
    well its not a rumor they did split, and i didnt say it happened i asked if it was true and if any1 had more info on it

Sig by Apokolypz

Kiwi Defender

"Oh no, a game developer is thinking like a business and wants to create games for more than one platform so they can grow bigger! It's the end of the world!!!11"

Toggle Spoiler

Crocodile Hunter

I never once said how dare they go multiplatform, i have not even commented on the situation be it good or bad all i asked was if any1 knew about it....why dnt you try removing the pole from out of ur ass before you comment sarcastically or negatively mate

Sig by Apokolypz

The One and Only

"Oh no, a game developer is thinking like a business and wants to create games for more than one platform so they can grow bigger! It's the end of the world!!!11"
    The world's ending as we know it

Anyway the only reason why I'm not in complete support for it id because I like PS3 Exclusive games. When they're multiplatform, the XBox 360/PC versions tend to be better than the PS3. I'm a bit selfish when it comes to this

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Kiwi Defender

I never once said how dare they go multiplatform, i have not even commented on the situation be it good or bad all i asked was if any1 knew about it....why dnt you try removing the pole from out of ur ass before you comment sarcastically or negatively mate
    I don't know how you guys roll on Australia (or maybe it's just you), but where I'm at, we don't live with poles up our asses.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Anyway the only reason why I'm not in complete support for it id because I like PS3 Exclusive games. When they're multiplatform, the XBox 360/PC versions tend to be better than the PS3. I'm a bit selfish when it comes to this
    The PC versions are always superior anyway.

Toggle Spoiler

Crocodile Hunter

Nagflar your an idiot just stop commenting if you wanna be a moron

Sig by Apokolypz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast