Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheaters

This is a discussion on Cheaters within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Does Sony ban users who glitch trophies like microsoft did? If so, there will be some interesting shake ups to ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Cheaters

Does Sony ban users who glitch trophies like microsoft did? If so, there will be some interesting shake ups to the leaderboards... a lot of people have completed SOCOM: Confrontation in less than 3 minutes.

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by spankynspronkle View Post
    Does Sony ban users who glitch trophies like microsoft did? If so, there will be some interesting shake ups to the leaderboards... a lot of people have completed SOCOM: Confrontation in less than 3 minutes.
    No, This has been talked about before.

Lvl 9 - Gold

idk if they would they would loose a ton of money since alot of people do this.maybe for the ps4. they could ban people who have jailbroken trophies which less people have (no i dont have any jailbroken trophies or ps3 nor will i ever)

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by spankynspronkle View Post
    When did M$ start having trophies

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I know ex friend who hack SOCOM

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by stevencrowson View Post
    ps3 trophies & xbox achievements are the same

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Digital Terror

Quote Originally Posted by stevencrowson View Post
    they have achievements

No Matter What

Can't you guys see that he's poking fun at the OP for saying M$ has trophies, instead of saying achievements?

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Vive La Révelation!

People should be ban for hack trophies in my opinion!
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Would someone be able to explain to me what "trophy hacking" means? How does someone "hack trophies" and how do you know if a plat is legit or not?

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    Would someone be able to explain to me what "trophy hacking" means? How does someone "hack trophies" and how do you know if a plat is legit or not?
    i dont know exaclty what it means its just basicly getting a plat in a few minutes.its not hard to tell if the time stamps are close then it means its save hacked. if the trophy doesnt have a timestamp then its jailbroken

Now this is Podracing

People can either edit save games and unlock every trophy for the game pretty much just by starting it up, which is what the SOCOM one is (also for Pure and a few others.)
    Another way is by using other peoples game saves. eg The person uses the save game of another person who is say 1 item off a collectible trophy, then they only need to go find one, instead of whatever the trophy actually says.
    And another is also done by editing the save game. For example I see you have the MW2 plat. I know theres one where if you change your save game, and completed the first level on recruit, it counts as beating it on veteran.

Knowing if a plat is legit or not can be easy sometimes because if you look at the time the trophies were earned (such as for SOCOM) they would all have been earned within a few minutes of each other

Now this is Podracing

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    . if the trophy doesnt have a timestamp then its jailbroken
    Not necassarily. When the system update for trophies came, but you had not previously connected your ps3 to the net, then any new game had the update on the disc. This way your ps3 could allow you to get trophies, but the time wasnt recorded. (This happened to me with the first few games I owned. If you look at Borderlands on my list not all have times.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by DilBurger View Post
    People can either edit save games and unlock every trophy for the game pretty much just by starting it up, which is what the SOCOM one is (also for Pure and a few others.)
    Another way is by using other peoples game saves. eg The person uses the save game of another person who is say 1 item off a collectible trophy, then they only need to go find one, instead of whatever the trophy actually says.
    And another is also done by editing the save game. For example I see you have the MW2 plat. I know theres one where if you change your save game, and completed the first level on recruit, it counts as beating it on veteran.

Knowing if a plat is legit or not can be easy sometimes because if you look at the time the trophies were earned (such as for SOCOM) they would all have been earned within a few minutes of each other
    Wow. I can't believe people actually do that. Can anyone see the point in hacking trophies? Is it better for those people to have bigger numbers on there trophy cards than to actually plat a game legit and enjoy it.

Also like you said a few of my earlier games don't have times recorded on them because of the trophy update. I always wondered why that happened.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well I don't know about hacked games, but I myself got one plat in not the most orthodox way. I played FUEL a lot, like really a lot. When I got to about 40% of the game - I just couldn't win anymore races, no matter what car / tactic / approach i try, nothing worked, so I gave up, and then saw some crap on the internet about this game not having save protection, so I got a save and then when I started the game up trophies just started showering (felt weird and naughty). It was a bad thing to do cause I still couldn't win any race, that game is just way too hard for me, even though I loved the first 40% of it.

Thankfully I don't hunt trophies anymore, and my sins may never be forgiven but I don't think that I harmed anyone by it (except maybe people who got the plat legit) and I'm not in any front of any leaderboard neither. Now people who sit under duck and hakoom are taking it way too deeply.

Local Drunk

Wow. I can't believe people actually do that. Can anyone see the point in hacking trophies? Is it better for those people to have bigger numbers on there trophy cards than to actually plat a game legit and enjoy it.

Also like you said a few of my earlier games don't have times recorded on them because of the trophy update. I always wondered why that happened.
    Exactly mate, you'd have to be pretty lame to want to hack trophies.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think hacking trophies is just sad...Why do that? I myself enjoy hunting trophies because they add a challenge to the game. I would prefer to leave a game at 0% than hack it...I do not care much but its annoying to see people hacking LBP2, MGS2 etc and be higher in the trophy line-up than i am. Anyways, banning or at least warning some of them could make a difference.

Sinner and Saint

Trophy hackers shouldn't be banned. I personally don't care who hacks and who doesn't, I don't agree with it but it doesn't set me off either. If that's what gets them off, more power to them. Why would anyone even suggest banning someone for hacking something that has no value? That's a dumb suggestion. Those people still have to buy the game, rent the game, or download the game they are hacking (Unless they borrow from a friend) so it's not like they're stealing anything or harming anyone. I personally, enjoy collecting trophies because it's just one of my many, many favorite hobbies but I'm not going to tell someone else what they can or can't do with their game. The only way I think a banning should be implemented is if Sony ever decides to start actually rewarding people with stuff based on trophy/platinum count, which is probably a slim possibility, especially on the current console.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

PRO Member

I don't want them banned from PSN, but it would be nice if they would be banned from trophy leaderboards on sites like this one.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

worlds biggest welch fan

They should at least get herpes.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast