completionest or trophy hunter

This is a discussion on completionest or trophy hunter within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i dont know what to call myself i love getting trophies but i m not much of a completionet unless ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

completionest or trophy hunter

i dont know what to call myself i love getting trophies but i m not much of a completionet unless its for game i like. what r u comlpetionest or a trophy/platinum trophy hunter
    ( im not just talking about games with trophies but games from past geneations)

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I consider myself a trophy hunter, but I used to be a completionist. I had the 360 when I first started to collect and I was determined to spend countless hours boosting, which was annoying now that I look back. Now I will play a game just for fun and not concern myself with trophies unless I will have a good time obtaining them.

Gotham's Reckoning

I consider myself to be a competionest as I never like to leave a game finished. I only consider a game to be fully completed when I have both the plat and 100%.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

For myself, I would say that I'm a completionest to a point... I will only complete a game if it's one that I really like...but sometimes I like to leave a few unfinished to play a new one because I can always come back to it later

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    For myself, I would say that I'm a completionest to a point... I will only complete a game if it's one that I really like...but sometimes I like to leave a few unfinished to play a new one because I can always come back to it later
    Same here.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Platinum Dohvakiin

I'm more a hunter than a completionest. With 17 plats out of 74 games with trophies. I could really care less about completing all of my games. I only play games for fun. When it stops being fun and starts being a chore or just boring. The game goes on the shelf. I may come back to it later.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm definitely a completionist. Even if I don't really like the game I feel compelled to finish it. It's particularly annoying for me with FPS games - my husband loves them and likes me to try them, then I have to finish, even though I suck at FPS stuff and it takes month!

If I love the game, I'll do everything, even if it hasn't got trophies (e.g. been everywhere, done everything in Oblivion) or if there aren't trophies for what I consider 'unfinished' (e.g. getting all the skill points in R&C Crack in Time). Of course, being a completionist does tend to mean you get all the trophies anyway, even though I always need multiple plays to get the hard/extra hard difficulty ones!

Crocodile Hunter

this is exactly like the are you a trophy hunter or whore thread

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

I have been on the fence between these. I tend to fall off the fence to one side and climb back on it only to fall off on the other side; and the cycle continues.

I want a higher completion % and strive for it however, I also weigh the reward against the investment. If a single trophy is going to be extremely frustrating or take me a long time I will tend to skip it and move on to something else (this totally depends on how much I like the game also). For example, I purchased the Dante's Inferno DLC packs to get my % higher (plus the game was pretty cool as I remember). I now have only 1 trophy left for the 100% but, it's going to be really tough and time consuming (and I don't really like the Trial mode play experience). I have conceded that I don't think I want to invest what it's going to take at this point.

I have - to this point - avoided playing BS games just for quick/easy trophies. I don't know if i'll ever decide to go for these; it's tempting to do them to boost my # of Plats but, it just feels a little cheap. I guess only time will tell.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    this is exactly like the are you a trophy hunter or whore thread
    I wouldn't necessarily say Exact... it's very similar for sure. I honestly like the wording of this thread better.

Regional Manager of War

Both Hunter/Completionist

I enjoy collecting all the trophies for the games I play and I don't turn my back on a challenge no matter what. I have played some "whore" games but I had fun playing them, Terminator, Captain America, and Green Lantern are perfect examples of games with easy trophies but I had a ton of fun playing them. I won't play games like CSI, Ice Age, MegaMind, NCIS, Kung Fu Panda, Alone in the Darl and many others because I have no interest in them. If the DLC is pointless in a game I refuse to buy it just for the trophies I need to be interested in it, So far that has not been the case with any of my games
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 12-08-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

A little bit of both, trophy hunter in me go for easy targets while the comepletionist in me aim for 100% awesome games .
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Legend...Nuff Said

Trophy Hunter...to a point. I'll only buy and try to plat games I like and want to play. I'm not going to buy or even play a game I don't want/like just to get a trophy.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

The One and Only

I'm more of a trophy hunter, but I've already started to lose interest in trophies. Maybe it's the games I'm playing. :/

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0