Help reverting randomly changed PSN ID

This is a discussion on Help reverting randomly changed PSN ID within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I'm probably going to look a dunce when someone says this has an easy solution... About a month ago ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Help reverting randomly changed PSN ID

So I'm probably going to look a dunce when someone says this has an easy solution...

About a month ago I had to do a password reset on my PSN ID, and it changed my PSN ID at the same time without asking me(used to be Angua, now AnguaWolf which is the first half of my sign-in email). I've checked the 'My account' settings on the PS3 and the only thing I can't change is my ID, so I can't figure out how to revert it to my original ID.

[Not that it's the end of the world - I'm still on my friends' contact lists and I've updated the online ID here so I can update my trophies, but it's still bugging me and on the off-chance anyone on here sends me a friend request for boosting then the different name may be confusing]

Anyway, if anyone can tell me how to change the ID back I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

sorry but you can't change IDs

Threat

Yeah, there are no ways to change your ID name. I'd recommend calling Sony about the problem.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks Rocky and Alec. Not worth the hassle of calling Sony to sort it out (though I sort of want to know how the hell it happened in the first place if IDs can't change!)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thread closed.