Problems with 2011 Games

This is a discussion on Problems with 2011 Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So as we all know this year alot of games came out, but for wat reason? Was it just so ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Problems with 2011 Games

So as we all know this year alot of games came out, but for wat reason? Was it just so they could see how many games they could squeeze into one year so they could do half assed jobs and we wouldn't notice. Well guess what i noticed and here's what im talking about:

So I've been playing Assassins Creed Revelations and just got the WSOD (White Screen of Death) i was 60% into the game and it froze ( note: its been freezing since day one among other things) so i had to manually restart my ps3 when i booted it back up surprise surprise the WSOD, now i cant load up my story mode at all. And their is no way in hell im going to replay the whole story mode again. What the hell is up with Devs these days I've been having problems with ACR since day one. Stop rushing ur games make sure you fully test them goddamn it. I for one know that games will not mind waiting an extra month or two just make sure the game works properly we dont care if the game is released 11-11-11 just give us a working game. This year has had a slew of games that are just full of bugs and shitty gameplay (DBZ Ultimate, Brink, Rage, Skyrim, Batman, Uncharted 3, ACR, CoD3). My Skyrim isn't even working at all so i said lets focus of ACR, but now i have nothing to play. I never had this many problem with AC1,AC2, or ACB so WTF god 2011 was full of games that were full of glitchs fuck.

P.s. i know there were some jewels in 2011 like Dark Souls perfect game and a few others.

PRO Member

Sorry to hear about your experience with ACR. I haven't played alot of the games you have mentioned but did get Uncharted 3 day 1 and had to trouble at all with it and played it through 3 times.

I understand what your saying though. As I would wait a bit longer if it promised the game was going to work properly.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

The Girl Gamer

Sucks that you are going through all that. I haven't bought any of the new games that just came out, but I rather wait for the prices to go down and plus by then they should have added a patch to fix all the bugs. It's the reason why I don't buy games on the same day it's released cause you will mostly encounter bugs and glitches and you have to wait for the patch to be released to download it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I agree with you, i haven't yet played Revelations, but was looking forward to it. Skyrim has given me quite a few problems and i can't even finish some of the important quests for trophies due to incoherent NPC's. I feel your pain, and just hope the developers help us gamers out with a fix for these bugs, but my guess would be they don't give a shit anymore since we already purchased their game..... how unfortunate.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I've bought rage, skyrim, ACR & MW3. Luckily i haven't experienced anywhere near your level of bugs/glitches.

Rage and MW3 work perfect for me. I haven't run into any problems with those games. ACR had some minor things (Guards popping up right in front of you) but nothing game breaking or even very distracting. Skyrim is a whole 'nother beast but aside from the lag I haven't really encountered anything game breaking. Its even only froze on me once.

I understand your frustration especially when you run into a problem as big as your ACR one. I doubt its due to the amount of games being released in a given timeframe.

The One and Only

I wasn't able to buy but four games from this year, and three of them were pretty good. Those games are LittleBigPlanet 2, Brink (meh), inFamous 2, and Need for Speed: The Run. Other games I got were from borrowing, PSN games from a couple years ago, and the Welcome Package.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

Wow some of the games you mentioned are hard to believe that they had problems like that. IDK what happened with ACR for you. I have never heard of that happening to anyone. The only game that I have had problems with is Skyrim. Froze on me 7 times so far.

Sig by Bladia

Huge Gaming Backlog

It's like the devs are saving time and money on testers for the games. They probably think it's better to get a game out there with millions of people to test it then fix the bugs/glitches. It might good for them but it sux for us gamers.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Kiwi Defender

Well, you'll have to just man up and start from scratch. Sitting there and telling the devs to go fuck themselves won't solve anything. If you wish to protest against their half-assed games, then vote with your wallet and don't buy their new releases next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I wasn't able to buy but four games from this year, and three of them were pretty good. Those games are LittleBigPlanet 2, Brink (meh), inFamous 2, and Need for Speed: The Run. Other games I got were from borrowing, PSN games from a couple years ago, and the Welcome Package.
    And how is that related to the OP's problems ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.