Official Xbox Magazine: “US-Based Valve Voice Actor Is Doing Voice Work On Half-Life: Episode 3″?*|*LambdaGeneration

Up until today, it seemed like the existence of Half-Life 3 still remained just a mere myth. There is still no solid evidence to indicate Valve is actively developing the game, or even planning on revealing it any time soon. Sure, maybe we’ve got some stuff here and there, but mostly, Half-Life 3 is practically non-existent to us. But today, on the 9th of December, Anno Domini 2011, International Anti-Corruption Day, and John Malkovich’s birthday, we might finally have something substantial on the Half-Life front.

Official Xbox Magazine says a US-based “Valve voice actor” told them that they had recently recorded lines for a “Half-Life: Episode 3″. They have no other sources and nothing more substantial than that. Nor do they mention if the source is reliable or credible in any way. They say that the structure of the title (“Half-Life: Episode 3″, and NOT ”Half-Life 3″ or “Half-Life 2: Episode Three”) may be a mistake on the unnamed voice actor’s part, rather than a confirmation of the identity of the next Half-Life game, and they have apparently requested further clarification on the game’s title from this source. They also speculate that HL3 might be a top-secret reveal at the Spike VGA’s tomorrow, and they conclude the article by stating that they have contacted Valve and asked them for comment.

So, what do we think about all this stuff? At this point, it’s honestly not worth thinking anything about this business. I’ve burned through my supplies of salt, so I am just going to lie down for a bit… and bolt myself to the bed. If anyone comes by, tell them I’m on vacation. In Mongolia. No, no – say I’m on vacation. In Kyrgyzstan. And Mongolia. Don’t mention Kosovo, though. The Interpol probably has some microphones lying around here. Also, if any ladies come in, make sure they’re not secretly working for the Interpol. Or the Europol (those guys really want to talk to me about that damn Kosovo thing). If they aren’t, just go ahead and send them in.

Oh, and yeah, don’t get TOO excited for the VGA’s. This isn’t the first time we’ve been let down. Just keep cautiously optimistic. Worst case scenario, they don’t announce it, but you get to watch Valve clear house and take home all the awards. Oh, and the Wheatley augmented realit short. So, it’s still win-win, except austerity measures have sort of cut down on the first “win”. Because of the Eurocrisis and all.

Valve will make a good appearance at the VGA's Via a Little AR Short for Portal 2. besides that there's major reveals and the Big one they are showing off thats a ps3 exclusive obviously isn't it (Even though Geoff Basically Described what valve was when it comes to trailers without saying their name, Valve would basically turn back on their fanbase if they announce EP3 as a PS3 Exclusive)

combine that with the Half life 3 shirt that was seen on a valve employee at a Game Developer meeting earlier this month and you either have valve fucking with it's fanbase or a announcement eminent.