Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Metal Gear Rising Leaked - The definition of awesome

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Rising Leaked - The definition of awesome within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by cocoasg Konami and Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish)? Yes, please! Raiden and Vamp fighting against each other yet ...

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Konami and Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish)? Yes, please! Raiden and Vamp fighting against each other yet again? Yes, please! This game is actually not canon, as confirmed by a Konami spokesperson (I cannot remember the source), and there is no harm in Kojima experimenting with new angles to the Metal Gear Solid universe. Who would not want to play as Raiden himself in all his ninja glory?

So stop complaining about the derivation of this game from the Metal Gear Solid tactical espionage gameplay. It will be a whole new gameplay experience for us Metal Gear fans, not people who claim the series is "ruined". Remember, it is not canon at all.
    ^^This!!^^ Loved Bayonetta and Vanquish, so this will be interesting. Will be reserving this as soon as I can!

INTJ

Konami and Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish)? Yes, please! Raiden and Vamp fighting against each other yet again? Yes, please! This game is actually not canon, as confirmed by a Konami spokesperson (I cannot remember the source), and there is no harm in Kojima experimenting with new angles to the Metal Gear Solid universe. Who would not want to play as Raiden himself in all his ninja glory?

So stop complaining about the derivation of this game from the Metal Gear Solid tactical espionage gameplay. It will be a whole new gameplay experience for us Metal Gear fans, not people who claim the series is "ruined". Remember, it is not canon at all.

as i said

the game's story takes place after MGS4.

In Metal gear solid games the only thing worth caring about is story. Gameplay is nice bonus.

Game ruined.

PRO Member

Yeah it looked sexy. But... umm, Revengeance? Whathafuck?

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

PRO Member

hmmmm looks awesome but when will we see it in stores finally ?

Lvl 9 - Gold

The trailer looks really fun, if ridiculously over the top. I'd just about given up all hope of Rising ever coming to pass, so I'm pleased that we're finally getting a new look at the game. It'll definitely have much more of an emphasis on action than the MGS games - I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that stealth won't actually play a large part in this game...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    The Game takes place after MGS4

Series ruined
    Yeah, that's disappointing. I was hoping they'd show what happened to Raiden after MGS2 and before MGS4, not this.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

still know release window? looks nice and all but i want to know when to expect this game

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    still know release window? looks nice and all but i want to know when to expect this game
    If I had to guess. I'd say late 2012-early 2013.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    If I had to guess. I'd say late 2012-early 2013.
    maybe but taking into consideration of how long it takes for japanese studios to make games, probably have to add another 2-3 years to make a 6 year development cycle

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    maybe but taking into consideration of how long it takes for japanese studios to make games, probably have to add another 2-3 years to make a 6 year development cycle
    I doubt it, specially because the game originally had a release date of 2011.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

MGS games have, for the most part, traditionally been released three years apart:

MGS1 - 1998
    MGS2 - 2002
    MGS3 - 2005
    MGS4 - 2008
    MGSR - 2011 (intended to be)

I'd guess that Rising will see release before the end of 2012. I probably won't be suprised if it doesn't, but that's my guess.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I'm not one to pass judgement on a game having seen so little but, Rising looks shit.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    I'm not one to pass judgement on a game having seen so little but, Rising looks shit.
    Shit like, is the shit or not good?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by iraqoz View Post
    The combat-system looks like "Genji" and WHERE THE HELL IS SNAKE ????

You right about the difficulity og NG3 have maybe (we only saw the unfinished product we really dont know how many difficulities there will be in the finished product) STILL I dont think any other H&S games released in 2012 will reach to the standard of NG3 not even close IMO.
    Your opinion is awesome because even with NG3 being tamed down no Hack n slash game can keep up with the fast paced action and difficulty of a NG game. Hell even NGS2 was nerfed in difficulty but still harder than any other game released in this generation hands down. I am stocked for NG3 and that emo looking Dante can suck it because I prefer Ryu Hayabusa any day

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

That looks batshit insane! Which isn't quite as insane as Shadows Of The Damned or Bayonetta but still!

I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear games and while this isn't MGS, it is looking like an exciting title and with Platinum involved? SOLD

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    That looks batshit insane! Which isn't quite as insane as Shadows Of The Damned or Bayonetta but still!

I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear games and while this isn't MGS, it is looking like an exciting title and with Platinum involved? SOLD
    Pretty much Doom's reaction as well.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

"In the December 2011 issue of PlayStation Official Magazine UK, Hideo Kojima said Metal Gear Solid: Rising is "moving forward". Kojima told the magazine that Rising remains significantly different to existing Metal Gear games, although he has retained an element of control over it and won't let it stray too far from the series' roots.[24] He stated that "If somebody thinks 'I love Snake' and just really wants traditional stealth gameplay and that experience, then it may be hard to get into Rising, but for people who are more open and willing to try new things, it shouldn't be a problem."
    Listen to the man himself. For those still insisting on sticking true to the Metal Gear Solid franchise, look at the name of this game again: Metal Gear RISING. It is a totally new franchise set in the Metal Gear universe, and with Kojima himself approving of this, what can go wrong? Nope. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Kiwi Defender

Listen to the man himself. For those still insisting on sticking true to the Metal Gear Solid franchise, look at the name of this game again: Metal Gear RISING. It is a totally new franchise set in the Metal Gear universe, and with Kojima himself approving of this, what can go wrong? Nope. =3
    Many things. Metal Gear is still Metal Gear, with or without "Solid" next to it.

Again, I am skeptical about this, but I'll hope for the best.

Toggle Spoiler

Banned

I thought it was going to be more hardcore.
    Like you can kill people with 1 slice and they can kill you with 1 slice.
    It's a f*cking blade that cuts sh*t in half, but you start hacking and slashing away a human flesh like it is f*cking steel???
    WTF is this sh*t!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Honestly i have never played MSG and after seeing this im jumping on the bandwagon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast