Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Spike VGA 2011 - Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Spike VGA 2011 - Discussion Thread within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was hoping Joker would win! ;D...

Lvl 4 - Silver

I was hoping Joker would win! ;D

No Matter What

Skyrim wins GOTY! Well deserved win.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Holy shit. The Humbling River by Puscifer is in the world premiere for the new Transformers game. My pants have been shat.

That trailer definitely got my attention, can't wait to see more.
    Totally agree. The game itself looked eh, but I heard the song and said "No way!"
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Apotheon, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

No Matter What

Wow, that Metal Gear Rising trailer blew my mind.

Happy Tree Friends

Classic Rap Fans

ExDesigns

|Sig by Dare|

Yankees And Packers <3

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Wow, that Metal Gear Rising trailer blew my mind.
    yea it looked but what was the super secret

Scotch and Pain Killers

The Rising trailer had me picking my jaw up off the floor. Incredible.

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by Flame808 View Post
    yea it looked but what was the super secret
    I'm pretty sure Last of Us was the super duper secret.

Happy Tree Friends

Classic Rap Fans

ExDesigns

|Sig by Dare|

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Holy shit. The Humbling River by Puscifer is in the world premiere for the new Transformers game. My pants have been shat.

That trailer definitely got my attention, can't wait to see more.
    generic song from what i heard.

also looks boring.

And i am a major transformer fan.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i cant believe i missed it all! i gotta go find an uploaded recording now

INTJ

also Portal 2 Won the most awards, like it should be.

Valve quality best quality. Knew Skyrim was going to be GOTY though, has a way bigger mainstream appeal.

Yankees And Packers <3

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    I'm pretty sure Last of Us was the super duper secret.
    i sure hope not

Lvl 3 - Bronze

the secret about Metal Gear Solid: Rising, is that its now Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Very mehable overall for trailers, especially compared to last year in which there were more surprises, and better trailers.

The Good: The Last of Us being shown as a Naughty Dog title, with an impressive dynamic of showing a girl who is a product of her environment, and leaves tons of room for character background and development and exposition from the masters of storytelling this generation.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron had arguably, the best done trailer of the night and really showed how to do a hype-up trailer, by showing a situation that makes you want to see more, and exposing characters that you want to know what happens next.

Bioshock Infinite showing that the sky can be just as desolate of a place as the bottom of the ocean, and a really interesting way of storytelling with Elizabeth being an interesting addition and way of telling the story of Columbia and how it got the way it is. Also one of the few trailers that showed some game play.

The Bad: I already touched on The Amazing Spiderman which seems to completely ignore what makes Batman: Arkham City so resonant with fans, by exposing the world, the villains, and put it into a world that fits the character. Instead we get a generic giant robot boss with very few elements of that make it feel like a Spiderman game aside from the webslinger himself.

I might get shit for this, but Blizzard knows how to make beautiful trailers, that often have little to nothing to do with the game. The trailer was nice, beautiful and had the points that let you know it's a Diablo game, but very little that show you this is going to be Diablo III, it could have been a trailer for the original game for the content it showed.

The Mass Effect 3 trailer really confused the hell out of me. If the game is supposed to take place on Earth, why is Shepard summoning sandworms that look like they came from Beetlejuice? The gameplay shown seemed like a lame transition scene to a set piece. It showed some characters that we know, but didn't really build or show anything that even came close to the footage shown at E3. It just seemed like a bad summer flick spoof.

The unsure about: Fortnite looked unique, and seemed very Minecraft-like, in the aspect of you having to find materials and make a shelter from the scary things out there before night falls. I am curious as to how it will work, and what Epic Games will do with it. The cartoony graphics didn't seem to hot to me, but I'll wait for game play before I make a judgment.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (which is what the graphic showed, although media outlets and Kojima himself called it Metal Gear Solid Rising, so the name itself is confusing as all hell) looked ridiculously over the top, but at the same time impractical, and strange. I like Platinum Games as a developer, but I don't know how I feel about them doing a project like MGR:R which is going to have to deliver some pretty heavy story about Raiden, how he got the way he is, and how he is going to get revenge that needs to avoid being campy. Not to mention this isn't the first time this game got revealed, and at this point I am not sure what to expect, or what to hype for anymore since there has been very little positive about the game so far.

The rest, either didn't resonate with me or didn't do anything to make me say, "oh I should play that" aside from Alan Wake: American Nightmare, which looked interesting, but so different from the original, and seeing how this is a PS3 forum, isn't the place to go off about, but would fall into the unsure category at this point as well.

Overall, the show was worse than last year's which had trailers that left us talking and wanting for weeks and months. The awards are fairly meaningless to the consumer, so they didn't mean anything to me, since I tuned in only for the trailers. Pretty crappy show overall, to me, with minimal highlights.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I hate watching the show, so painful & annoying / hard to watch with others around. That's how bad but anyways, I am so STOKED for Generals 2. It is my favorite C&C besides RA2 / YR but I just hope this one doesn't get messed up this one up like the RA3 & C&C universe.. overall can't wait & I'm glad the franchise is back BUT not so sure about Bioware being in charge (tank romance?, jk)but it's still better than the last crew that worked on C&C4,. As for MGS:Rising.. I expected as much shame. I almost wanted to cry, thank god for MGS3 being a HD remake now. I'll stick with that.
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 12-10-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The Playboy Wikipedia

I loved that Transformers: Fall of Cybertron trailer. I got a little giddy inside, knowing that Bruticus will be in it (he's my second favourite Transformers combiner).
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

The Girl Gamer

I like The Last of Us trailer and can't wait to see more about this game. I'll be looking out for this game.

Now I hate Metal Gear Rising. That game looks like a piece of crap and over the top. Really? Raiden can pick up a Metal Gear Ray and toss it? I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call it a Metal Gear game. Looks like they gave up the stealth and put it more as a hack n' slash game instead. Very disappointed.

PRO Member

The Last of Us trailer was awesome only thing I'm hoping for is it doesn't turn out to be like Dead Island... Awesome trailer, horrible game. Although I have never talked badly about a Naughty Dog game. I'm am really looking forward to The Last of Us!

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Ghost Assassin

Damn, I missed it at 8pm;Less BF3 for me! I'm watching it right now; started about the time they showed the last of us trailer. It looks pretty good. The 2 things that automatically got me excited: 1. PS3 Exclusive 2. Naughty Dog is making it.

PRO Member

"The Last of Us" really caught my attention cant wait to hear more about it

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Lvl 4 - Silver

How come I didn't see anything about Darksiders 2, Tony Hawk or Hitman? Or did I just miss it? lol :stare:

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast