Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long you've had a PS3 Vs. The number of Plats

This is a discussion on How long you've had a PS3 Vs. The number of Plats within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys ive been wondering after seeing people with 50+ platinums, i wonder how long they have had a ps3. ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

How long you've had a PS3 Vs. The number of Plats

Hey guys ive been wondering after seeing people with 50+ platinums, i wonder how long they have had a ps3. So what does your PS3 time vs. platinums look like?

I got my PS3 back in Mid-June and I just got my 25th Plat yesterday!

Legalize it...

Bought PS3 in April of 09, got first plat in February of 2010. Have 38 total...

Royal Flush X2

Got my PS3 in March 09 but I didn't start trophy hunting until Dec 09 so in 2 years I got 89

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Bought my PS3 in december 2009 if I remember well. Got 27 platinums now.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by industry18 View Post
    Hey guys ive been wondering after seeing people with 50+ platinums, i wonder how long they have had a ps3. So what does your PS3 time vs. platinums look like?

I got my PS3 back in Mid-June and I just got my 25th Plat yesterday!
    that's a pretty good pace!

i got my first PS3 in May 2007, so i guess i've had one for over four years now.

however, i did not care AT ALL about trophies for the first 1.5-2 years. in fact when a trophy would pop i'd literally think "wow what is that? that's annoying. maybe i can turn it off".

so i suppose i've been actually trying to earn trophies off and on for two-ish years and i have 88 plats.

Regional Manager of War

Well I got a long story for all you boys and girls, lets see I got my first PS3 back in July, 2007 as a birthday gift. It got a YLOD 13 months later right before the trophy patch . I waited for a price drop a year later and decided to play my 360 for a year instead. I than got a new PS3 August 2009 but did not begin trophy hunting until Oct 2010 and got hit with a perma ban May 2011 for having a "offensive" PSN ID . I made this new account back in May 17, 2011 but did not officially start trophy hunting till mid June which means 6 months I have 28 plats , I don't count Terminator and Trivial Pursuit. I aim for perfection so every game needs a plat no matter the difficulty. In the future I do aim for "harder" plats for games I enjoy because If I am not having fun and it fells like a chore it isn't worth playing or getting the plat
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 12-11-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

This summer, and school explain my trophies.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 2 - Bronze

19 platinums since June 2009

MK Plat = Overrated

Bought a broken PS3 and fixed it up in December 2010. Like antoniosbandana I didn't care about trophies. I was just excited about getting a PS3 and couldn't wait to play Super Street Fighter 4 and GOW III. Little did I know, I had chosen one of the hardest games to plat (SSF4). I started trophy whoring about six months ago. I think getting the Plat in GOW I gave me the bug.

Edit:
    Oh yea, so 10 in six months. Possibly my 11th tonight if I can get the last four trophies for Sports Champions (another super hard plat).
    Last edited by prarpin; 12-11-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Its been a year since i started playing ps3 and i currently have 28 plats.

The Girl Gamer

Got my PS3 on November 2010 and have 21 platinums.

The One and Only

Got a PS3 in March 2010 so right now 21 months. Only 14 plats really close to #15.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kiwi Defender

Got it on December 2007, and I've gotten 33 plats.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I got mine on the Slim launch, but I didn't have internet or a PSN ID, so when it broke I lost all my trophies. I've had this PSN ID since June 2010 and gotten 8 platinums...

Lvl 9 - Gold

i got a ps3 in august of 2009 ps3 got stolen didnt really start trophy collecting till frebuary of 2010 got 20 plats that year then in end of december i started a new account witch is the current one and i have gotten 52 plats.next year i plan to get more of the harder and more time consuming plats next year.so i dont think i will get another 50 or so plats next year.my goal is 55 for this year but i only got this week becuase i wount be on my ps3 during winter break. i dont think i will reach my goal

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've been playing on a PS3 for a little over 4 years now. I have 24 plats right now. There is probably a good 18 months in there where I didn't earn any trophies due to YLOD issues on my first PS3 and the limited trophy support for PS3 games before 2009. There are also quite a few games on my list that I just need to go back and the last few trophies I need for the plat, but I also have a backlog of games that takes precedent over that.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i got mine as a birthday gift in September 2008, then realized my sister (one who bought it) messed it up by making her psn on my master account, so when i got skate 2 on November 5 last year...well, my laptop broke soon after so my obsession began

as for platinums, i tried but kinda jump around...i have 9 now, and i'm definitely more determinated now i have a few i can be proud of =]
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

PRO Member

I got my PS3 on december 2007 and have 16 platinums and also made my PSN Account this summer

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Local Drunk

I've had my PS3 for 2 years this Sunday and I have just 1 platinum.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

2 years with 24 platinums. So that's 12 platinums a year (unless I can get another platinum by Christmas)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast