View Poll Results: Should they change the look of Platinum Edition games?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please

43 87.76%
  • No, your just mad

6 12.24%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Platinum editions, Is it just me...?

This is a discussion on Platinum editions, Is it just me...? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; It's annoying because most of the time you don't have a choice; for example, when I went to go pick ...

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

It's annoying because most of the time you don't have a choice; for example, when I went to go pick up heavy rain, I was given a Platinum case by default, even though I brought a ordinary cases to the counter
    I actually end up buying pre-owned copies so I know it won't have a platinum case

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted NO since it doesnt bother me at all unless your a game collector which im guessing you are than they do stand out like a sore thumb in your collection.

Legalize it...

Those cases are pretty ugly. I dont like having the red ones. But, you can always buy replacement PS3 clear cases from Best Buy/Amazon. You would still have the ugly cover art though...

Lvl 6 - Silver

The boxes for Platinum edition games are ugly we should take tips from America and have greatest hits boxes they look a whole lot better

Get bent...

I voted no because, at the end of the day, the ONLY thing that matters is the game inside the box.

I give less than a shit if the box has different artwork/color/etc.

Hell, I used to throw the boxes away and put all my games in a binder back when I had a large enough collection.

If you have OCD, then you at least have an excuse. Everyone else.....find a new hobby or something. Lol.
    Last edited by Twitch; 12-12-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yh Greatest Hits boxes are better, they have them in the UK stores aswell

Sig By Apokolypz

Threat

I had no idea they had platinum edition in UK (unlike greatest hits here in USA). I searched it up and it looks terrible!
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted yes, because no matter what country you live in, they all look like SHIT !!!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by crewe-fox View Post
    The boxes for Platinum edition games are ugly we should take tips from America and have greatest hits boxes they look a whole lot better
    Ye I looked up the ' greatest hits ' and they're not the best but they're a whole mile better than in the UK. I really don't know what they were thinking when they decided on the design for the plat editions...maybe they were stoned? As posted before I believe they should go for a see-through, quite-dark blue for the case and then cut out a bit of the black 'PS3' box at the top and put in a slim silvery line that reads 'platinum edition' or whatever. Oh well, I guess we're stuck with these pieces o' shite for quite a while. God help us when they decide on the cases for the PS4's plat editions/greatest hits! Sad story eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Buy my book, Alteration

They sure are ugly. Us U.S. peeps have our nice red casings, which I must say I prefer.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

Well i get the greatest hits cases here in the U.S which is a red ugly case that stands out from all my other games. I dont like them but they are cheap so that is why I consider buying them

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Lvl 1 - Bronze

agree!!! the colours are butt ugly and hurt ones eyes... but their strategy works... some people might buy a full price version just for the box art ^^ thnk u sony! u.u ps: i signed up just to comment on this one threat. THE DAMN PLATINUM COLOURS MADE ME DO IT! XD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brainbomb View Post
    agree!!! the colours are butt ugly and hurt ones eyes... but their strategy works... some people might buy a full price version just for the box art ^^ thnk u sony! u.u ps: i signed up just to comment on this one threat. THE DAMN PLATINUM COLOURS MADE ME DO IT! XD
    You might as well make an introduction thread, and the amount of welcomes you will get might convince you to stay on the site!
    Welcome to the site brainbomb, my brain too is a bomb and it's going to blow really soon!

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    You might as well make an introduction thread, and the amount of welcomes you will get might convince you to stay on the site!
    Welcome to the site brainbomb, my brain too is a bomb and it's going to blow really soon!
    I could have sworn you were banned...?

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Ice Cream Firefighter

If I get a platinum game which isn't very often at all I keep all the cases that the PSN cards come in as they are clear cases I swap it over & toss the platinum case out

yellow cases sucks worse than ours here in Aust we have silver cases but platinum has always sucked with playstation I hated platinum games on the PS1 & 2 like seriously you had to strip all the colour/color from the disk & give us a mirror to replace mad disk art not cool

metal cases annoy me as well I like them but would rather keep them safe for future value MW3, Batman AC preorders never came with plastic cases Uncharted 3 preorder case sucks balls for you have to slide the disk into it's place risking scratching it & infamous 2 limited edition don't even sit in my DVD rack properly its too thin & keeps falling down into the guts of my DVD holder which is why I now use a shelf instead

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

If I want the version with all the DLC included I'll buy a greatest hits version. I usually pick up an older used version from gamestop. If the case looks to be in bad shape I don't hesitate to ask for a different one. Then, when I go to trade the game in or return it within the 7 days I toss the old disk in the greatest hits case. They usually don't care.

Gotham's Reckoning

I'm very surprised that people hate the Platinum/Greatest Hits edition of a PS3/PS2/PSP game. I always thought I was the only one who though it looked incredibly ugly and avoid them at all cost.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

I don't care for either platinum cases or greatest hits editions. I would rather have the original black label copy

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 5 - Silver

Thats worse than the greatest hits packaging we have here.

Sig by Bladia

Rangers F.C

The only reason they are like that is to catch your eye in the shop , when you got one amongst your games at home it sticks out like fuck same thing , just to catch the eye if they did change it they would change it to something that did the same thing and you would probably hate that too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast