View Poll Results: Should they change the look of Platinum Edition games?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please

43 87.76%
  • No, your just mad

6 12.24%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Platinum editions, Is it just me...?

This is a discussion on Platinum editions, Is it just me...? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi i'd like to talk about the platinum editions of games. Am I alone in thinking that the platinum editions ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Platinum editions, Is it just me...?

Hi i'd like to talk about the platinum editions of games. Am I alone in thinking that the platinum editions look ghastly? For me they can easily transform great-looking box-art into an irritating eye-sore. A prime example for me is Assassins Creed 2. I thought the cover looked really great and thought it would look really neat along with my other games. So later on I ask my mate to get it for me. He buys the cheaper platinum edition and I'm very happy with it. But I honestly don't like the look of it thanks to that HORRIBLE yellow box. Yellow. Yellow! Seriously!? Whereas it should have taken the honours as one of my best-looking game covers, I am now hasty to shove it back down under my other games and keep it hidden. This may seem really pathetic but surely a platinum edition should mean that it looks awesome. Not cheap, not tacky and not ugly.I remember on the gamecube the platinum games would look really nice as it just simply had a slim silvery covering, no big yellow box that made the cover art even smaller. I think they really should address this and make a nicer cover. What are your views? And am I just mad!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

PRO Member

Platinum editions look fuck ugly, the US equivalent (Greatest Hits) look much better. I have Final Fantasy XIII, Tekken 6, and Just Cause 2 platinum editions and they all stick out so badly.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 4 - Silver

yeah it looks horrible, i only have 4 and they stick out horribly. they need too start making better platinum editions

Lvl 9 - Gold

Got platimum edition of GTA IV and battlefield bad company 2 the box art looks really ugly with the grey area around it and the yellow i agree.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I so get what you mean, Iīm ashmed of my fugly covers, UC1, UC2 , RC, RC crack in time. But I wanted to play them cheap without paying a fortune for the original covers thatīre either used or expensive in auction sites.

Actually it disturb me so much that I donīt buy games I want to play if I donīt get the original cover.
    Stupidest decision ever in gaming history if I may say, JUST PRINT THE NORMAL ONE AND NOT THE FUGLY STAMP.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Nope, nothing

Yeah I've always disliked the look of the 'Platinum' edition games, with the cover all shrunk...

I asked my girlfriend to pick up infamous 1 last year (I think) which she was out, she brought back the platinum edition

Local Drunk

I've only have 3 games (I think) with the ugly yellow on them. Definitely spoils the covers of the games.

Crocodile Hunter

yeah platinum cases suck, but it goes beyond that for me, it either hardcase/steelbook or the normal white see through case, ive picked up some games that have different colored cases like the special edition AC:R and it was black and just looked cheap so i told them to swap to a clear case for me

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

I ve only bought a couple of greatest hit editions so far so i guess here in Macau doesnt have platinum edition

Banned

I voted no just for the sake of being the minority.
    Now to go cut myself.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yeah i think the Platinum Edition with the grey and yellow color looks ugly... these color does not match at all
    i think they should re design the Platinum Editions

MK Plat = Overrated

LOL. I was wondering what you were talking about. I'm here in the States and we have a different, Greatest Hits, edition. I had to look up what you were talking about. Yea, that sure is ugly. You know, I think the Greatest Hits cover ruins the cover art as well. I hate that red band around the frame. I do have to admit though, that gold is way more fugly that ours.
    One solution: You could always print out the original on semi-glossy paper. I've been tempted to do that a time or two.

O_o

I'm in the US, so it's 'Greatest Hits', but I absolutely agree they're an eye-sore among all those nice clear case games. I have and will pay more for an older clear case version than a greatest hits version.

Much like this guy.

Last edited by ERICVOLTAGE; 08-15-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Lvl 7 - Gold

the box is not nice, but i dont considere that much, i am more into the game than theb ox

PRO Member

Here's a suggestion to Sony: For these platinum editions, change the case colour to blue (Same as Blu-ray cases), at least then the case will have some relevance to Platinum (The PSN trophy that is) and if you have to change the cover art, add a small header at the top saying platinum edition, not too big though that it interferes with the game's original cover. I'd probably like platinum editions a lot more if they did this.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 4 - Silver

[QUOTE=ERICVOLTAGE;100032]I'm in the US, so it's 'Greatest Hits', but I absolutely agree they're a recall I sore among all those nice clear case games. I have and will pay more for an older clear case version than a greatest hits version.

Much like this guy.[QUOTE]

Haha, that man is my idol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Here's a suggestion to Sony: For these platinum editions, change the case colour to blue (Same as Blu-ray cases), at least then the case will have some relevance to Platinum (The PSN trophy that is) and if you have to change the cover art, add a small header at the top saying platinum edition, not too big though that it interferes with the game's original cover. I'd probably like platinum editions a lot more if they did this.
    This would look far better than the current ones basic yet enough to tell it apart from regular versions.. Im guessing there's no way to petition for sony to change it and I doubt they would with the life cycle of the console already but maybe for ps4 if they're still going to be using bluray to change the platinum editions or whatever they decide to call them.

MK Plat = Overrated

Oh yea, I love that guy too. That was a funny ass video. I never even noticed that the jewel cases were red too. Well, maybe I did but the cover art just distracts me the most.

Lvl 9 - Gold

it would be better if it was blue not yellow like platinum trophy colours

PRO Member

I refuse to buy them, they're fucking ugly! Whoever thought up the idea of them is clearly colorblind

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast