Dissapointing Game Companies - Yes Companies

This is a discussion on Dissapointing Game Companies - Yes Companies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So the year is soon over and we have all hopefully had a very enjoyable year. But some of us ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Dissapointing Game Companies - Yes Companies

So the year is soon over and we have all hopefully had a very enjoyable year. But some of us arenīt all that quite happy. Why? Because we feel like this year could have been light years better ( yes, it does not measure time but speed, let it slip, figure of speech, kay?).

Whoīs fault is it?
    Of course the game companies. Why them? I wanted to go with developers team but felt that companies represent a better whole as their decisions affect the end product.

So what game companies have made you disappointed this year?
    For me, I feel Crapcom, I mean Capcom. For years they delivered quality stuff, Iīm happy, they happy when they got my cash. Then suddenly it started right after the release of RE5. It was a good game but not on par with RE4. Then came monster hunter. Wasted alot of time on it and wanted MH3 on my HD screen. Got MF3 wii low res. Iīm not happy. But is all cool. Something I canīt forgive is how they butchered MVC3. OH SH!T , I changed pants 5 times after I saw the first trailers, YES SWEET HONEY BEE OF HELL. Then came gameplay. WTF? What with all the yellow hit effects? I canīt see sh!t with all that stupid comic filter style. WHERE ARE MY PIXELS? I WANT HANDRAWN, not some testsunoko vs caaappccooom. Hell, I hate them now with all those DLC bull and outsourcing their great titles ( DMC5.

Yours?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 9 - Gold

EA disappointed me by as far as i can tell pushing DICE to release Battlefield 3 way to early, they even said they had to make it console as main platform mid production due to time limitations, a PC based version would of been better for both worlds PC and Console gamers alike, there are quite alot of little things that dont work as well as they did in bad company 2, i mean interface and playability wise, i know they are from a different section of the series and should play differently accordingly but it would of been nice if they had of had the time to actually polish this game properly and have it released as they actually intended, its still a really nice game but i think if they had of given dice another 4-5 months they could of made it much better, Im sure they dropped a lot of content they wanted from the campaign and the Co-op as well as the proposed battle recorder for consoles.

Duke nukem forever was also a let down but i guess thats down to the thing changing hands so many times in production and then it getting picked up just to make some money basically. Gearbox software (afaik) were the ones to finish it off, so many other companys seemed to pick up the title and try to further it but didnt get it anywhere near duke Nukem 3D something seems to be missing from it sure it doesnt look that good but most people who liked the games wouldn't of been put off by just that it just doesn't play anything much like the older games.

If only 3D realms had of been able to do it all....

MK Plat = Overrated

I hear you on Capcom. They are notorious for repackaging crap. I got my PS3 after Super Street Fighter IV had been out. I thought, "Sweet. I get the upgraded version." But no! They had to come out with SSF IV: AE. WTF! And it isn't even a good DLC for $15. You get some balances and Yun and Yang and two freaking Dragonball Z characters. So not worth it.

I don't know the name of the development group that started the Star Wars: Battlefront games but, they broke up. I'm pissed at every single company out there who didn't pick up SW: BF3. I mean come on. That has a built in audience that will make any company millions if they would just pick up development. Even my 58 year old dad has played, and enjoyed, the BF games. Come on people.

The One and Only

EA. They have been disappointing for me the past few years. Also Splash Damage for making Brink a failure which now is dead.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Insomniac Games. They failed so hard with Resistance 3, and even worse with R&C A4O.

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    EA. They have been disappointing for me the past few years. Also Splash Damage for making Brink a failure which now is dead.
    Did you not like Battlefield 3 or Cryis 2 or the billion sports games?

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Did you not like Battlefield 3 or Cryis 2 or the billion sports games?
    Never played them.

And I lost interest in sports games after playing Madden 10

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

I ll say Capcom with its smart business plans doing re release games like SF4 DR2 MvC3 also RE $$$

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Yume, every damn thing you type just makes me smile! You have a brilliantly effed up way with words and i applaud you!

Anyway, on subject, assuming we are basing this on all time then i'm going for a two way tie between Activision and Capcom.

Activision helped bring Tony Hawk to videogames, that alone was the catalyst for a great game and several very good sequels,they did some other stuff like Spider-man games that didn't feel like slapping your fingers against a brick wall on a frosty day. however, the sheer feckton of cash Modern Warfare and Guitar Hero 3 brought in seemed to sway the company into the sea of idiots and thus we have poor Spidey games, Bond raped, Call Of Duty looking a tad malnourished after all that milk was taken from it, Guitar Hero shredding it's last note and Tony Hawks Franchise only alive by flogging a shiny version of a PSOne title online for a tenner. Ea may have been dickheads in the past but their supposed crimes these days pale in comparison with Activison's.You may disagree here.

Capcom........ i almost feel like i should have a minutes silence just for uttering their name, how are they still going? They have mis-handled so many franchises that it's become almost a parody, how many versions of an average Street Fighter IV do you need to make? Marvel VS Capcom 3 seemed like it would be awesome yet it was a shiny spruced up half breed cousin of it's sort of older brothers, and Resident Evil???? What the hell??? I wasn't a huge fan of 4 but 5? that was so far removed from the original concept that it may well have been a completely new franchise with occasional nods to Resi, that would have been fine if it wasn't so bloody dull!
    Worst of all is how they defile one of my favourite characters from Playstation history, Dante Esparda, Devil May Cry is awesome, still to this day i hold it in high regard but not once have they managed to get the formula right again let alone improve on it, Devil May Cry 2 sits atop a not so lofty pile of sequels that fail to be anyway superior to their predeccesors, it was boring and just plain WRONG.

This was the short version of it, after i wrote most of it i realised, they don't know what i like and frankly don't care so maybe i should just stop whining and play something else, then i realised, i already do but i'm still saddened by the decline of these companies in quality.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'd have to go with capcom. How can they ignore mega man like that!

Lvl 5 - Silver

Like most of your concerns I was also pissed off at MvC3. I mean, what pissed me off the most was the fact that they released the "super" version almost right after the game came out, at a much cheaper price! That was irritating as hell.

DNF was also pretty terrbile and very unbalanced so shame on you Gearbox.

And I have to throw this out there but thanks, yet again, for releasing a game that is no where near as good on the PS3 as it is on the 360 Bethesda!

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Click-Click-Kaboom

EA cause they need to stick with there sports games (that are the same fking game every year but with a updated roster)and leave the fighting/shooter games alone.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    EA cause they need to stick with there sports games (that are the same fking game every year but with a updated roster)and leave the fighting/shooter games alone.
    Woah,woah,woah, Dead Space? I really like that game.

I would honestly have to say Gearbox, Duke Nukem Forever wasn't great, but wasn't as bad as everybody put it out to be. Gearbox has to stick with making Borderlands. They did make Borderlands, correct? O.o
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't seem to have a problem following anything on screen in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Even with Sentinels filling the screen with Hyper Sodium Force or with Dark Phoenix mashing cr. L at all. Then again Doom plays Ultimate Mahvel on a pretty consistent basis.

That being said, Square-Enix gets my vote. Final Fantasy 12 failed to capture my attention and the horrendous XIII did more to push me away than recapture my World Dominance ridden mind. Then I come to find out that they're releasing a sequel to XIII and it has a time traveler? Lol and yet there's still not another word of a sequel in the Chrono series at all? I get Lightning who is a pink haired emo wanna be badass soldier in one game then in the sequel she's wearing fantasy style armor in full on medieval glory. It makes no damn sense and I like to blame Richards and his cursed Fantasic Four for this blunder.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    Woah,woah,woah, Dead Space? I really like that game.

I would honestly have to say Gearbox, Duke Nukem Forever wasn't great, but wasn't as bad as everybody put it out to be. Gearbox has to stick with making Borderlands. They did make Borderlands, correct? O.o
    Long story short is: Gearbox got the title dumped on them late in development after other developers worked on it. So That game is not a Gearbox game.

Speaking of Gearbox, I can't wait for Aliens: Colonial Marines! It looks so

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Long story short is: Gearbox got the title dumped on them late in development after other developers worked on it. So That game is not a Gearbox game.

Speaking of Gearbox, I can't wait for Aliens: Colonial Marines! It looks so
    Actually, reading up on the history of DNF in the game some of the people who work for Gearbox have had a hand in its development since its inception.

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Yume, every damn thing you type just makes me smile! You have a brilliantly effed up way with words and i applaud you!
    Thanks, Iīm trying not to be dry when I roam the cybernet.

And, the dude who brought up megaman legends being canceled just opened up a sealed wound in me. The pain...
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 6 - Silver

Capcom i dont really play many of their titles, in fact i think the only one is Dead Rising 2 but even then i can see the utter shit their causing with their franchises! I mean the new Dead Rising is the same game with a new character and a few new weapons -.- and from the annual releases of Street Fighter IV crap and MvC3 i can see what else is going on!

Then theres Activision who just seemingly chug out the same shit every year. I own every CoD from the very first PC one but refuse to buy MW3 for the simple reason all the games have been going downhill! I understand the concept of dont change if its not broken but dont replace either! If there going to release a new one change at least some of it and dont go over the top with the overpriced DLC. Also please dont wreck good game franchises like Spyro, Tony Hawks and Guitar Hero. However i nly really hate Activision and CoD as every shooter these days HAS to be compared to it and have some of its features incorporated into it.

The pride of the crown however goes to EA. I love EA as they produce so many great, wonnderful and different games. However i dont like it when they rush games or get involved in development or simply put out bullshit. Crysis 2 was a huge flop after EA put their hand in there and tried to change the game to more suit CoD players. Then Battlefield 3 was rushed to compete against CoD and theres the recent release of Need for Speed The Run. I play racing games to race, not to do quick time events. They should o back to the old formula of Underground and Most Wanted and spent longe in development and come up with better ideas!

Now there are lots of flaws in my argument but i dont really care i ust needed to rant.

P.S everyone who releases over priced DLC generally pisses me off too.
    P.P.S im glad to see no one has mentioned Ubisoft or Eidos so far

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I lost all my respect for Bethesda. These guys make awesome games and I couldn't wait for Skyrim but the ps3 version is... They've really neglected it and they should not rush and release it on the legendary date, 11.11.11. I mean, all that marketing stuff is good, but hey, don't serve the dish if it's not ready yet! Also, the response to the frustrated gamers was pityfull. I just hope they haven't forgotten us and will release a patch that fixes these serious problems
    Awesome signature made by Athena