Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Metal Gear solid Rising Vs Metal Gear Rising Revengance

This is a discussion on Metal Gear solid Rising Vs Metal Gear Rising Revengance within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by mattveego Honestly though, in MGS4 was Raiden ever stealthy once in the whole game. I understand that ...

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Honestly though, in MGS4 was Raiden ever stealthy once in the whole game. I understand that Raiden is supposed to replicate Gray Fox but Raiden can do things that Gray Fox could not. I mean cmon the man stopped a huge ship while Gray Fox could not stop Metal Gear Rex from crushing him into the ground. He also took on several of those metal gear things that only have legs and fought off any soldiers without any arms. Now after seeing Raiden like this in MGS4 how could you possibly expect the man to be stealthy. In my opinion it just would not seem logical. Do not get me wrong, I am not a fan of taking the stealth out f metal gear, but why take a character that has recently proven himself to be a "badass" who can take on the world and then turn him into a stealth character. Also PLatinum Games has earned a lot of respect in recent years and I am sure that it will not be a crappy game by any means. It may not be the Metal Gear that all the fans want, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe it is what the series needs. With all the Call of Dutys and Halos out there were you can run around without a care in the world, how in the world would Konami beable to get any new people on board to a game that is all about stealth. The Metal Gear series will not gain any new buyers unless a game where you can be an overpowered hero to hook some new people in is released. I know that you and I have very different opinions about this game, but I am actually looking forward to it as it looks like it could be a fun game. Isn't that all that matters at the end of the day anyways?
    I love the MG series. Could this game be fun to play. I'm sure it could be. But the fact that it's cannon. And it looks like the love child of MGS and Bayonetta that was babysat by Kratos. Is what I don't like about it. The game should be a spin off. They could have just called it Rising, and dropped the MG part. And it probably would be fine. But when you have the words Metal Gear in the tittle. Then you see this. It's like having a Corvette on the lot with a 4 cylinder engine. And still calling it a 'sports car'. You read the words Metal Gear and you expect a stealth game. Much like you do when you see Splinter Cell. You have a pretty good idea how the game will play. I'm all for attracting new fans to the series. But not at the price of destroying what made the game good in the first place.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

The One and Only

I have little knowledge about the MGS series, but what I do know is that this game is different from the other ones, besides the fact that Solid Snake isn't in it. Anyway the first trailer looked better gameplay and graphics wise. The second looked alright, but I can see it as a button masher.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

I love the MG series. Could this game be fun to play. I'm sure it could be. But the fact that it's cannon. And it looks like the love child of MGS and Bayonetta that was babysat by Kratos. Is what I don't like about it. The game should be a spin off. They could have just called it Rising, and dropped the MG part. And it probably would be fine. But when you have the words Metal Gear in the tittle. Then you see this. It's like having a Corvette on the lot with a 4 cylinder engine. And still calling it a 'sports car'. You read the words Metal Gear and you expect a stealth game. Much like you do when you see Splinter Cell. You have a pretty good idea how the game will play. I'm all for attracting new fans to the series. But not at the price of destroying what made the game good in the first place.
    You make a fantastic point. What I am thinking is that they meant to do something along these lines. Maybe they figured that most people refer the series as Metal Gear Solid and not Metal Gear so there calling it Metal Gear Rising???? I don't really know. That is my thought process, I really hope that Kojima is not considering this part of the actual MGS series and hopefully considering it more as a spin off.

Sig by Bladia

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Seriously?

How many people whining that something is not like before when its a fekking spin off?

I have seen several people here who have bitched at other franchises doing nothing new and yet they are here complaining that this isn't like Metal Gear Solid? Of course it fekking isn't! it's Metal Gear RISING, different,spin off, looks, bloody, good, if you ask me.

If this isn't a commerical and/or financial triumph then i solemnly swear that i will proclaim Call Of Duty the most fresh and innovative series of games ever and say that i hate Metal Gear games and Kojima is a la-di-da fairy with delusions of grandeur.

I am THAT confident it will be good.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Seriously?

How many people whining that something is not like before when its a fekking spin off?

I have seen several people here who have bitched at other franchises doing nothing new and yet they are here complaining that this isn't like Metal Gear Solid? Of course it fekking isn't! it's Metal Gear RISING, different,spin off, looks, bloody, good, if you ask me.

If this isn't a commerical and/or financial triumph then i solemnly swear that i will proclaim Call Of Duty the most fresh and innovative series of games ever and say that i hate Metal Gear games and Kojima is a la-di-da fairy with delusions of grandeur.

I am THAT confident it will be good.

this is why nintendo fans love nintendo games, they change but not enough to ruin the whole point of the series

This is why Other M was such a massive disaster. Because change is terrible when you don't do it right.

MGR Revengence will be a fun game, but it won't feel like a metal gear game to me, reguardless of how much effort Kojima Productions adds into it.

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    this is why nintendo fans love nintendo games, they change but not enough to ruin the whole point of the series

This is why Other M was such a massive disaster. Because change is terrible when you don't do it right.

MGR Revengence will be a fun game, but it won't feel like a metal gear game to me, reguardless of how much effort Kojima Productions adds into it.
    Agreed,Nintendo do a sterling job of maintaining the level of excellence set years before whilst chucking subtle innovation in now and again (as do Valve),and on the other side of the agreeing coin.........
    Resident Evil 5 was a change too far for instance, but that was still claiming to be the same series, Rising has clearly been labelled different since it's birth and i am happy with that, i like Platinum Games work, I like Raiden (even in MGS2!) So bullish as i may be, i still cannot understand such wall to wall urine dousing of Rising's fire when other titles sell like crack in Cracktown and get a huge fanbase just by repeating the same thing over and over .

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Resident Evil 5 was a change too far for instance, but that was still claiming to be the same series, Rising has clearly been labelled different since it's birth and i am happy with that, i like Platinum Games work, I like Raiden (even in MGS2!) So bullish as i may be, i still cannot understand such wall to wall urine dousing of Rising's fire when other titles sell like crack in Cracktown and get a huge fanbase just by repeating the same thing over and over .
    Even Metal Gear Ac!d retains the tradition of the Metal Gear franchise. This has nothing to do with Metal Gear except for Raiden and RAY. The rest is just Bayonetta remade with actual quality.

You may claim it isn't MGS and it is Rising and all that crap, but the franchise is called Metal Gear for a reason, and this game has it in it's name.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Even Metal Gear Ac!d retains the tradition of the Metal Gear franchise. This has nothing to do with Metal Gear except for Raiden and RAY. The rest is just Bayonetta remade with actual quality.

You may claim it isn't MGS and it is Rising and all that crap, but the franchise is called Metal Gear for a reason, and this game has it in it's name.
    Even so, we have seen maybe 5% of the actual expierience to date, who knows what it holds in store?

Yes it could well be Bayonetta sans tits (fine by me, though the tits would be nice too) but a good game is a good game and for all we know this IS a GOOD game, i'd be just as pigheaded if i suggested it was going to be poor because it's nothing like MGS!
    Come on, it's not exactly going to kill Metal Gear off is it?( you can quote me on that)

And Acid was awful by the standard set in MG titles. You may not agree but i just did not like the idea, but i tried it and don't consider it a smear on Konami's name or Kojima's, it wasn't my style is all!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I really hope that Kojima is not considering this part of the actual MGS series and hopefully considering it more as a spin off.
    A hundred times this! I don't mind the game and what they made it into, as long as it's NOT CANON. The game looks like a lot of fun, but if it's part of the main storyline it'll warp people's opinions on what MGS is supposed to be about. It should be a complete spin-off, with nothing to do with the main MGS storyline, like the AC!D series. That's all I'm asking.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 12-14-2011 at 02:32 PM.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

After seeing that trailer from the VGA's I just don't even know what to say, this game isn't even worth ranting about. Just highly upset is all.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

Here's a video explaining why the original idea was cancelled: Birth and Evolution - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Video - GameSpot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12