Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Metal Gear solid Rising Vs Metal Gear Rising Revengance

This is a discussion on Metal Gear solid Rising Vs Metal Gear Rising Revengance within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; depressing, but hey it's a platinum game, it will be fun. can't wait for this to be the next ricochet, ...

INTJ

Metal Gear solid Rising Vs Metal Gear Rising Revengance

depressing, but hey it's a platinum game, it will be fun.

can't wait for this to be the next ricochet, as in completely disowned by the entire fanbase.

Lets hope MGS6 actually is Metal Gear Solid style (During TGS Konami Confrence 2011 they showed that peace walker was #5, so yea.) It would be fucking amazing if you can play as the boss.
    Last edited by Ps360; 12-13-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

The first Rising trailer was much better. The graphics looked more realistic, and swordplay wasn't THAT over the top. They also wanted to include "hunter stealth" which would still make it a stealth game. And then they do this...I hope they change their minds and announce the game won't be canon, but they already said it takes place after MGS4.

PRO Member

I never thought much about it but seeing them compared it is pretty disappointing. Rising looks so much better than Revengeance. Also, the name isn't stupid.

Nope, nothing

It's a shame that the game was looking so immense back when they released that first gameplay trail...and now the new one

Excitement level went from pretty damn high to, well probably not even going to get the game now

PRO Member

Rising looked so much better than Revengeance. It looks like Raiden went from a normal looking human at the end of MGS4 to a just made cyborg and from the Revengeance trailer it looks like Raiden can slice a Ray in half in one swing of his sword but human soldiers can take over 4 hits

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Stupid choice, game looks incredibly over the top and shouldn't even be considered a Metal Gear game. This isn't DMC, so what are these guys thinking?

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 8 - Gold

I don't like it at all. They turned an epic stealth game into a hack n' slash.

Plats-O'-War!!

2 separate games right? If so, then I'll be getting them both!

Platinum Dohvakiin

OMG it's Bayonetta 2!!! Oh wait .... no it's not.... but it looks like...I mean but isn't it....why does...howcome....are they f*cking serious? Really? Can you possibly eff up a game or series more than they just did?
    And I'm sorry Revengence is a stupid name. Either call it vengeance or revenge combining the two like the two names of some Hollywood Couple is just adding more insult to the game than has already been laid upon it. By what they turned it into.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    2 separate games right? If so, then I'll be getting them both!
    No, Metal Gear Solid: Rising was cancelled. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is being made in it's place.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Its a spin-off, if you dont like it just stick with the main series, its not like the new DMC that they changed everything, its just a spin off that probably wont even influence the main story

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ughh, when I saw the trailer for Rising a while back I thought 'Hmm, nice swordplay, sweet game mechanics and good graphics. I'll add that to my buy list.' Now when I saw the Re-Reve-Reveng, sorry I can't bring myself to say that god awful name, trailer I stared blankly for a few seconds before spontaneously self-combusting with anger (okay, maybe not). I mean, WTF! Just, WTF! What were they thinking when they added in some swordplay where you just whiz your sword around aimlessely before you finally kill just one man. It looks horrible! The graphics look all blurred and annoying, just a large blob of blue sliding across my screen along with some dusty grey background...Before it was one-hit kills where you had to think on what to do to get past the enemies and it looked sim ple and oh-so-fun, do I just try to behead them all? do I take down these pillars and crush them? But now it's just; 'I mindlessly slash my sword at them until they eventually die?' And how annoying is his voice when he's just shouting out random sh*te!? Before this I was very likely to buy this, now I'm about 10% certain. They changed what looked a fun and controlled game into a seething mass of brainless crud. Please tell me the final game isn't like this trailer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    No, Metal Gear Solid: Rising was cancelled. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is being made in it's place.
    What the hell made them cancel it? I think it was going to be good

Lvl 7 - Gold

Doom is a HUGE Metal Gear fan and I thought the gameplay in Revengeance is awesome. Can't wait to play it.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    Its a spin-off, if you dont like it just stick with the main series, its not like the new DMC that they changed everything, its just a spin off that probably wont even influence the main story
    What I don't get about this is that if it is so completely different to the Metal gear games beforehand then why make it a Metal gear at all? Why not just make a new IP instead of crapping all over the franchise?

I was already skeptical about the original Rising but that Revengeance (seriously?) trailer is horrible in just about every way.

Game on....

Metal gear solid now has that final nail in it's coffin. Tactical espionage action has been replaced with button bashing.

Kiwi Defender

I still don't understand how they went from what they had in mind to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Lets hope MGS6 actually is Metal Gear Solid style (During TGS Konami Confrence 2011 they showed that peace walker was #5, so yea.) It would be fucking amazing if you can play as the boss.
    It was originally going to be MGS5, but Kojima later decided against it. In other words, no, it isn't considered MGS5 anymore.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

I do not understand why MGS fans (such as myself) are so mad about this. First off after Raiden gets a cyborgy he is not a stealthy character so how could they make this a stealth game. Someone said that this takes place after MGS4 which is incorrect. It is taking place between MGS2 and 4 so we will get to see a great story by a great developer about how Raiden turned out the way that he did in 4. And stop saying this is too over the top. In MGS2 Raiden is running around naked for God sakes and takes on like 5 Rays with one RPG. So everyone stop complaining and do what I am doing. Do not look at this as a MGS game game because for one Solid is not even in the title!!!! Think of it as a complete spin off from the MGS saga explaining what happened to Raiden. Plus Kojima announced like 3 weeks ago that they will make an MGS5 so this is not taking the place of it. Just remember that this will not even come close to ruining Kojima's epic franchise.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I do not understand why MGS fans (such as myself) are so mad about this. First off after Raiden gets a cyborgy he is not a stealthy character so how could they make this a stealth game.
    You obviously never played MGS Special Missions. It had 3 missions where you had to sneak around as Gray Fox. You had these great moves, just like he does in MGS, and it was still based on sneaking. Rising was supposed to have "hunter stealth", a mix of action and stealth where stealth would be preferred, just like all MGS games (even AC!D).

Someone said that this takes place after MGS4 which is incorrect. It is taking place between MGS2 and 4 so we will get to see a great story by a great developer about how Raiden turned out the way that he did in 4.
    Wrong. The official MGR site states it takes place AFTER MGS4, which is completely contradictory to what happened at the end of MGS4, where Raiden removes all cybernetic implants. (Unless MGR is not canon).

And stop saying this is too over the top. In MGS2 Raiden is running around naked for God sakes and takes on like 5 Rays with one RPG. So everyone stop complaining and do what I am doing. Do not look at this as a MGS game game because for one Solid is not even in the title!!!!

The problem here is not so much what Raiden can do but how he does it. Stealth is completely removed and all we get is an action game, and a button masher at that. It's hard not to look at this as an MGS game because, judging by the info, it's canon. It would be much better if it was non-canon, like AC!D series.

I'm still interested in the game, but I'm just worried that it being canon will mess up the storyline, like they already made Raiden turn into his former self. I'm not a big fan of stealth being completely removed, neither.

PRO Member

You obviously never played MGS Special Missions. It had 3 missions where you had to sneak around as Gray Fox. You had these great moves, just like he does in MGS, and it was still based on sneaking. Rising was supposed to have "hunter stealth", a mix of action and stealth where stealth would be preferred, just like all MGS games (even AC!D).
    Honestly though, in MGS4 was Raiden ever stealthy once in the whole game. I understand that Raiden is supposed to replicate Gray Fox but Raiden can do things that Gray Fox could not. I mean cmon the man stopped a huge ship while Gray Fox could not stop Metal Gear Rex from crushing him into the ground. He also took on several of those metal gear things that only have legs and fought off any soldiers without any arms. Now after seeing Raiden like this in MGS4 how could you possibly expect the man to be stealthy. In my opinion it just would not seem logical. Do not get me wrong, I am not a fan of taking the stealth out f metal gear, but why take a character that has recently proven himself to be a "badass" who can take on the world and then turn him into a stealth character. Also PLatinum Games has earned a lot of respect in recent years and I am sure that it will not be a crappy game by any means. It may not be the Metal Gear that all the fans want, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe it is what the series needs. With all the Call of Dutys and Halos out there were you can run around without a care in the world, how in the world would Konami beable to get any new people on board to a game that is all about stealth. The Metal Gear series will not gain any new buyers unless a game where you can be an overpowered hero to hook some new people in is released. I know that you and I have very different opinions about this game, but I am actually looking forward to it as it looks like it could be a fun game. Isn't that all that matters at the end of the day anyways?

Sig by Bladia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast