Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PlayStation 3D Display $399

This is a discussion on PlayStation 3D Display $399 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Amazon.com: PlayStation 3D display: Video Games Sony Computer Entertainment America - PlayStation 3D Display Bundle - 98078|98078 Get one while ...

The only sane person here

PlayStation 3D Display $399

Lvl 4 - Silver

wish i was in the america now hehe, i was going too buy this one on amazon.uk.co but then on the release date(november 18) it stood delayed until 2012 get more information when the new year has come, i got fucking pissed

Crocodile Hunter

wont get it in Australia so i wont bother with it yet

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 4 - Silver

It's not that great..I tried it in a few different stores and i wasnt very impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie-4 View Post
    It's not that great..I tried it in a few different stores and i wasnt very impressed
    Whatever it's a nice TV anyways

Death is Awaiting....

I bought one a few days after Christmas and love it! Definitely recommend it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    Whatever it's a nice TV anyways
    I've got one, it's great, but it's not a TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    wont get it in Australia so i wont bother with it yet
    They're not coming to Oz. Harvey Norman was supposed to stock them in selected stores, but it didn't happen.

I bought one on Newegg.com, sent it to my USA mailing address at Borderlinx.com and imported it. Total cost was $200 cheaper than they were going to retail in Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I've got one, it's great, but it's not a TV.
    Well I forgot it's more of a Display but I got a DVR with HDMI output so it's going to be good enough for me

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm trying to figure out where the sale is... $399? It's been on sale for $299 off and on for months now.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Lvl 3 - Bronze

bundle the mediocre display with the mediocre ps3 sound bar with the awesome 2.0 ps3 blu ray remote and lower the price (like a lot) and we may have something here...
    still won't buy it though

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by SirWaWa View Post
    bundle the mediocre display with the mediocre ps3 sound bar with the awesome 2.0 ps3 blu ray remote and lower the price (like a lot) and we may have something here...
    still won't buy it though
    The display itself is actually very good, far better than mediocre and well worth the asking price. I use it for my PS3 & PC and it does a damn fine job of 2D and 3D for both. The only tweak I needed was to adjust the backlight down a couple of notches so it didn't burn my eyeballs from their sockets.

The display's audio is pretty ordinary and I don't disagree with the mediocrity of the PS3 Sound Bar, which I also own, but if you're sitting within a couple of feet of the display, which is the purpose of this particular model, then use headphones.

The only other issue I have is the 3D Display picks up a Bravia TV remote's signal if both are in the same room. I'll be gaming late at night and my wife will turn off the TV, which also turns off my display...

Platinum Procrastinator

The only other issue I have is the 3D Display picks up a Bravia TV remote's signal if both are in the same room. I'll be gaming late at night and my wife will turn off the TV, which also turns off my display...
    That actually might be a feature, Sony Sync. Using one remote to turn on/off all of your Sony devices at once. It does the same thing for me with my tv and receiver.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    That actually might be a feature, Sony Sync. Using one remote to turn on/off all of your Sony devices at once. It does the same thing for me with my tv and receiver.
    I think it's called the "get off the fucking PS3 and come to bed!" feature.

Unfortunately it can't be turned off. I can't say the same for my wife.

Platinum Procrastinator

I think it's called the "get off the fucking PS3 and come to bed!" feature.

Unfortunately it can't be turned off. I can't say the same for my wife.
    Hahaha, lets just hope she doesn't frequent this site then for your sake.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I bought mine for 299 on boxing day and I love it. Great for the bedroom. Now I won't leave the bedroom because in my living room there is nothing. I put the ps3 in the bedroom for the 3d and with not having cable (don't mind not having it I can stream all shows) there doesn't seem to be a reason to go into the living room until people come over. As a side note. My living room has never stayed this clean and my bedroom has never been this messy before lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Best Buy is selling this bundle for $299 again.

Crocodile Hunter

Lol you were right

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

Does not everyone find like me when you put on the glasses it dulls the color to much, I think its to much of a sacrifice for that type of 3D even in the theatres it just seems to dull it right down

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Lol you were right
    Well Like I said. I've been seeing the $299 deal for this bundle every other week since white friday. When I see a post saying it's on sale for $399... The price got jacked up again lol. Still a lil too pricey for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    Does not everyone find like me when you put on the glasses it dulls the color to much, I think its to much of a sacrifice for that type of 3D even in the theatres it just seems to dull it right down
    I haven't used this monitor yet so I couldn't tell you. But I'll take Ant1's word for whatever he says about it. For $299 I have been debating getting this for an extra display and 3d monitor. Not to mention I WANT the Simulview. But that doesn't warrant me picking up a $140-200 monitor with a $20 game and 2 $30 glasses...

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    I haven't used this monitor yet so I couldn't tell you. But I'll take Ant1's word for whatever he says about it. For $299 I have been debating getting this for an extra display and 3d monitor. Not to mention I WANT the Simulview. But that doesn't warrant me picking up a $140-200 monitor with a $20 game and 2 $30 glasses...
    Just an FYI if anyone's planning to use this for PC - the PS3 3D Display is not officially supported by Nvidia for 3D PC gaming, but there's an .inf file on the web that allows you to install the Nvidia 3D software and it works perfectly on the display. Very quick, very easy...

The display comes with one set of glasses and Motorstorm Apocalypse, which is probably the worst game to show off the PS3 for 3D, but they've bundled it to showcase Simulview. Try a shooter like Crysis or Killzone 3 instead to get a better impression of the 3D capabilities.

Given my old Dell 24" cost me $1500 when I bought it, I was more than happy to drop $700 on the PS3 3D Display in Oz. I was even happier to import it from the USA for far less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast