Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

FPS with huge emphasis on single player

This is a discussion on FPS with huge emphasis on single player within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i say for what you like, killzone. for hardcore fps fans, COD and Medal of Honor. BF is basic camping. ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

i say for what you like, killzone. for hardcore fps fans, COD and Medal of Honor. BF is basic camping. COD is fastpaced, which i like
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Crysis 2?
    For teh love of god nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Fallout 3, I saw you had Fallout NV. I thin F3 is a lot better and a bit more focused, NV is too civilezed in my opinion, but then again you might have other opinion.

This piece of awesomeness above and all of my avys. were created by the almighty Wadefan1, the king of signatures.

PRO Member

I was going to say FarCry 2 but you've already tried it. Perhaps the original Crysis which can be downloaded of the PSN store for $20...might not quite be what your looking for but you do get ubber powers.

You enjoyed the Fallout games you say, a cross over between FPS, melee and RPG with lots of exploration. If you're willing to move to 3rd person then Mass Effect 2 might be what you're looking for. In ME2 you get:
    - to shoot stuff: check
    - ubber powers (in the form of biotics): check
    - lots to explore (a whole galaxy): check
    - unrealistic (well written/scripted) sci fi story: check
    - good amount of side missions: check

To plat it you'll need to complete 2 play throughs which will take about 120 to 150 hours depending on skill

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Really you didn't like the single player for that game? I understand the online hatred but single player was pretty beast.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

PRO Member

Borderlands, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm. All 3 are fun and not overly realistic.
    Bulletstorm has some hilarious characters too

And DoomHorror... but scared of horror games, ironic much?

Lvl 5 - Silver

You should get singularity, I enjoyed the game very much.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Alive26 View Post
    Really you didn't like the single player for that game? I understand the online hatred but single player was pretty beast.
    It was good for 1 playthrough. Then it felt like a chore. Hell Supersoldier was easy as hell, just cloak past them all, it was no fun doing it on Supersoldier

INTJ

best FPS Singleplayer series of all time half life.

second best portal

third best mirrors edge

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Borderlands, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm. All 3 are fun and not overly realistic.
    Bulletstorm has some hilarious characters too

And DoomHorror... but scared of horror games, ironic much?
    Batman's greatest fear was bats.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    Batman's greatest fear was bats.
    Touché 15 char

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    What? Crysis 2 is . I seriously can't understand why people say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    best FPS Singleplayer series of all time half life.

second best portal

third best mirrors edge
    Portal and Mirror's Edge aren't FPS in any form whatsoever.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i played far cry 2, i guess repetitive games dont stop me... i mean theres a HUGE difference between repetition and grinding, lol but i dont mind spending 50 hours playing a game, and even playing it twice

anyways...back to topic...

killzone 3
    crysis2
    borderlands

they have been listed above, coz they are awesome

Lvl 3 - Bronze

There's the Uncharted series. It's not quite a FPS, but has enough shooting elements that it can give you a pretty good thrill. There's treasures that need to be hunted for, though the game is fairly linear. Then again BioShock 2 is linear in the fact that you can't go back to areas you already visited once you leave them. But I see Uncharted 2 on your trophy list so I suppose this was all moot.

Killzone 3 is pretty fun, though the single player campaign is completely linear and pretty short. There's no collectibles, but a few fun weapons, including several that are exclusive to the campaign. Resistance 3 does have some collectibles, but I haven't started playing that game yet so I can't really comment.

And while I know you want to play solo, Killzone 3 is a pretty balanced online game as well. Sure there's the guys that'll rack up kill after kill, but there's a variety of other things to do online that don't require killing, like providing mission support.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Mass effect 2, really a must have. Maybe dead island?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dont get Killzone 3. Get Killzone 2. Singleplayer was wayyy better if you ask any kilzzone vet

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Portal and Mirror's Edge aren't FPS in any form whatsoever.
    My thoughts exactly! Plus I already beaten portal several times, and I have played thru HL2 once till the end. However mirrors edge might be an interesting purchase on it's own

Quote Originally Posted by zaks View Post
    i played far cry 2, i guess repetitive games dont stop me... i mean theres a HUGE difference between repetition and grinding, lol but i dont mind spending 50 hours playing a game, and even playing it twice

anyways...back to topic...

killzone 3
    crysis2
    borderlands

they have been listed above, coz they are awesome
    Yeah and borderlands was listed in OP but whatever. Just played another hour - still not impressed at all. It's just not quite what I like. I can see the appeal for others, it just doesn't work for me.

I have played Crysis 2 on the PC - also, not quite what I want. Yeah it looks gr8, but the setting doesn't do it. It's a different kind of story and it's not the kind for me.

Currently thinking on KZ series still would start with KZ2 (or will go hardcore and get KZ1 on ps2).

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    There's the Uncharted series. It's not quite a FPS, but has enough shooting elements that it can give you a pretty good thrill. There's treasures that need to be hunted for, though the game is fairly linear. Then again BioShock 2 is linear in the fact that you can't go back to areas you already visited once you leave them. But I see Uncharted 2 on your trophy list so I suppose this was all moot.

Killzone 3 is pretty fun, though the single player campaign is completely linear and pretty short. There's no collectibles, but a few fun weapons, including several that are exclusive to the campaign. Resistance 3 does have some collectibles, but I haven't started playing that game yet so I can't really comment.

And while I know you want to play solo, Killzone 3 is a pretty balanced online game as well. Sure there's the guys that'll rack up kill after kill, but there's a variety of other things to do online that don't require killing, like providing mission support.
    Yes, I've played first 2 uncharted. About KZ - I'm not interested in playing multiplayer at all. It's fun for a few short minutes - for that I have q3 on my PC. When I play a game - I want it to take me from point A to point B, (or give freeroam, even better!)

Quote Originally Posted by d1capo View Post
    Mass effect 2, really a must have. Maybe dead island?
    isn't mass effect 3rd person? Also dead island was designed with co-op in mind, I want something I can REALLY enjoy on my own.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood is a decent FPS, especially if you are into westerns. I had a lot of fun with that and recommend you at least try it, as it's very cheap. Slightly dated, but still good fun.

Bulletstorm is a lot of fun too and has a lot of stupid/funny dialogue, however the SP campaign itself is not lengthy by any stretch of the imagination. If you're willing to delve in to third person shooters, I highly recommend continuing RDR and maybe picking up Mass Effect 2 and Ghostbusters. All great choices IMO.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    This, a hundred time this.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    This, a hundred time this.
    It's not a FPS. :stare:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast