Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

FPS with huge emphasis on single player

This is a discussion on FPS with huge emphasis on single player within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello fellow forumers. Long story short - I just finished Bioshock 2... I had it for months, don't know why ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    DoomHorror's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pagan Lands
    Posts
    686
    Reputation
    27

    FPS with huge emphasis on single player

    Hello fellow forumers.

    Long story short - I just finished Bioshock 2... I had it for months, don't know why it took me so long, cause after playing it for 1 hour - I just couldn't stop. Well... I feel overwhelmed, it was awesome! But it's done. Need something to replace it. Soo... any tips?

    I asked these other people that I know and they said if I liked bioshock then I should check out Wolfenstein and Singularity. They're already on my list. Maybe there's more?

    Long story long:

    A bit about my FPS experience: I'm not a big FPS fan, especially not a fan of multiplayer focused, cause generally I suck at them. I got in to the genre with Quake 3 and Unreal tournament, but again I played those alone, with bots. I love hybrid games like the last 2 Fallout installments (fps + melee etc), Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Of course i loved both Bioshock games, and I'm very much looking forward to the 3rd one. Played and loved RAGE (wish there were more sidemissions tho, not gonna buy any DLC, piss off Bethesda!). Half life 2 creeps me the fuck out. I know it's not a survival-horror game, but I'm a big pussy and after beating it once - I still can't pick it up.. Which brings to the next point - no survival horror FPS, I'm scared easily.

    Basically it all happened on current gen - Bioshock and Fallout 3 made me a believer.

    However, I refuse to play any games based on current events and/or games that are ūber realistic. Any superpowers or whatever, plasmids, or ability to melee is super welcome for me!

    I have mixed feelings about Borderlands and FarCry 2.

    I played borderlands for about 2 hours, it doesn't suck me in like FO and Bioshock did... maybe I should spend more time with it?

    FarCry 2 is too big... I played 22 hours in to the singleplayer, and it started to byte. It was awesome at first, but it's a bit too repetitive. However, I think that I played out the cost of the game (had enough enjoyment out of it), so I guess it's cool. Maybe will pick it up later again to finish it.




    Also, am thinking of getting in to the whole Resistance and Killzone thing. Can they be enjoyed by someone like me?

    Thanks in advance.



    Currently own:

    Toggle Spoiler



    "To get" list:

    Toggle Spoiler




    Not sure list:

    Toggle Spoiler


  2. #2
    PRO Ninja
    PsychoNinjaKen's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    398
    Reputation
    11

    Killzone 3

    check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

  3. #3
    Plats-O'-War!!
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    4,528
    Reputation
    219

    Well, Borderlands is a Fantastic game to play! Especially is your playing online with friends (If you choose to pick it up, I'll add you on Tuesday! ). Killzone is another great game (KZ3 is my personal favorite honestly). The Resistance series has a good story to it. Gameplay is pretty good (Online maybe dead for the 1st 2.) Borderlands is very cheap (about $19 at gamestop, don't know about everywhere else. You could try Amazon) Also, you can get KZ3 cheap on Amazon as well. If you're looking into the Resistance Series, then you can get the Resistance dual pack which contains the 1st 2! Overall, you can enjoy them!! But, tell me something: I've NEVER played any of the Bioshock games. Are they any good? ..........




  4. #4
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    Lol I feel ya about Half Life man. I always think about what would happen if one of those headcrabs got on my head.
    Anyways Killzone and Resistance both have pretty decent stories. I would say that Resistance has a better story, but I enjoy Killzone better.

    Sig by Bladia


  5. #5
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    DoomHorror's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pagan Lands
    Posts
    686
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Well, Borderlands is a Fantastic game to play! Especially is your playing online with friends (If you choose to pick it up, I'll add you on Tuesday! ). Killzone is another great game (KZ3 is my personal favorite honestly). The Resistance series has a good story to it. Gameplay is pretty good (Online maybe dead for the 1st 2.) Borderlands is very cheap (about $19 at gamestop, don't know about everywhere else. You could try Amazon) Also, you can get KZ3 cheap on Amazon as well. If you're looking into the Resistance Series, then you can get the Resistance dual pack which contains the 1st 2! Overall, you can enjoy them!! But, tell me something: I've NEVER played any of the Bioshock games. Are they any good? ..........
    I own borderlands, but I'm really looking for something to spend time with alone. I played about 2 hours of it, and it didn't suck me in like Bioshock and Fallout 3 did.

    You haven't played Bioshock yet?



    I strongly suggest that you do. Both games are everything that's awesome about current gen of consoles!

  6. #6
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Alive26's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    257
    Reputation
    5

    I loved the Resistance and Killzone single player stories and I also really enjoyed Crysis 2's single player it was a blast.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

  7. #7
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    DoomHorror's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pagan Lands
    Posts
    686
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Lol I feel ya about Half Life man. I always think about what would happen if one of those headcrabs got on my head.
    Anyways Killzone and Resistance both have pretty decent stories. I would say that Resistance has a better story, but I enjoy Killzone better.
    It's not just about the story, I mean I would also like the basic exploration that you do in Bioshock, like looking for safes, plasmids, diaries etc. The same thing in FO3 dungeons (well I call them dungeons, basically any place that is limited and has enemies in it, like an abandoned subway). I don't think I would enjoy a simple str8 thru experience. I need to look in to both KZ and Resistance deeper b4 i get those.

  8. #8
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    DoomHorror's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pagan Lands
    Posts
    686
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    If you're looking into the Resistance Series, then you can get the Resistance dual pack which contains the 1st 2!
    if you mean this - Resistance: Fall of Man & Resistance 2 - Platinum Double Pack (PS3): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games then I won't get it, I like my games in original editions.. I need to replace my greatest hits Bioshock with a classic one, plus I own 4 platinum editions (all 4 of which I regret, the covers are awful).

  9. #9
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    xtrminator05's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    104
    Reputation
    14

    Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

    Its a First Person stealth/shooter Hybrid, the online is dead though.

    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

    "The road to success is always under construction."

    List of PLAYSTATION 3 Games without Trophy Support.

    Avatar, Signature and Profile header by In2

  10. #10
    Plats-O'-War!!
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    4,528
    Reputation
    219

    Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    if you mean this - Resistance: Fall of Man & Resistance 2 - Platinum Double Pack (PS3): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games then I won't get it, I like my games in original editions.. I need to replace my greatest hits Bioshock with a classic one, plus I own 4 platinum editions (all 4 of which I regret, the covers are awful).
    Well, you can always get the regular versions of the games.




  11. #11
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    travey_2face's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    24
    Reputation
    0

    I would move Bulletstorm over to the get list. I loved it, and while it may have not lived up to expectations, It certainly was enjoyable and will most likely be cheap enough that it won't put a dent in your wallet. The story could be slightly predictable, but i did feel tied to some of the characters....even if you did feel underwhelmed by the story it def was fun to get all of the skill shots, etc.

  12. #12
    Death is Awaiting....
    Schism's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St. Mary's Hospital
    Posts
    1,880
    Reputation
    119

    Maybe try Skyrim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Sig by Achantion

  13. #13
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Rust3d_B0lt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    38
    Reputation
    0

    I guess you could play RAGE, I recommend Resistance and killzone like everyone else though

  14. #14
    PRO Member
    SideEffect's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Near...
    Posts
    855
    Reputation
    49

    Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
    Only problem with the game is the trophies. Unless you want to spend up to 100 hours boosting the MP portion of the game.
    What you're really buying it for is the HD remake of Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay which is included on the disc.
    Assault on Dark Athena (the sequel to EFBB) is a nice bonus, but imo it doesn't really live up to the original. I would definitely check this game out.


    Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe


    Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

    Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

    The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

    Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!




  15. #15
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Crysis 2?




  16. #16
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    BlurredImages's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Currently in "Europe"
    Posts
    197
    Reputation
    0

    i hear skyrim is more than amazing!!!!

  17. #17
    Local Drunk
    Feral's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,999
    Reputation
    603

    Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    It's not just about the story, I mean I would also like the basic exploration that you do in Bioshock, like looking for safes, plasmids, diaries etc. The same thing in FO3 dungeons (well I call them dungeons, basically any place that is limited and has enemies in it, like an abandoned subway). I don't think I would enjoy a simple str8 thru experience. I need to look in to both KZ and Resistance deeper b4 i get those.
    You don't go exploring in the Resistance games it's more about killing the enemies, it's fun though.

  18. #18
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    DoomHorror's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pagan Lands
    Posts
    686
    Reputation
    27

    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Gonna I think I'll still start with Singularity and Wolfenstein, but will get first resistance too. Should keep me busy for now.

  19. #19
    Gorilla see, Gorilla do
    Creditdue's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    $crilla Villa
    Posts
    1,780
    Reputation
    62

    Deus Ex: Human Revolution


    Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

  20. #20
    Huge Skip Bayless fan.
    El Jefe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Set of ESPN: First Take
    Posts
    3,357
    Reputation
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Well, Borderlands is a Fantastic game to play!
    i agree with kidson

    Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO