Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awareness as you age - Scary

This is a discussion on Awareness as you age - Scary within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by dsluckay Yeah, I hate it when someone uses my controller with greasy hands. I touch the controller ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Yeah, I hate it when someone uses my controller with greasy hands. I touch the controller and it slips out of my hand

So, yeah, it isn't weird that you care about those things, we all do.
    This exactly! I'll have friends come over and we'll play games or watch netflix...then who was either eating pizza or chips touches the controller. I'm like noooooooooo! then I have to wipe my controller down to get it to feel normal again...so yes, I understand and this is normal.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 7 - Gold

My controller is filled with so much dried sweat and skin flakes that it's the people who want to use it that ask for gloves.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

Normal to me

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    My controller is filled with so much ***** ***** and **** ****** that it's the people who want to use it that ask for gloves.
    OH THE HORROR, I think I almost vomited.......

Well, hearing it all maybe I should teach her to wash hands, itīs just, she punch really hard when I try, like inner force technique or something.

Feels good to share.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Imagine what the kid thinks(or will in the future) when shes having to wear rubber gloves to play a game,and sees you not doing the same.I think it may be freaking her out more than it does yourself,Its not like she has aids and open sores on her hands.I'd guess by the time shes done playing her hands have left a quart of sweat in the rubber gloves,making her feel just as uncomfortable as you seem to be at the thought of it all.
    Ya know im not tyring to be a kill joy and I do understand your disgust,but on the other hand im just trying to make you look at it from another point of view(hers perhaps) being a father of a 2 yr. old myself I do know children are very impressionable at young ages and simple things like this may have a lasting effect forcing them to think there may be something wrong with them when they get older....If i were you....I would'nt let this consume you and 10 min. of cleaning your controller is a little price to pay in return for not alienating this girl...I hope you understand my point of view and please dont think im saying your wrong,because im not.

If you call somebody stupid and useless enough,eventually they will actually start to believe it!!!!
    sig. created by Myself

Lvl 7 - Gold

i only use it so no problems with that, but yes they are difficult to clean

PRO Member

Normal to want ur stuffs to b clean but telling some1 to wear gloves thats not normal

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I totally agree with AngeldeLeo
    sig. created by Myself

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    The thing is, my lilbro walked in on us sometime later and called me a weird a** f******. It really bugged me. Whatīs so weird about it? I just like my thing clean without much hassle........
    are you a germaphobe

PRO Member

That's stupid, it's one thing wanting to keep a clean pad I'm sure we're all the same. But asking someone to wear gloves? The kid clearly already has an issue with not washing hands, but what kid doesn't? Just ask them to wash before, then wipe the pad down after.

You aren't gonna catch some disease off of sharing a pad with a child.

PRO Mimbur

Well I have a slight case of OCD so I have 3 controllers for friends/fam to use and I have a controller that only I use. So I think you're normal...but I'm not.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MILENKO13 View Post
    Imagine what the kid thinks(or will in the future) when shes having to wear rubber gloves to play a game,and sees you not doing the same.I think it may be freaking her out more than it does yourself,Its not like she has aids and open sores on her hands.I'd guess by the time shes done playing her hands have left a quart of sweat in the rubber gloves,making her feel just as uncomfortable as you seem to be at the thought of it all.
    Ya know im not tyring to be a kill joy and I do understand your disgust,but on the other hand im just trying to make you look at it from another point of view(hers perhaps) being a father of a 2 yr. old myself I do know children are very impressionable at young ages and simple things like this may have a lasting effect forcing them to think there may be something wrong with them when they get older....If i were you....I would'nt let this consume you and 10 min. of cleaning your controller is a little price to pay in return for not alienating this girl...I hope you understand my point of view and please dont think im saying your wrong,because im not.

If you call somebody stupid and useless enough,eventually they will actually start to believe it!!!!
    Actually aids only transmit through blood....so even if she had...oh sorry me...back to the thread

Iīm not a beast, she use new gloves everytime.
    Thereīs no joy to kill, only relief.
    It was a idea that she thought was reasonable.
    Sheīs just lazy, I donīt force her.
    My compassion is very limited. I think itīs worth it in the short run til she nag her parents to get her own ps3.
    10 min every week x 52 = about 8,5 h of your life is spend cleaning a controller.........

Did I mention that I called anyone stupid? Or do you mean I should do that to enforce discipline?

Oh and no offense taken at all. Advice from a gamer dad is awesome .
    I wanted opinions from others, otherwise I wouldnīt post this on a message board.

But you may be right, this will change til I can make her parents get her a controller as christmas present......
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 3 - Bronze

lol just make her wash her hands

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I see no problem at all with it... though just having her wash her hands might be an easy alternative.
    Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Kingdoms of Amalur

MK Plat = Overrated

Well, when I was growing up, we weren't allowed to be dirty. If we went out to play and came back into the house, my mom would give us a quick look over and made us clean up. That was also during different times though. It was also ok to take a belt, flyswatter, switch, or anything you can get your hands on to get a thought threw your kid's head.

Parents have been scared into raising their kids in the way of the pussyfication. They don't discipline their kids anymore. When I was in high school and babysat, kids never acted up in front of me. They never strolled through the house with filthy hands. I never hit them either. You just have to know how to talk to kids.

All that being said, I wouldn't let a child touch any electronics of mine. Kids can stay entertained by many means. PS3 shouldn't be one of them, nor should the TV be as well.

Lvl 8 - Gold

There's nothing wrong with being clean. I also hate grimy controllers and I clean my hands thoroughly before gaming.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Iīm mostly afraid that it will get worse later.
    i have one controller that i don't allow anyone except me too play with, there is nothing wrong with you, i would never i say never allow a little baby hold my controller EVER. but if you start wearing gloves while you are playing then you are a freak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12