Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awareness as you age - Scary

This is a discussion on Awareness as you age - Scary within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I had this "incident" the other day and wanna share it, and want to know if somebody think alike ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Awareness as you age - Scary

So I had this "incident" the other day and wanna share it, and want to know if somebody think alike or I´m just becoming a freak.

A Saturday afternoon, and I was babysitting. Usually I only have to watch the kid a couple hours but her parents was gone the whole day. I practically ran out of ideas to entertain her so I decided wth, just let her try some gaming. I turned up my ps3 and nearly gave her the controller then a sudden thought struck my mind. This kid got some unpleasant hand sweat that I don´t want on my controller. Since she don´t like washing her hand I gave her a pair of plastic gloves ( those that the hospitals uses). She didn´t mind I was happy about saving 10 min cleaning the control. Now it have become a habit for her when she game at my house without me saying anything.

The thing is, my lilbro walked in on us sometime later and called me a weird a** f******. It really bugged me. What´s so weird about it? I just like my thing clean without much hassle........

I´m normal right ?
    I didn´t mind a couple years ago but now....oh sh!t. WHY WON`T IT STAY CLEAN?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Resident PHD

I do a lot of demos so my poor controllers take a beating. I have my controllers that I keep at home and then the ones I use for demos (I really fear when I have to start demoing off the Vita) So i understand about kids and messing up controllers.

I had a friend who had sandwich bags for his controllers that he would place them in after being done playing, so know you aren't the weirdest I have seen.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i think its normal now if your a gamer. you dont want to wake up one day and your controller have sticky stuff on it

Lvl 9 - Gold

I´m mostly afraid that it will get worse later.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Buy my book, Alteration

I think that's okay. I hate when I have to use a greasy controller, or a friend comes over and leaves the controller all greasy.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Death is Awaiting....

Seems pretty normal to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Trophy Huntin'

Nah, it's normal. No one likes a nasty controller

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

sounds strange to me lol, I understand though, especially if she doesnt wash her hands. thats gross.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

Its normal, but making her wear gloves? I mean really? You could of talked to her about washing her hands... maybe discipline her or something. No clean hands, no gaming. That will probably make her wash her hands.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

this is normal? well i guess if everyone here says it's normal, it is. as normal is another word for regular.

why didn't you just make her wash her hands. really gloves?
    maybe it has anything to do with Obsessive–compulsive disorder?

Platinum Procrastinator

I think its normal to try and keep your controllers clean. However, forcing someone to wear gloves is pretty weird in my opinion. Like others have mentioned, you could of asked her to wash her hands. This is a better and more logical solution as you're also enforcing good hygiene practices on her.

What would her parents of thought if they came home and seen their daughter playing PS3 with you wearing the gloves? Would you tell them you didn't want her greasy hands on your controller so you forced her to wear them before being allowed to play?
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Its normal, but making her wear gloves? I mean really? You could of talked to her about washing her hands... maybe discipline her or something. No clean hands, no gaming. That will probably make her wash her hands.
    Exactly. I also hate when my controller(s) get dirty/greasy when my younger brothers/cousins play my PS3.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Change is mediocre

Yeah, I hate it when someone uses my controller with greasy hands. I touch the controller and it slips out of my hand

So, yeah, it isn't weird that you care about those things, we all do.

Vive La Révelation!

But what if she wiped a booger on it? Or sneezed all over it? I think it best to just keep my PS3 and controllers, to myself!
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

PRO Member

Yeah, if she washes her hands regularly but they were just a bit sweaty, IMO that is not that bad, and if she NEVER washes her hands then you should make her wash them, the glove thing is a bit weird, I know who covers his tv in cloth, his tables in cloth, his remotes wrapped see through plastic tho. Mind it is a little kid, so I can see how her hands could be more disgusting than normal people hands...

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Stop looking at me swan!

I think it's pretty normal that you would want to keep your controllers clean. If I have any friends over and they're eating any snacks that might be greasy I tell them they can't play til they wash their hands first. I won't comment on the gloves since I don't know the situation behind why she refuses to wash her hands. For all we know she goes into screaming fits if she's forced to wash, and by all means I would understand the need for the gloves.

Resident PHD

I think this is why Kinect was invented. The developers were tired of sticky controllers

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Crocodile Hunter

meh no1 touches my stuff without me being present to overlook things...i spent a lot of money on it so i wanna make sure it is taken care of.....

see it is becoming common for people to not care about other peoples posessions these days so they take less care in using it ' if it breaks its not mine so i dnt care' sense..... pre sure it never used to be like that but now it is....luckily i grew up with respect for other peoples property and if i break it i pay for it/buy it

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Not sure my word is of any value regarding normality...

I had a friend once who was so sweaty that he changed shirts multiple times a day; and we worked in an office for the most part.

If this kid is anything like my friend, I can't blame you.

Controllers are expensive...

Huge Gaming Backlog

That doesn't sound that weird. It sounds pretty funny actually. The fact that she now wears the gloves all the time is classic. I'm with you though, nothing worse than having a sticky controller.
    Going back a while now, my old Xbox had a heap of music on it so I lent it to a mate for a party. The next day when I got it back, I noticed that someone had spilt bourbon and coke all over one of the controllers. It seeped down into the thumbsticks and from then on they would stick all the time. Wasn't happy.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast