Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Online Trohies

This is a discussion on Online Trohies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i hate the online trophies...pretty much an trophy that has you go online to get... 1) i feel rushed that ...

PRO Member

Online Trohies

i hate the online trophies...pretty much an trophy that has you go online to get...

1) i feel rushed that if i put the game down the server will be shut down and i wont get the trophy

2) you take too long people will just move on to the next game, and will make it harder to find matches..

thats all i can think of right now...Sound off (are you for it or against it)
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 6 - Silver

highly highly doubt that there cant possibly be another thread about this already, but i'll bite. if its an unpopular game, servers go down rather quick. some games stay up for quite a few years. even though a community may die out for the most part, theres always some1 playin. i just hate the unreasonable online trophies, though id still rather have more single player trophies than any kind of online ones

The One and Only

I only dislike online trophies when they're hard to do and whether the servers are crap or the online is dead. Most online trophies I tackled I didn't mind collecting.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

I personally only HATE online trophies for sports games because that's the only time I've encountered the servers being unavailable, but generally no I don't like them. If I'm on the fence about some games the difficulty or tediousness of online trophies most certainly sways me one way or the other.

I think online trophies should be more towards just attempting the online to see if you like it or not (like R&C: All4One, Tekken 6 and Mk vs. DC) but the ones where you have to win x number of matches in a row or have to go all Resistance 2 on people really makes it annoying. As a rule I try to knock the online trophies out first so I can go after the plat on my own time, not the timetable of the servers.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

PRO Member

The only thing that annoys me is that if a game's online is dead or is about to be shut down or if these things will happen, because if you buy a new game but want to play it later you will play it first because you want to get the online trophies before people stop playing the game or they shut the servers down. So yeah I agree that it makes you feel rushed..... to get trophies before you feel comfortable playing the game/getting the trophies, apart from that or if those things don't happen I don't mind them, the actually doing of the trophy is not usually that hard, just finding players is the hard thing...

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

PRO Member

I am personally not a fan of online trophies for the reasons above, but there have been a few games that were really fun online and I enjoyed getting them.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Im loving the feed back people keep it...another reason is that there are cheaters online that F up your progress to get the trophy..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I think Uncharted 2 did online trophies right. Just a couple for trying out the various online modes, that's it. Then if you liked it, you could get the DLC and THEN go for the "20 million online kills" trophies.

It really irks me when you need to master the online components of a game for a plat. I mean, it kind of makes sense, but still. Especially when the game is doomed to be uninhabited after a month or two.

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

there are 1 or 2 online trophys that i hate mainly ac brotherhood ones but otherwise for me it really depends on what the trophys are i suppose.the 5 match win streak in mvc3 was a pain as all i met was people spamming the sentinel and that god damn move,but yeah it depends on what the trophy is.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Huge Gaming Backlog

I don't mind online trophies. Most games aren't to bad. The ones I hate are reach level 50. I like what was done in BC2 or ACR where you only have to go half way. Also most of games that come out now do not even need MP.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Click-Click-Kaboom

I don't like the idea of online trophies either. Because take some people that don't have internet. They paid 60 bucks for something that they can't finish 100%, to me that isn't fair.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yes, yes totally with you. I always put a little thoughts on that when buying games. Not a dealbreaker but an eyesore.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

I dont like online trophies especially if they keep me from getting a platinum

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i hate them to death. ill get a game with them if its something i was guna get anyway, but psn games or on the fence games? no way. i dont mind if its reasonable, like uncharted or infamous 2, but in LBP they were ridiculous! however, in games where multiplayer is the focus, fighting, fps, sports or racing, i dont mind that theyre there. i expect them to be, and it proves youve mastered the game. thats what a platinum is sposta symbolize, right?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I hate them also, now every game developer feels they need to cram some sort of online or multiplayer trophies in EVERY f-ing game. When they don't need them at all.

Now even inFAMOUS 2 has online trophies, I know it's only 4, and you only have to play levels to earn them, but you know it's just the beginning.

To many good single player games are now doing this, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Dead Space, infFAMOUS, etc. when it was single player that made game great to start with.

To me it's just a real shame, and the single player game will be extinct before much longer.

But that's just my opinion.

Lvl 9 - Gold

To be honest, I really don't mind multiplayer trophies. Well, most of them, anyway.

The trophies that really do get my back up are the ones that require you to achieve 10,000 online kills (I'll never attempt one of those again), to reach the maximum level for multiplayer experience (anywhere from level 50 to 100), and those that require you to invest an insane number of hours in order to reach platinum. Up to 1,000 hours in Warhawk?! Seriously? Whichever twat came up with that idea really needs to be taken out back and shot. If I were to invest 1,000 hours into any game to get the plat, I'd expect the developers to pay my electricity bill for me...

As previously mentioned, Naughty Dog have the right idea. They don't force you to dedicate yourself to the online - just play 2 matches and bang, that's you. Other recent games, such as Transformers: DOTM and AC Revelations are also on the right track, by featuring some easy enough trophies that can all be earned within a matter of hours, without the need to devote weeks and even months of your life towards something that you will inevitably end up hating by the time you're finished.

Anyway. As I said, online trophies generally don't bother me. They're a good way to get gamers to experience the more social side of gaming, as opposed to just playing on your own all the time.

A plat a month!

I don't mind online trophies, as long as they are done right.

Examples of online trophies done right
    Get to level X: As long as the server is up, this can be accomplished, and doesn't have any ridiculous requirements.
    Good example done right: Tron, Bioshock 2
    Co op done on either online or off
    Good example: Tron
    Perform X number of actions (reasonable)
    Crysis 2 - I spy
    Play on every map
    Bioshock 2
    Play a type of every mode
    Uncharted 2 and 3

Examples of online trophies done wrong
    Perform X number of actions (that require some ridiculous action)
    Example: Battlefield Bad company 2 - Demo Man
    Capture a token
    I don't know of one specifically, but I heard there was a Wrestling game that required you to beat someone who held a title.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Capture a token
    I don't know of one specifically, but I heard there was a Wrestling game that required you to beat someone who held a title.
    Brutal Legends, Magic the Gathering and Borderlands all have a trophy like that

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I don't know what Brutal Legends and Magic the Gathering entail as far as token trophies, but I would argue Borderlands not a "token" trophy, but a "viral" trophy, which I do not have any problems against. In the case of borderlands, that "viral" trophy only requires you to join a session in which another gamer has that trophy. I got that trophy the instant I joined my first online match, which was a while after the release by the way.

The wrestling game I heard that had a problem with a "token" trophy required you to compete against someone of a higher title, and win, without disconnection. In a case like that, I heard that one gamer had the title, but would unplug their network connection if they were losing.

Ghost Assassin

In my opinion, online trophies shouldn't be required for the plat. I hate it when you're forced to play a game's terrible MP to get the plat. Of course, there are some games do it right such as Uncharted 2 & 3; the MP isn't bad to begin with and they only make you play two game modes. I've also noticed that Ubisoft improved the online trophies with AC:Revelations; another example of how online trophies could be.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Which trophy in borderlands is like that. Do you mean the "And they'll tell two friends" trophy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast