Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Episode 3 hints start droppin like a carpet bomb

This is a discussion on Episode 3 hints start droppin like a carpet bomb within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Steamcast (very Reliable source for Valve shit) Tweets That Gabe Gave greenlight for dropping Episode 3 Hints: https://twitter.com/#!/Steamcast/sta...15750623432704 Go ahead ...

INTJ

Episode 3 hints start droppin like a carpet bomb

Steamcast (very Reliable source for Valve shit) Tweets That Gabe Gave greenlight for dropping Episode 3 Hints:

https://twitter.com/#!/Steamcast/sta...15750623432704

Go ahead given by Gabe to start dropping hints relating to the next Half Life game #Official #Valve

Saurabh (one of the selected people from the Portal 2 ARG, Very reliable) Says he's been given the green light to drop Half Life hints from a "Inside Source"

Steamcast Podcast - Page 91 - Steam Users' Forums

So the go ahead has been given to drop Half Life related hints. Basically confirming what others have been speculating on the forums.

We will see where things go from there.

I know how you feel. I am truly an utterly scared right now because people are going to start breathing right down my neck. But having faith in my source I will say that I would rather have the upcoming announcements attest the credibility of my information source rather than me just sitting here and explaining everything.

In other words, I won't spread BS. I promise. Also, i will take screen shots next time. That was my mistake.

The bullshit URL's arn't helping the hype train situation much

Not to mention Laidlaw is confirming the Half life shirt that was seen weeks ago is somewhat legit

PRO Member

YES! The Half Life games are so awesome!
    Last edited by daftprophet; 12-21-2011 at 03:42 PM.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 4 - Silver

Still playing Half Life 2, just awesome

Kiwi Defender

Well, when will they start giving us them hints?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Valve Teases Half-Life 3 Through Hidden Steam Store Image; And More Strange Half-Life Hints And Clues*|*LambdaGeneration

Could Leveraged and Spitfire’s informant have been right? Has the green-light really been given for Half-Life viral marketing? After all these years, has the time finally come for a new Half-Life installment? Let’s take a look at some pretty convincing hints regarding Half-Life, that have come from Valve in the past month. I’ll give you a few of my points of view, but it’s up to you to decide what to believe. In the words of an ancient Chinese wiseman, and totally NOT just Morpheus from The Matrix: “I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to go through it.” I swear it’s not Morpheus, though. I… don’t even like The Matrix. I mean, I do, but… yeah, you get the idea.

The first and biggest hint towards Half-Life 3 came just a few hours ago, on the Steam Store. Buyers and Steam users were simply looking through the games and sales on display as part of Day 5, until they noticed that there was a final hidden image at the very end of the slideshow (keep clicking right on the arrows or just click the final square), completely unrelated to the main event. This is that image:

Those are the three main Steam Store mascots: Sir Roderick Bodkin, or Bodkins for short, in yellow. Cyl is the little cynical, mean-looking dude in black, and Tappet is the guy in orange. In case you didn’t know, all three names fit with the valve-steam theme that Valve have got going on. In addition, these three all represent gamer stereotypes: Cyl represents the more pessimistic, “hardcore” gamer. Tappet is a bit of a newbie, and Bodkins is caught in between. There are three other, “secondary” mascots, so to speak, that I can’t identify, but they are not in this picture, so forget about them.

So, as we can all see, Cyl, Bodkins and Tappet are riding along with Santa Claus, on his pimped-out sleigh. What makes this picture interesting, you ask? Well, it seems that Bodkins has received a very special gift from Santa. A golden Half-Life necklace. With precisely three specks of light shining on its surface. Three. As if to imply Santa will be bringing us something HL3-related for Christmas. Now, I don’t know about you, but it’s a bit suspicious that this is the first time Valve has acknowledged Half-Life outside of a promotional occasion. It also comes days after we heard someone at Valve had given the green-light on Half-Life viral marketing through hints and teases. And it’s a bit odd that this is inside a hidden image placed at the end of the sales slideshow. I mean… it isn’t advertising anything, it’s not affiliated to anything. Half-Life isn’t even a daily deal today, itwas a daily deal on Day 2. But, there’s a bit more to be found in this image. The gem directly under Bodkins’ necklace also has three shiny specks of light on its surface. In addition, the “S” on Santa’s sleigh has five specks of light on it, arranged exactly in the shape of a Lambda, the symbol of the Half-Life franchise. And, of course, Tappet has unboxed a golden candy cane that looks a lot like a crowbar.

Is that the only hint we’ve received straight from Valve? No, surprisingly. Let’s head over to the Valve Store, where they’ve got a holiday sale going on as well. To celebrate, they’ve given us a lovely little comic called “Randolph, the Red Nosed Turret”. It’s 4 pages long, and it tells the story of a little Aperture Science turret named Randolph, whose nose has been a source of ridicule for him, from fellow turrets. However, when he is tasked by GLaDOS to defend the Christmas tree from any would-be gift burglars, he passes with flying colors, albeit at the cost of killing Santa Claus and wrecking the room. The turrets are happy, but there’s one catch. Let’s take a look at page 3 of the comic:

Take a look at those Christmas stockings. How many? Three. That’s 3 stockings on page 3 of the comic. What’s written on the stockings? “Gordon”, “Alyx”, and “D0g”. What lies above these three stockings? A painting of the idyllic landscape we saw in Portal 2′s ending. Except the sky has been changed from what it looked like in the game, for no apparent reason. There are now precisely 3 clouds on the sky. This may be the first time Valve has acknowledged the existence of any Half-Life characters in a very long time. Would they really do it out of the blue, for absolutely no apparent reason? Breaking the Great Half-Life Wall of Silence? Or would they do it, knowing they now had a reason for it? You might say that they’re simply giving nods to all the Valve game franchises in this picture, except Team Fortress is nowhere to be found.

That’s not all. Speaking of Team Fortress, let’s take a look on the TF2 front, shall we? This step is simple: head on over to an official in-game Valve server. Once you’re in, open up the console and type “status”. Take a look at the results. If you’re simply too lazy to take a look yourself, then simply take a look at this YouTube video.

Yes, that is another strange Half-Life reference. No idea when exactly it was added, but it must be pretty new, as someone would have surely noticed it before. It doesn’t seem to be in any other Valve titles, so that rules out the possibility of a long-time coding mix-up.

And for the last TF2 hint, just take a look at page 14 of the recently released “A Smissmas Story” comic. The frontpage of the Teufort Times, showing the Scout, Spy, and Soldier alongside the unnamed family from the comic. Seems normal, right? Let’s take a look at this analysis, created by General Cornwaffle on DeviantART:

As you can see, there seems to be an upside-down Lambda symbol in the background. It’s also right next to the Spy’s cigarette smoke, which, while not highlighted in Cornwaffle’s analysis, also heavily resembles the number 3. And, of course, we also have this big… weird stain that is, clearly, a mirrored 3. I have no idea how an ordinary spill could possibly resemble a 3, so if you ask me, this seems intentional.

And, finally, our last and, perhaps, more interesting hint, from the Steam Translation Server - this will be a description for one of the upcoming Holiday Sale achievement objectives, and it is currently on the STS for the community translators to translate it into all the different Steam languages, before it becomes an actual objective:

Imagine all the games they could have used for this example. All the active Valve franchises. Yet, they chose Half-Life. A franchise they’ve been ignoring for a very long time. In the midst of all this pandemonium. Doesn’t that strike you as a bit odd?

Now, I’m not going to make any assumptions or theories. You’ll hear no speculation from me – but consider this: in the past month, we’ve seen more hints out of Valve regarding Half-Life than we’ve seen in the past 3-4 years. And we’ve heard that Valve has given the green-light to release hints regarding the franchise, from two reputable sources with an informer who hasn’t let them down in the past. And let’s not forget that Game Informer did say we’d see a Half-Life 3 reveal this year. Didn’t we also hear a US-based Valve voice actor tell Official Xbox Magazine that he had done voice work for the upcoming Half-Life? And, of course, we have Wheatley, implying a new Valve singleplayer title will be out in 2012.

Hey, I’m just saying!

meanwhile, the informant in the above post could of possibly been debunked because gabe did say he did not call for a green light, but once again another ARG "Winner" popped up out of the blue

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...&postcount=275

Ok, folks I just talked to the informant and we clarified boundaries on what can be shared and what can't be shared.

And I also asked him about whether or not Gabe authorized hints on Half-Life stuff.

And he said he didn't know who had given the go ahead. He just assumed it was Gabe when he first told me, 'cause Gabe is the boss, right? Lol...

So to clarify, the statement should not have referenced Gabe, and instead should have been: "Someone at Valve has authorized or given the go-ahead to start leaking or dropping Half-Life related hints, or clues, or easter eggs or references or any combination thereof."

And that's the full extent of what I can share. I'm not authorized to share anything else, and I will respect the wishes of the Valve dev and the informant.

Hope that helps!

(And if you're thinking I have something to gain by this, I don't. In fact I risk looking like a fool and troll by sharing even this much. But whatever, I'm enjoying this, and it's Christmas!! I think it's high time Half-Life fans got a little gift like this.)

Meanwhile this image is spreading like wildfire

Toggle Spoiler

But if it was true it would contradict the artistic choices from half life 2

Marc Laidlaw being cryptic or funny, either one

in the end, all we have from episode 3 that is fully valve approved is concept art from 4~ years ago

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by Ps360; 12-25-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Kiwi Defender

Finally, some hints! I'll spent the next 10 minutes reading all the shit you just posted Ps360 lol.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Guess wut, I know you gals/guys donīt care but, tried Half life 2 for a hour, never expreicend anything so close to being boring shooter except black ops campaign.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Guess wut, I know you gals/guys donīt care but, tried Half life 2 for a hour, never expreicend anything so close to being boring shooter except black ops campaign.
    Hey, that's a high-brow game, so no one blames you for not being able to appreciate it properly or even understand it. Also, avoid going offtopic.

Toggle Spoiler

INTJ

Judging by the fact you like berserk (Sig pic, Anime is basically a gigantic violence fest) i can see why you hate half life 2.

INTJ

New Update on the Hints-a-thon

On today's Holiday pic, there's this on the Red Faction Hammer

look familiar?

It's the Black Mesa Logo

Also Marc Laidlaw responds to the 50 trillion refrences suddenly spawning out of thin air:

So all the sudden refrences spawn out of thin air after 3 years of absolutely fucking nothing because of "franchise ubiquity?"

Another Portal 2 ARG winner backs up the other two:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...&postcount=515

Thanks Lewk. Plus rep to you, and thanks for sharing what you did, and for sticking up for Saurabh. Btw, you're right on the money.

Merry Christmas!

Prepare for unforeseen consequences from those inbound anomalous materials you mentioned.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Judging by the fact you like berserk (Sig pic, Anime is basically a gigantic violence fest) i can see why you hate half life 2.
    I promise is the last time I go off topic here, just got to respond to this person who shocked me. You know, it feels actually weird that you are recognizing anime as violence fest, I mean first time ever in my short lived life have I heard that. No love, no hate, but more like baffled, stunned and shocked and awe at you. Not thinking it as children show, the worst entertainment there is, weaboo stuff, epitome of awesomeness but violence fest. I so wanna respond, even if I donīt have the words to do so. Did an anime show scar your childhood? The only logical explanation is you watched Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Ok, ok , I think I know what I wanna say. Just expressed my opinion based on nothing but my experience with the game, and you stating that anime is violence fest. A fact based on what? Ignorance? Hate? I mean donīt do that man(woman?). Is so not pretty to see. I guess Iīm feeling hate since Iīm kinda more offended by it then people calling it kid stuff.

Not trying to start a fight, just donīt state anything without facts when you are this serious yourself. If not serious, man I offer my Black Ops poster that I use a coaster as apology.

An just to be a little informative even thought you donīt care. The thing you did , assuming that I like anime through my sig just wrong. Would be right if you said manga. Yes there is an Berserk anime, but the anime didnīt reach that far as what the sig shows. So no, basing off my sig you canīt tell that I like anime.

And yea, then you come and say, since Iīm not interested to learn it right about these stuff, so that doesnīt matter to me, but then again, being kind of serious with your posts, being half-assed on stating things is not computing with me.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Kiwi Defender

I promise is the last time I go off topic here, just got to respond to this person who shocked me. You know, it feels actually weird that you are recognizing anime as violence fest, I mean first time ever in my short lived life have I heard that. No love, no hate, but more like baffled, stunned and shocked and awe at you. Not thinking it as children show, the worst entertainment there is, weaboo stuff, epitome of awesomeness but violence fest. I so wanna respond, even if I donīt have the words to do so. Did an anime show scar your childhood? The only logical explanation is you watched Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Ok, ok , I think I know what I wanna say. Just expressed my opinion based on nothing but my experience with the game, and you stating than anime is violence fest. A fact based on what? Ignorance? Hate? I mean donīt do that man(woman?). Is so not pretty to see. I guess Iīm feeling hate since Iīm kinda more offended by it then people calling it kid stuff.
    Actually, what Ps360 meant was that the Berserk anime was a giant violence fest, not that anime in general is one.

Toggle Spoiler

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Actually, what Ps360 meant was that the Berserk anime was a giant violence fest, not that anime in general is one.
    what he said.

why would i have a anime avatar and shit if i didn't like it

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Soon........ Valve are going to save the FPS genre again.............soon

Good digging Ps360, muchos likos.

O_o

HL3 getting closer?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Super keen for HL3, suppose it was always just a matter of time before they returned.

INTJ

Fresh from the counter strike Global offensive beta!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I haven't played a Half Life game in my life, and I don't see why Episode 3 is so highly praised, and even if Gabe were to fart, people would be like "That fart sounded like Half Life Episode 3!!"

Basically, why should I get this game? Is it because of the story, or because people love Valve so much?
    I would love to get on this game, I don't mind buying it if it's good. What is it about? What makes it good?
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    I haven't played a Half Life game in my life,

and there's where i stopped reading

39$ for the whole Half life pack.

Half-Life Complete on Steam

buy, play, love.

the Greatest First person shooter series of all time.

valve is also the god of Community fanservice.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    I haven't played a Half Life game in my life, and I don't see why Episode 3 is so highly praised, and even if Gabe were to fart, people would be like "That fart sounded like Half Life Episode 3!!"

Basically, why should I get this game? Is it because of the story, or because people love Valve so much?
    I would love to get on this game, I don't mind buying it if it's good. What is it about? What makes it good?
    Because Half-Life games are very good and pretty much one of the best FPS franchise in existance (thanks to their gameplay, storyline, characters, etc), with all of the entries being great on their own.

Why should you get this games? Because they are great and deserve all the praise they get. If there is such a thing as a list with games that you should play once in your life, at least Half-Life and Half-Life 2 are in there.

Toggle Spoiler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast