Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CNN's Top 10 Video Games of 2011

This is a discussion on CNN's Top 10 Video Games of 2011 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Source The abbreviated list: 10. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception 9. LA Noire 8. LittleBigPlanet 2 7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution ...

Retired TGT Member

CNN's Top 10 Video Games of 2011

Source

The abbreviated list:

10. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    9. LA Noire
    8. LittleBigPlanet 2
    7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    6. NBA 2K11
    5. Saints Row: The Third
    4. Bastion
    3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    2. Batman: Arkham City
    1. Portal 2

This may start some fires. I'm talking without experience here, but how the hell does an NBA game make the top 10?? Also, as much as I LOVED Saints Row: The Third, there's no way it beats Uncharted 3 or Deus Ex.

Still, I can't argue with Portal 2 taking the top spot.

Let the bitching and trolling begin!
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 12-23-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: list was backwards at first

Resident PHD

How the Hell did La Noire get on that list and NBA WTF?

No Zelda, but NBA 2K12 gets on that list.

EDIT-I just realized that they put NBA 2K11 on that list...that didn't even come out this year. They failed at their own list

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    How the Hell did La Noire get on that list and NBA WTF?

No Zelda, but NBA 2K12 gets on that list.

EDIT-I just realized that they put NBA 2K11 on that list...that didn't even come out this year. They failed at their own list
    I mean it's basically "some dude" at CNN who happens to play video games, making him their resident critic, apparently.

PRO Member

Again this is coming from people who know nothing about games... Which is why I don't care about this list. It's the same as Puerto Rico's top 10 video game list of 2011... boy was that ugly when I read it yesterday...

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Again this is coming from people who know nothing about games... Which is why I don't care about this list. It's the same as Puerto Rico's top 10 video game list of 2011... boy was that ugly when I read it yesterday...
    I actually just google'd that and came up empty. Do you have a link handy? Share the fun!

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Source

The abbreviated list:

10. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    9. LA Noire
    8. LittleBigPlanet 2
    7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    6. NBA 2K11
    5. Saints Row: The Third
    4. Bastion
    3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    1. Portal 2

This may start some fires. I'm talking without experience here, but how the hell does an NBA game make the top 10?? Also, as much as I LOVED Saints Row: The Third, there's no way it beats Uncharted 3 or Deus Ex.

Still, I can't argue with Portal 2 taking the top spot.

Let the bitching and trolling begin!
    Ok, I can see some games on here that deserve to make the list. But, NBA 2K11!? Didn't that come out LAST YEAR!? SMH!! I can't see LA Noire being on that list. I think Infamous 2 could be on that list. Just my opinion.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Wow, a sports game gets in a top 10 list I know people love sports games just like I love CoD, but neither should be in a top 10, unless you're just comparing there counterparts.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Closing this account

your right...the fires will start. IMO... i would never play any of those games on that list accepted for nba 2k11. it had sold over 4 million copies and why it shouldn't be on the list?

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    your right...the fires will start. IMO... i would never play any of those games on that list accepted for nba 2k11. it had sold over 4 million copies and why it shouldn't be on the list?
    Well the biggest problem is that it came out in 2010, not 2011.

Number of sales (or revenue, for that matter) is no indication of quality. CoD MW3 was the fastest game in history to reach $1,000,000,000 in sales, but it didn't make the list either. (source)

Closing this account

Well the biggest problem is that it came out in 2010, not 2011.

Number of sales (or revenue, for that matter) is no indication of quality. CoD MW3 was the fastest game in history to reach $1,000,000,000 in sales, but it didn't make the list either. (source)
    COD should had made that list. that is an #1 game here in japan.

Lvl 8 - Gold

NBA better than UC3?

List = Invalid

Lvl 2 - Bronze

this is why nba 2k12 is there NBA 2K12 for Xbox 360 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic and i think uncharted 3 isnt all that i had more fun playing saints row 3

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    COD should had made that list. that is an #1 game here in japan.
    Okay, if you're going to make claims like that, you really need to start providing sources. I could come out and say that Rango sold four trillion copies and that Apples to Apples is the new best-selling game of all time, but without a source of that information, you'd be a fool to believe me.

In this case though, I'll provide a source for you: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hits #1 on Japanese Sales Charts - Gamequack | Gamequack.

Still though, you are talking about sales, which as I've already said, is not a fair indicator of quality. "Top 10" lists like the one I provided in this thread have more to do with qualitative features of a game and less, if anything, to do with sales.

Quote Originally Posted by kenady15 View Post
    this is why nba 2k12 is there NBA 2K12 for Xbox 360 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic and i think uncharted 3 isnt all that i had more fun playing saints row 3

NBA2K12 is not there! It's NBA2K11 and it isn't likely to be a typo since that article says "NBA2K11" in three different places.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    NBA better than UC3?

List = Invalid
    Agreed. I also think Infamous 2 along with some others should be on the list. Uncharted 3 only being #10. Come on now. I haven't played some of the games on the list but from what I hear they belong. This is a BS list.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    NBA better than UC3?

List = Invalid
    to the ppl that play nba 2k games may think it is better. its all about preference. seem like shoot em up's and rpg's should only be on a list...wrong.

PRO Member

This is what I read from Puerto Rico's top 10 games of 2011. Which from what I understand in what I read was voted by people in Puerto Rico:

Se acerca el fin de 2011, y llegó la hora de escoger los videojuegos del año. ¿Qué significa decir que Final Fantasy es superior a Civilization? ¿O que Dragon Age es mejor que Madden?

Por eso, hemos preparado una lista de los mejores títulos del año, no seré yo quien escoja los ganadores.

Los invito a ustedes, ‘gamers’ boricuas, a comentar en esta nota, visitar el blog Fuera del control. Además te invitamos a opinar en Facebook y Twitter. En dos semanas, en este mismo espacio, presentaremos los juegos que, según ustedes, definieron el 2011.

10. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    9. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    8. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    7. Bulletstorm
    6. Fight Night Champion
    5. Battlefield 3
    4. NBA 2K12
    3. Call of Duty: Black Ops
    1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    This list isn't that bad but no Portal 2? WTH is Black Ops doing there? Bulletstorm?
    The bolds are the fun ones to see!

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Lvl 5 - Silver

CNN rating video games ???? maybe there isnt enough political tension in the world right now !!!!!
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 2 - Bronze

oh well arkham city is my goty

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    This is what I read from Puerto Rico's top 10 games of 2011. Which from what I understand in what I read was voted by people in Puerto Rico:

[removed for space]

This list isn't that bad but no Portal 2? WTH is Black Ops doing there? Bulletstorm?
    The bolds are the fun ones to see!
    Hey at least they picked the correct version of NBA, even if they did take a big swing and a miss at Black Ops.

Closing this account

Okay, if you're going to make claims like that, you really need to start providing sources. I could come out and say that Rango sold four trillion copies and that Apples to Apples is the new best-selling game of all time, but without a source of that information, you'd be a fool to believe me.

In this case though, I'll provide a source for you: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hits #1 on Japanese Sales Charts - Gamequack | Gamequack.

Still though, you are talking about sales, which as I've already said, is not a fair indicator of quality. "Top 10" lists like the one I provided in this thread have more to do with qualitative features of a game and less, if anything, to do with sales.

NBA2K12 is not there! It's NBA2K11 and it isn't likely to be a typo since that article says "NBA2K11" in three different places.
    my fault.. i was looking at that same article. you have to wonder a bit why they are putting the most newest games on that list and comparing them to games that was on the shelves for awhile. should thay had said the 10 top xmas games or top 10 end of the quarter games?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast