Anyone else having audio reverb problems while video chatting?

This is a discussion on Anyone else having audio reverb problems while video chatting? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; We have used our PS3s for the last 3 years to video chat on a weekly basis with relatives outside ...

PRO Member

Anyone else having audio reverb problems while video chatting?

We have used our PS3s for the last 3 years to video chat on a weekly basis with relatives outside of the country. However, during the past month every time that we video chat we get major reverb during the entire conversation. It doesn't matter how far away we move the camera from the set or the receiver nor which PS3 we use. We have two separate PS3s and two eyes and both of them have reverb problems in two different locations in the house. Is this a new problem that has sprung up? Is there anything else that we can do on our end to fix it? I've tried every adjustment possible in the chat menu and no change makes really any difference. The only time we can cut down on the reverb is if we turn the main volume down to where you can barely hear the people on the other end. I know that I could use a separate mic to stop it but that shouldn't have to be the solution as we had never had this problem before. Thanks for your help and have a Happy Holidays!

PRO Member

Anyone else use the video chat at all?