Official Playstation Headset Problems

This is a discussion on Official Playstation Headset Problems within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello guys, I recently got a Official Playstation Headset (you know the new $100 one). Well The surround sound is ...

PRO Member

Official Playstation Headset Problems

Hello guys,
    I recently got a Official Playstation Headset (you know the new $100 one). Well The surround sound is fantastic and the control over audio/chat is outstanding how crystal clear I can hear both at the same time especially with the HQ mode. The only problem not only me but basically everyone that has this headset are experiencing is how sensitive the mic on this headset is. I can be playing in my room and the mic pics up whatever people are saying 2-3 rooms away from mine. NO JOKE. I pretty much fixed that problem by closing the door when of the room where I play in. However I use a fan in that room because it's hot as hell. So what's the problem? It sounds like I'm inside a hurricane. Even if I put the fan far away on low. So ok to solve that problem I just turn off the fan. However with nothing to disturb the audio. The room remains so quiet since the TV's audio is now in the headset I can literally hear myself breathing through the mic. Something that irritates me because it's so loud it sounds like I just ran a mile or two. I've been trying to find an at home fix since it seems many people if not everyone has this problem and Sony can't do nothing about it. So if I were to put a cloth over the mic (like if it were a windscreen) all the wind (obviously) cannot be heard. So I've gone to Amazon and Ebay in an attempt to find good windscreens of an estimate size to fit the headset's mic even if I have to put a bit of tape or something on it to hold it on to the mic and what I found was this:

Amazon Windscreen

Amazon Windscreen Colorful

Any other recommendations to a possible fix to this problem would be appreciated (fix to the windy problems on the mic).

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

PRO Member

Hmmmm that is strange, I just got the same headset today and I am not having this problem. I think that there may be a way to turn down your voice from the XMB.

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Hmmmm that is strange, I just got the same headset today and I am not having this problem. I think that there may be a way to turn down your voice from the XMB.
    No there isn't trust me. Other headsets and bluetooth devices can have their volume control lowered. If what I read was correct there was an update with leaves the default audio for this headset at 3. The mic is very sensitive in terms to the amount of audio it picks up. I'm not complaining heck on my end the only thing I hear is other people and the game. I'm worried about disturbing people on the other end which have to suffer through the hurricane which they might sometimes hear or the awkward breathing...

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"